who creates physical art?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I know we all create amazing digital or hybrid scrapbooking pages - the gallery is full of them. I was wondering who else created physical art? Do you draw or paint or collage or sculpt?

I like playing with mixed media and also with textiles

KarenB and Dalis like this.
  2. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Me me (raises hand). I paint in watercolor and gouache and do hand lettering. I also knit and crochet, but not as much lately.

KarenB, AJK, Dalis and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I Mod Podge pictures on canvas squares (usually 12x12) and create wall art. I'm getting ready to make 8 of them for my daughter. I use layers and layers of Mod Podge in the process. Sometimes I paint the edges of canvases, sometimes I don't. That's about all of the "physical art" that I do anymore.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I WANT TO SEE IT ALL!!!!!!!!! Please! I sketch and I am trying to get my hands into loose watercolor and acrylics, but baby steps.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Watercolor is a love of mine. Also working a lot in textile art- surface design and using it to make mixed media clothing. Lots of fun! I do these kinds of dolls as well Right now I don't have one in the works.

wvsandy, KarenB and Angela Toucan like this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Louise De Masi is a professional Art teacher. While her work isn't "loose" she gives great tips for how to achieve many effects. Here are a few in the loose watercolor category; Andrew Geeson . Kristy Partridge
    Here are a few of mine:
    WinterCalm.JPG myART blog image.JPG BathBaby_wtrclrSMALL400.jpg file25.jpg C-_Users_AmandaK_Documents_StudioHeARTworks_MY-ART_Anticipation_Web.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. Cherylndesigns

I just took pictures of some of my canvases, Dalis. The light isn't great today, it's dark and raining, but you'll get the idea. The 12x12 canvas has nine 4x4 (Instagram size) pictures on it. I only sent a few, but some of mine are actual pictures that I just loved and a lot of them are actual 12x12 layouts in 4"x4" format! They print VERY well! I love to look at all of my pictures of layouts on the walls. My walls in my scraproom are quite covered. LOL I also included a picture of my ATC's (physical ones, not digi) that I have hanging on my wall, too. (Why does everything always look crooked when you photograph them on the wall? Hahaha)

wall-art-2.jpg wall-art-6.jpg wall-art-1.jpg wall-art-4.jpg wall-art-3.jpg

HeatherB, tania, wvsandy and 5 others like this.
  8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... you gals are amazing!

AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Cheryl, I LOVE the boxed one!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have done some altered art in the past when I was a member of The Mini Canvas group which was a swap group and was as the title says it... small pieces of artwork.
    I do card making - hybrid and using rubber stamps. I crochet and loom knit ( a new hobby).

I so want to do painting and must make the time. I keep watching Youtubes of what I would like to try.
    Thank you @AJK Amanda for the links to those Youtubes as that is what I want to try - loose watercolors.

Also I have bought a lot of stencils and want to play with my geli plates and those with acrylic paints.

I did a recent swap of an embellished Alarm Clock. With the lockdown etc I could not visit Op shops to find a second hand clock to work with so I settled on a tiny inexpensive one bought on ebay. I made the little box to go with it. All I embellished it with was the pink half pearls and tiny black beads. I have not heard from the recipient yet as I only posted the parcel last week. The clock should work as it is a real clock. For some reason the photo coloring is not 100% real - the box really is the pink of the pearls on clock.
    IMG_6700.JPG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    HeatherB, tania, KarenB and 4 others like this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love seeing these! I used to draw...a LONG time ago, but not anymore. I live vicariously through my children. My 15 year old is a painter (watercolor and acrylic) and my 13 year old love to draw with pencil and pens.

Here's one of her drawings that she also added watercolor too.

91181180_10222280757436684_8508939746544713728_o.jpg

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I cross stitch. This is the project I'm working on and have about two pages of pattern left to do. Even though I'm following a pattern, I still consider it art . . .

2020-01-06-(1).jpg

I doodle/zentangle.

2015-09-13-17.56.03.jpg

2016-09-24-13.39.52-1.jpg

2015-08-29-00.37.50.jpg

I do pen and ink and watercolor.

2014-05-07-08.10.01-1.jpg

2014-04-05-22.27.01.jpg

Here's an album of my zentangles on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.ashcraft/media_set?set=a.10202916243659186&type=3

An album of my sketches on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.ashcraft/media_set?set=a.1775012267187&type=3

A video flip through of my ink work for Inktober in 2017: https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.ashcraft/posts/10212767845063064

I am actually going to be doing some watercoloring with my SIL soon!

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Cherylndesigns, AJK and Angela Toucan like this.
  14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I am more a crafter than a Artist . I do patchwork at a very basic level. I used to love free hand embroidery and cross stitch ,including making miniatures for dolls houses , but I stopped that a while ago.
    I have always drawn, and played with colours, but more as a guide for my other crafts. Now I have taken up painting more seriously,and at the moment I am enjoying a year long course with various teachers to learn different techniques. Love writing too.....

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm a dabbler. :giggle I love to paint both acrylic and water color. I used to do oils, but haven't in a long time. I also used to do a ton of mixed media type art journaling, but haven't done that in about a year or so. I kinda go in cycles, but I usually get back around to all my artsy endeavors. Here are some layouts with pictures of my stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HeatherB, busywoman139, Dalis and 6 others like this.
  16. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

It's so cool to see how creative we all are away from our computers!!! I love to dabble in mixed media. So therapeutic. I just get lost in it. I have to be in the right mood though. sometimes I don't feel like getting messy, or clearing up :giggle

busywoman139, Dalis, Karen and 2 others like this.
  17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I used to do all kind of arts and crafts and jewelry making with my oldest daughter but we haven’t done much of that for many years. All my kids can draw. I’ve never had the talent to be able to paint or draw. My youngest is into making bracelets and tie dye shirts right now. I enjoy the mess free environment of digital scrapping and control z. I have thought of doing a hand lettering class but even that’s digital on the iPad Pro.

busywoman139, Dalis, Karen and 2 others like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

SO enjoyed your post!! Love the inchie-like representations of your work!!
    :heartslub

The apple doesn't fall far...:heartslub

Karen and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Oh my goodness I'm just blown away by all of your beautiful artistic endeavors! I agree with everybody else - we have some fantastically talented artists here and not just in digital art!

@AJK Amanda, thanks so much! There's a running joke about that ATC display - everybody wants me to "leave that to them in my will". The list is getting longer - the lady who cleans for us wants to be added now. :lol:lol

Karen and Angela Toucan like this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Anne-Marie, these are gorgeous!!!