So sad it's come to this...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

This is so sad!

2. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Sorry that this happened to them. That is both scary and traumatic. And, as you said, so sad that it has come to this.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I wonder if it was boredom that something like this happened. Thankfully no one was hurt physically.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So glad that neither were injured physically, but the trauma of that kind of action will be hard for them to process. I don't like to let my kiddos walk down the road by themselves these days. It's absolutely so different from when I was young. :(

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so awful for those poor boys. :( I don't even get why they would steal a cell phone anyway? Mine is locked with facial recognition and everyone else in my family has a passcode lock, so nobody could even use ours if they stole them anyway. It's just so senseless. :(

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That is so traumatic, especially at 14! DH was robbed at gunpoint, but he was in his 20's. Glad they are safe. Sad that a phone and ear bud can cause someone to rob another person.

7. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

So glad they were not hurt, but yes, we live in a world with increasing violence. It can be very scary. Prayers for him and his family.

8. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

A classmate stole my daughter's phone right out of her backpack. The police tracked it down to one of those ATM looking things at a Walmart where you can turn in electronics. We got the phone back (minus the SIM card), and that girl and her boyfriend now have records. I hope it was worth the $60 to $90 they got for the phone.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Awful! You have to guard everything you have now! Like you said, Lynn; they did it for such a small amount of return and now have police records!

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh that's terrible! I know how excited you were about your library opening back up after the remodel!

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ah! I hadn't thought of that avenue for money. I guess I wouldn't make a very good crook. :giggle I'm glad the ones that stole your daughter's phone got caught! :agree

12. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

When the detective told me about that machine (I had never heard of if before), I asked him if that doesn't promote stealing. He said you have to give them your driver's license, swear you are the owner, and someone is remotely looking at you through a camera to make sure the person using the machine is the same person on the driver's license. I guess those two dummies didn't make good crooks either. lol That's how they got caught. However, I bet a lot of parents would have just yelled at their kid for losing their phone. That's probably what the crooks were betting on. I know how obsessive my daughter is about her phone, so I knew she didn't just lose it. Even the vice principle seemed a little shocked and put off when I told him that I was going to file a police report. How dare I, right?

Karen and HeatherB like this.
  13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

What an awful thing to have happened. Especially so close to where you live :(

14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

So sad and terrible

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Good for you for following through and filing the report. It seems awful that the vice principal tried to pressure you not to.

Karen likes this.
  16. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

I'm so sorry to hear that happened.

17. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Terrifying for them. Sad indeed. I'm so sorry

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Forget who suggested the theft could have been from boredom. I seriously doubt that as an iPhone and Apple ear buds can bring a nice bit of money traded in the drug market. There is a pocket of public housing very near the library and two days ago a 14 yr old boy (resident) was shot and killed there at 10pm. Yesterday it was a 17 yo boy shot and killed and this is a well maintained and good looking project. The imbalance in our town and society...

19. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Yikes!! That’s tragic.

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

WOW!! This is why people don't report stuff like this! Really angers me that you got that kind of response. You're right - "how dare you"!!!