And so THIS FINALLY happened!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, Jul 19, 2020.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

reunited.jpg Most here know that hubster and I have been separated from our grands for 11 months. We tried everything- did everything DS & DIL asked, and it seemed to be fruitless. Then last Sunday son called hubster to say, could we meet for breakfast Tuesday? They'd arranged for a sitter for that short time- first time in a year! They had told us in January that this was the last requirement: to meet with just them. We waited 7 months! We started to think about what it would feel like to hug them again, talk with them, would they be nervous? The baby- Zeke- he won't know us! We missed his first steps, laughter, will he be afraid? Would the littles be hesitant? Would we be seeing them in just a few days??!!
    Breakfast went really well, we were prepared to try to make it amicable. It worked. Son said to each of us they would talk and then he would call to tell us when we could get together later that day (Tues.). We waited. No call. Wednesday. No call. Thurs., Friday, no call. We had been through that over a dozen times since January. It was so hard. We nearly gave up altogether last night, and thought we may have to try to move on, somehow. We were up very late talking, praying.
    At 11:00am this morning, we both got a text from DS saying Come to our house for a cookout this afternoon. It was a shock, and I am NOT complaining, but you have to understand that estrangement is horrific and traumatic. To suddenly feel like the switch has been flipped, it takes a bit to grasp; how do you go from "you can't see our kids" to "come over for a cookout"????? Well, anyway, OF COURSE we went! And thanked the Lord through it all. He had given me a promise, and I had a hard time holding on to it, I confess. I've never had a more a heart shredding experience than to be shut out from our littles. Nevertheless, HE is faithful to His word and here is the proof for us today:
    View attachment 403071 IMG_7122.jpg IMG_7222.jpg

THANK YOU to each of you who spoke encouragement, prayed, and gave kind words over the past year. I am here in part due to your goodness.:bk

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I am so happy you were able to have a wonderful reunion. Yay!

AJK likes this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

How wonderful that you had the reunion you have been waiting for. Continued prayers for family healing :)

AJK likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

So happy for you, thanks for sharing with us.
    We continue to pray for a strengthening of the family bonds and His peace and forgiveness to flow and heal hearts and hurts.

AJK likes this.
  5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

So glad you got to see them! :beat

AJK likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's so wonderful, Amanda!! Continued prayers for further healing!! <3

AJK likes this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

What wonderful news! Prayers for peace going forward.

AJK likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What wonderful news, Amanda! Thank the Lord! Hug those babies and just soak it all in. I'm SO happy for you all! :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

AJK likes this.
  9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That is amazing! Congratulations on being reunited with your family. Sending good thoughts for continued healing.

AJK likes this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

AGAIN, :heartlub:heartlubThank you to each one who has expressed compassion and concern.:heartslub
    Parental/Grandparent Estrangement is at epidemic levels worldwide. I had not ever heard of it before last August. May I ask you to please do a quick search about it? The support group I found has thousands of members. :( That means thousands of families. :( Most of these are parents who have not seen their children for years. Grandchildren have no voice in the situation. Our Maddox stood and stared and then ran to me and lept into my arms saying " I missed you SO MUCH! " We were fortunate, we were blessed. Now I will pray for those who yet suffer, on BOTH sides.

11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Amanda, I am rejoicing with you and I pray that the relationships will continue to be good ones with your son and family.

AJK likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so happy that you were finally able to see your grandkids again!

AJK likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Such happy news. I hope your son/DIL continue to allow you to see your grands.

AJK likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am glad you were able to be with them for a bit and hopefully you get to do it again soon.

AJK likes this.
  15. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Praise the Lord! What good news. So happy for you.

AJK likes this.
  16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's so nice to be reunited. Hoping it continues. :)

AJK likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yay! I'm so happy for you.

AJK likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thank you dear lady!

19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I just saw this now. I am thrilled for you and all involved. Hoping that the estrangement is over for good. Happy days!

AJK likes this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Marilyn! Son told Hubster today that it is over and we should be back to babysitting soon!

flowersgal, Memaw2Wm and KimJ like this.