36 in 36 | July 11th @ 7 pm ET | Scrapping with Liz

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

36 in 36
    36 ITEMS in 36 HOURS
    are YOU up to the CHALLENGE?

:clappy

Instructions
    Because the template is your choice, the only way I will know if you participated is if you link your layout in this thread or within the SwL Group Facebook Album. To qualify, post your layout to the gallery or hosting site of your choice* and then paste the image and link here by 7 am ET Monday to qualify. You can make your layout yours; add items and design as you like, as long as, you follow the instruction(s) below.

THE 36
    Use 6 flair buttons to create scatters totaling exactly 36 flair buttons in the scatter (6 each of the 6). No other flair buttons can be used in the layout. A part of each flair button must be visible (so I can count them). Use the image below to help with the instructions along with the sample layout.

Add whatever else you would like (papers, photos, journaling, ribbons, elements, etc)!

[​IMG]

*Posting Notice: To upload your layout into the TLP gallery it must follow TLP gallery posting requirements.

[​IMG]

What is Liz's 36 in 36 Challenge: Liz's 36 in 36 is a timed challenged (36 hours) requiring you to include the required 36 items in your layout. You can use any Liz template that you own and we make it even easier, because you pick the template after seeing the instructions. Everyone that completes a qualifying layout and posts in this thread within 36 hours of the start of the challenge will receive a new, never released template for free. One lucky participant will win a $10 coupon to Liz's store!!!

Don't own a Liz template yet? Well its easy, you can pick up some Liz templates for free!! Look for freebies in Liz's Facebook Group [link] or Liz's Blog [link].

The challenge will be hosted in this thread.

Participation Prize
    [​IMG]

Sample Layout

(using Kristin Aagard Design's Being Silly)
    [​IMG]

New to the challenge, here are some additional details:
    The 36 items could be all in one instruction (e.g., add 36 flowers) or it could multiple instructions adding up to 36 (e.g., have 12 lines of journaling, use 6 patterned papers, have a 6Ish letter title, use 4 of each flowers, buttons and stars). I will post the instructions at the top of the thread and at the end of thread at the start of the challenge. All those that complete the layout per instructions and post by Monday 7 am ET (36 hours later) will qualify; one layout from the qualifying layouts will win $10 to Liz's store. All participants that complete a qualifying layout will receive the free template. If you are new to posting layouts at TLP, please give your self extra time to do so. If you have trouble posting in the TLP Gallery or your layout doesn't meet Gallery criteria, you can post your layout in the Scrapping with Liz Facebook Group by the deadline to qualify.

The Nitty Gritty
    1. Have fun and play nice!
    2. Use only a Scrapping with Liz template(s) (active, freebie or retired are all okay).
    3. The layout you use must be new for this challenge and cannot be used for another store or designer challenge.
    4. If you post your layout in the TLP gallery please follow all gallery requirements.
    5. Link an image of your layout before the end of the challenge in this TLP Challenge Thread; please include your credits.
    6. Qualification of layouts and eligibility of participation solely determined by Scrapping with Liz.
    7. Questions? Just post your question in this thread; please tag my username (tpbuffy) to get my attention. I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    umyesh, Ferdy, QuiltyMom and 3 others like this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

If I forget tonight then I'll get this tomorrow.:agree

4. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

5. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

I will try to be there

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

7. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

I'm hoping to be able to play. :yup

8. tpbuffy

Instructions
    Because the template is your choice, the only way I will know if you participated is if you link your layout in this thread or within the SwL Group Facebook Album. To qualify, post your layout to the gallery or hosting site of your choice* and then paste the image and link here by 7 am ET Monday to qualify. You can make your layout yours; add items and design as you like, as long as, you follow the instruction(s) below.

THE 36
    Use 6 flair buttons to create scatters totaling exactly 36 flair buttons in the scatter (6 each of the 6). No other flair buttons can be used in the layout. A part of each flair button must be visible (so I can count them). Use the image below to help with the instructions along with the sample layout.

Add whatever else you would like (papers, photos, journaling, ribbons, elements, etc)!

I will monitor the thread closely for the first 30 minutes of the challenge and then check in a few times a day to see if there are questions.

[​IMG]

*Posting Notice: To upload your layout into the TLP gallery it must follow TLP gallery posting requirements.

umyesh, bellbird and Lisa B like this.
  9. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

To clarify: Does it have to be 6 different flairs? For example, the kit I'm looking at has only 3 different flairs. May I use each of them twice in my cluster?

10. tpbuffy

hmmm, yes I will allow as 3 is a multiple of 6!

11. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

Thank you for clarifying!

12. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

Here's mine - thanks for a unique and fun 36 in 36 challenge!

[​IMG]

tpbuffy and bellbird like this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

tpbuffy and bellbird like this.
  14. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Mine is in the SWL Group on Facebook

tpbuffy likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

What a cool way to use flairs! Never thought of them as big confetti!

16. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

Thank you for this Challenge. :)
    [​IMG]

tpbuffy, acwfoster and wvsandy like this.
  17. heather_dw

heather_dw Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    tpbuffy and wvsandy like this.
  18. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge used SWL heartsgalore5 template 4. BTW I'm also obsessed with Township but only on level 59
    [​IMG]

19. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge

[​IMG]

20. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Thanks for the challenge! This is my first full-page done on PS CC. I had a little trouble with shadows, but I'm getting there! I wasn't sure if we needed to keep the flairs in the flower clusters, but did just to be sure!
    [​IMG]