binge watching | pad patter 7.7.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 7, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

It can sound different for different people. Mine is like the sound of a fire alarm in a building. When it is quiet it is louder and very annoying. As long as there is some kind of background noise, I don't notice it. I have been to both a doctor and an audiologist and both have said there is nothing that can be done about it. For some people hearing aids will help but I have an aunt that has them and they don't help her at all. I've been told and read that it is just something you learn to live with.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our most recent Binge watch show was Homeland. We heard about it because the just did the series finale in May, so we did a 30 day trial of Showtime and tried really hard to watch them all in those 30 days. :rofl There are 8 or 9 seasons and it because clear very early on that there was no way we could watch that much TV in a month. We ended up having to pay for one month only though, so that was still a lot! We loved it though!

Now we are watching The OA on Netflix. Really weird, but I loved the first "season"... they call it part 1.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just turned 60 and I am loving it!! My dd has a Switch and right now she, my son, and I live on her island. I went to visit my other son and wife's island last night. That was a lot of fun. I love being on the same island as my two kids. I can leave them all kinds of gifts and my dd is building all kinds of amazing terra forms for us. My dd is saying I need my own Switch so I can play when she goes off to college in August, but I would have to start over. Maybe... I may never do housework again...

So here is the funny part --- I am out walking and I see a leaf on the ground and the first thing I think is: is that a DIY? Or a leaf bug that I can catch? And I want to pick up all the branches. Wait - this is the real world...

My favorite part is the swimming they just added last week. I could swim and dive for treasures for hours. So relaxing. Which is a bit weird because in real life I can not swim. I find it way too much work and not at all relaxing.

gonewiththewind and keepscrappin like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Daughter is binge watching Criminal Minds and I joined her, but I had to stop. Those later seasons are so gruesome and dark. I will watch the Great British Baking Show with any time. So much happy!!

keepscrappin and Ferdy like this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Hannah is in PRIME. I can't stop watching it! I believe they only have 2 seasons though.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I have a master degree in binge watching tv series! lol
    right now I started watching Modern Family for the first time, and I'm in season 6 already...loving it!
    Criminal Minds I stopped watching a few years ago, couldn't handle the creepy cases...but I loveee it so I'm seeing again...finished season 9 now!
    I wanna see Law and order SVU again, I read that Stabler will have his own show...

sometimes, when a program is too hyped I loose the interest and watch a few months/years later...probably will do this with Dark, Anne with an E, Stranger things...

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

We are streaming NCIS, Sherlock (British), and CSI Miami or CSI. Old shows that we watched but have forgotten.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have Disney+ with the Hulu/ESPN add-on. First I binge watched Rizzoli & Isles (7 seasons) and now I'm binge watching Body of Proof. Next up is St. Elsewhere ... I'm loving being able to revist old favorites.

Right now I've suspended my Netflix account until new seasons of my favs are available ... Grace & Frankie, Call the Midwife, Virgin River, and a few others. Pre-Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu I watched very little tv, but with the pandemic and being able to stream stuff I've been glued to my iPad ... my grandson has dibs on the TV for Xbox gaming. :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been taking a bit of a break from scrapping during the shutdown so I can get some other projects done, like some knitting that's been on the pile for a while. I decided to watch the Star Wars Saga to keep me entertained while knitting. Little did I know that there are literally WEEKS (months?) of shows and movies to stream. (This is the list I'm working from: --> HERE.) Thankfully most of them are on Disney+, with others found on YouTube. Right now I'm on the second season of Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. So far I've knit a scarf, shawl, and an Icelandic-style sweater while watching, and also while working on making face masks for my family, and sewing a tote bag for my sister, too.

Next time I'll try something simpler! lol!

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I've just binge watched This is Us, which only had 3 seasons on Netflix, so I'm waiting for the 4rth season. DH and I are watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning (we only started watching it a couple years ago so we missed the first 10+ seasons). We're already on season 5. We're also watching CSI.

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

We just finished off the season last night!!! She is better than Jason Bourne!! lol
    We finished our Turkish season too, :( waiting for late fall for that one.
    Greenleaf we've watched too. Warrior Nun (Netflix) was really good too! The south in July is basically an indoor month due to heat and humidity altering with incessant rain.:badmood What shall we do??? hahahaha:crazy3

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm the only tv watcher in our house, so when it's a show I find I like on Netflix and get super thrilled if it has more than 3 seasons, I'll watch it straight through almost - 2 episodes a night. I like foreign films a lot - and that does include British which sometimes still need subtitles if they're WAY up North or even Wales. Last night I finished (boo hoo) Fauda. My son finds good crime/suspense/intel shows and then tells me. I also went straight through Schitsel and after Unorthodox.

I may go back to Prime and check out Hannah (you're bad @Dalis!!!) but I just bought two pairs of jeans from Old Navy and got a month of Hulu free (who knew?) so I have to check and see if there's anything I want to watch. I'll watch Little Fires just because but most of the shows are ones I'm not interested in. I had a link to one son's account before but never bothered with it. They only had it cause his wife 'needed' Grey's Anatomy!

keepscrappin and Dalis like this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Forgot to Add...we just got a free year from AppleTV but again, doesn't seem like I'll bother with it. Maybe in August! the hot killer month...

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh Hulu, has a few good ones!

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My oldest DD watched criminal minds and I watched with her for a bit, but we had to stop because they were giving us the creeps.

16. keepscrappin

I can't watch criminal minds or law and order svu because they give me the creeps. My kids have watched stranger things but it could never get into it. I'm not a fan of watching scary shows.

17. keepscrappin

I love NCIS and even started watching NCIS Los Angeles and NCIS New Orleans a few years ago. I've also watched Sherlock on netflix and wish there were more seasons.

18. keepscrappin

I loved Body of Proof! I watched it last year for free on the abc app and/or on abc.com I wished it had more seasons too. I'll have to check into Rizzoli & Isles. I don't have Hulu, just Disney+, but maybe I can find it on Netflix, prime or Slingtv. I'm waiting for season 2 of Virgin River and I'll have to check out Grace & Frankie and Call the Midwife. Thanks for the suggestions.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

my youngest dd has turned into a star wars fan and is watching them all. hubby and i watched them when covid first started and we are waiting for the new season of the mandalorian on disney+.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

DD is binge-ing Grey's as we speak. I'm not sure what season she's on, but I think she's getting close to being caught up. :giggle

HeatherB likes this.