July Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2020 Challenges' started by ashleywb, Jun 29, 2020.

1. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

2. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Thanks for the challenge, I enjoyed choosing the right photo.
    [​IMG]

ashleywb, busywoman139 and RJMJ like this.
  3. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

I loved this challenge. Thank you for hosting, Ashley. Mine :)

[​IMG]

bonnenuit, ashleywb, RJMJ and 2 others like this.
  4. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

6. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge, Jenn. Be sure to read my backstory in the gallery.

[​IMG]

ashleywb and tysam55 like this.
  9. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

10. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

11. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I decided to go with super silly, Peter Venkman of the Ghostbusters looking at himself in the mirror. He may or may not have been drinking. July challenge reflection ghostbusters silly stuff.jpg

bonnenuit and ashleywb like this.
  12. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

I decided to go with light reflections - sunset, the firelight, the moon and the pier lights in the distance. Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Love This Challenge!...It Seems Lately All I Do Is "Reflect" Upon Life In General...& All The Good Times We Have Had Over The Years!...Not Just Because Of Covid-19!...But For Me...Somehow The Warmer Weather Brings Out These Memories More To The Forefront Of My Mind!...This Challenge Had Me Thinking Big Time!...So Many Different Directions I Could Go!...So Many Layouts I Could Create!...But Ultimately In The End...My Mind Went Back To 2008!...Probably One Of The Last Years That We Got To Go To St.Andrews,New Brunswick...It's About 250 Kilometers Away...This Layout Is About Positivity!...& Wonderful Memories!...We Pretty Much Vacationed Every Summer In Some Capacity There...Back In Those Days!...We Have So Many Wonderful Memories Of St.Andrews!...Whether It Be The Amazing Boardwalk There!...The Quaint Wonderful Little Shops!...The Cobblestone Walk Way!...The Incredible Restaurants! & Food!...The Outdoor Patios!...Where At Night...You Can Watch The Sunset Just Behind You!...Waves Of Happiness Wash Over Me When I Think Of This Amazing Place!...Another Highlight Is Their Much Celebrated! Kingsbrae Gardens!...We Walked Through Those Amazing! Gardens So Many Times!...Shopped In Their Little Gift Shop!...The Memories Are Alive & Well! Indeed!...So I Was Looking At Some Old Photos From Back Then!...I Wondered How The Photos Might Look In A Layout!...One Photo In Particular!...I Remember This Day Like It Happened Yesterday!...We Were So Happy!...It Was A Bright! Hot! Beautiful Day!...We Were At Our Favorite Restaurant...The "Harbour Front Restaurant"!...I Was Sitting...After Ray Had Just Pulled Out My Chair For Me!...He Was Just Behind Me!...We Asked One Of The Servers There If They Would Take A Pic Of Us!...And! Alas! A Memory Etched In Time Forever!...In Case I Didn't Make It Clear...Already...The Photo In Question...Is...Me & My Hubby...[Of 25 Years Now!!!]...Raymond Enjoying Our Day In St.Andrews At Our Favorite Restaurant!...

So Remember...This Was Back In 2008!...Before Digital...The Photo Was Smaller In Scale Than I Thought It Would Be!...After I Scanned It Into The Computer...It Didn't Look Good At All!...Remember!...Non-Digital!...The More I Tried To Enlarge It The Grainier It Got!...It Worked On It Off On On For Days...I Used A Lot Of Effects & I Had To Recolor It Too!...It Doesn't Look Perfect But!...I Think All Things Considered...It Looks Pretty Good!...I Couldn't Get The Contrast Any Better Either!...It Made The Photo Unrecognizable!...So I Duplicated It 4 Times & Added A Bevel To It!...And Then! It Started To Look A Lot Better!...I'm Wearing Sunglasses!...& Ray's Eyes Didn't Come Out So Good!...So I Decided That I Wanted Him To Be Wearing Sunglasses Too!...I Tried A Lot Of Pairs That I Had From Various Programs!...But None Looked Right!...Even With Blending! & Work!...So I Went over To Pixabay To Look For Some!...I Found A Whole Bunch!...But The Style Was What I was Looking For!...I Spied The Perfect Pair!...Just Like The Ones He Had Back Then!...I Sized Them Down!...Blended Them In! & They Had No Handles!...So I Drew In My Own Handles With The Line Tool In PSE!...I Was Pretty Happy With The Results!...They Fit His Face Perfectly!...I Recolored Them Just The Right Color! Had To Decrease The Saturation A Few Times...To Get The Better Match!...But Seeing The End Result Made Me Smile A Big Wide Smile!!!...It Was Just Like Back Then!...Talk About An Incredible Memory Frozen in Time!!!...A Memory! Of A Day! Filled With So Much Happiness I Thought I Would Burst!...Ahhh!...Just Take A Deep Breath!!!...And Breathe!...

*For My St.Andrews:Just Go Layout:I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-June-Happiness Is Planning A Trip Somewhere-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynn Grieveson/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *New Job-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Hope & Dreams-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Empty Nest-Amy Wolff
    *Sunnyside-PT-Style-Solids/Strength Of A Woman-PT-Color Overlay/Strength Of A Woman-PT-Color-Styles-All By NBK Design
    *Ray's Sunglasses[Minus The Handles]-Pixabay-AnnaliseArt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    ashleywb and Lillyia like this.
  15. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

16. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Perfect challenge to use one of my favorite photos from my son's senior photo shoot!
    [​IMG]

ashleywb, Lillyia and tania like this.
  17. emjaytee

emjaytee Active Member

Here is mine...

[​IMG]

ashleywb, Lillyia and rlucasmn like this.
  18. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

LOVE reflections ... and you would think in the land of 10,000 lakes I would have a reflection in the water picture. So pleased to have something different and a bit unexpected from a recent day trip adventure. Thanks for hosting the challenge!

[​IMG]

ashleywb and Lillyia like this.
  19. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Here's mine, windshield reflection while crossing the bridge, which I have to take a picture of every time we cross.

[​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  20. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member