Fictional Town | Pad Patter 7.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 22, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We were listening to a podcast the other day that talked about what fictional town they wanted to live in. There was a range from Amity Island (Jaws) to Springfield (Simpsons) to Mayberry (Andy Griffith Show).

Me? I've always wanted to live in Stars Hallow (Gilmore Girls). I love small towns and it has 4 seasons. The quirkiness of the townspeople makes me smile too.

How about you? What fictional town would you like to live in? And please share the show for those of us that have been stuck with cartoon shows for years!

Also, in case you are wondering, yes, it can be a real town but as portrayed on a show. Munchkin wants to live in New York City like on Curious George. Not the NYC that we visited. He says that NYC was smelly. :giggle

KarenB and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I would love to live in bright, sunny :hammockHonolulu (think Hawaii five-0) instead of Seattle with its 308 overcast days each year!:badmood

KarenB, bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@Iowan - Honolulu (Hawaii 5-0) is a good one! :agree

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm gonna say Hogwarts from the Harry Potter movies. I know it's not a town, but it's a fictional place and would be fun to live there and do magic.

5. bestcee

I think a boarding school can totally count as a town (I consider BYU a town :giggle)!

It would be a fun place to live! Don't some of the teachers live there year round?

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. bestcee

Funny you say this. My family was talking about how the weather (also known as rain splatters) kept passing over our house, and dropping in other places around town or outside of town. Munchkin said it would be a good place to live if you don't like rain. Nick: Like Seattle. I bet they would love it here for awhile.

Me? Rain sounds beautiful right now! We haven't seen any in our part of town since early May.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hmmmm :thinking2

Thinking of the books I've read this year, I think I'll choose the planet of the aliens who are the main characters of this book, which takes places hundreds of years in our future, millions of miles away from Earth (but includes some humans, so I wouldn't be out of place)! :D

By the way, those flowery like things on the cover are the aliens. They're fascinating creatures. I loved this book and its sequel. Highly recommend. :tu

[​IMG]

bestcee and KarenB like this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

After thinking about this for awhile, there are several fictional places that appeal to me:

Chesapeake Shores, the fictional town in a series of books by Sherryl Woods
    Cedar Cove, the fictional town in a series of books by Debbie Macomber
    South Cove, California, the fictional town in a series of cozy mystery books by Lynn Cahoon

bestcee, KarenB and cfile like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Good one! in teen years, even though it was on the Hellmouth, i probably would have said Sunnydale from the Buffy series. I don't remember if there were humans living in the Zootopia world from the Disney movie but it looked good to me
    [​IMG]

KarenB likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

KarenB likes this.
  11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

J R Tolkin's Hobbiton

BevG and KarenB like this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love this thread! I have no idea where I would go, but it's a fun idea to think about. I think it would be super fun to live in Star's Hollow too @bestcee except I feel I wouldn't be allowed because I don't drink coffee and their lives seem to revolve around coffee so much. Hee hee!

Sokee and KarenB like this.
  13. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Avonlea (from Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series). Based on the actual place (it's not quite a town, really) of Cavendish, Prince Edward Island, which is one of the most beautiful spots in Canada that I have ever visited.

Sokee, bestcee and KarenB like this.
  14. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Maybe Forks, Washington. We are fans of the Twilight series. Since moving to Washington state I have been wanting to make a trip over to Forks and visit all the places there that were in the movie... yes, I know the movie wasn't filmed there. What's with that! But it would still be fun to go see the ocean at La Push. And to see the homes that represent the homes of the characters.

bestcee and KarenB like this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I would also pick Stars Hollow or Avonlea!

mary kate, bestcee and KarenB like this.
  16. bestcee

Oh! I may have to check these series out.

17. bestcee

PEI is on my to visit list! Mostly because of Avonlea. I loved the Road to Avonlea series, and that set of books was okay too.

mary kate likes this.
  18. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

cfile likes this.
  19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Donna it is on my list :) I want to go to Asheville too .. that is a very artsy area of NC so I am hoping one day I can do both on the same trip!!

djp332 likes this.
  20. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Was this a good series? I love a good cozy mystery!

Sokee likes this.