binge watching | pad patter 7.7.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 7, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We recently signup up for appletv+ and I found a couple of shows that I loved. The first was The Banker and the other was Home Before Dark. I can't wait for another season of Home Before Dark. I stayed up super late watching that one. And last night I started Self Made on Netflix.
    [​IMG]

How about you, what are you binge watching?

2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Revisiting Major Crimes. I love all the quirkiness and both Sharon and Provensa are by hero's,in each their different ways.
    In the,afternoon while Tony is having his siesta I watch 2 episodes of the Amazing race.

Ferdy and keepscrappin like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nope. Don't have any of the main streaming services. I do have Amazon Prime, but very rarely watch anything on it. I have in the past watched older seasons of Survivor or The Amazing Race when they have seasons with previous contestants on. Honestly, there are very few things I actually watch on TV, it is mostly on for the noise so that I don't hear the tinnitus ringing in my ear.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We watch The Office daily and have for several months. We also tried Locke & Key on Netflix, but abandoned after about 4 episodes. Jay and I have watched a couple of movies.

I watch quite a bit of YouTube - scrapbooking process videos mostly.

Olivia has been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons, so I will read and watch her play.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

HANNAH! I can't stop!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We've binge watched so many shows I can't even tell you. We missed a lot of the popular shows when they were on for some reason, but have pretty much caught up with most of them. Probably the most impactful series we "caught up on" was "Mad Men"! Then we binge watched "Breaking Bad" which some of our family couldn't believe we watched. LOL It was like a train wreck - it was so wrong on every level, but we couldn't stop watching it.

7. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

I'm watching Gilmore Girls and rewatching a bunch of other shows. i also binged Heart of Dixie and finished Criminal Minds again.

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Right now, I'm on season 3 of Schitt's Creek. I have binged sooooo many the last few months, it's hard to keep up haha. I recently finished Imposters on Netflix and it was pretty good and before that I really enjoyed Sweet Magnolias and Virgin River. I love The Office, and go back to it when I'm between shows. My other go-to's are Parks and Recreation and Criminal Minds. The reboot of Unsolved Mysteries is good, too!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

• Schitt's Creek
    • The Last Kingdom
    • Yellowstone
    • The Outsider
    • The Watchman

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

Good to know about Locke & Key. I've looked at it but wondered if it was a thriller or too dark/satanic. I can't do those kinds of shows or I can't sleep. Megan has been playing animal crossing new horizons too. I'm so glad I bought it for her when this whole covid stuff started. She's really enjoying it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  11. keepscrappin

Haven't heard of this one but I'll have to go check it out and see if it's something I'd like.

12. keepscrappin

I hear ya on some shows being like a train wreck and not being able to look away. I did that with The Morning Show on appletv+. It's awful to think that ladies have had to put up with crap like that in their jobs. I'm glad they're finally blowing the whistle.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

I loved Heart of Dixie. It is one I wished was still making new seasons.

cfile likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

I found virgin river a few months ago and wished the new season was out. It was one that I definitely binged watched. I also recently watched Sweet Magnolias and had forgotten to mention it, but it was good and I'll be waiting for the new season as well.

cfile and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

When SIP first started, I began bingeing Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I finished that and promptly told DH and DD they would like it. (I would watch at night after everyone else was in bed, so they couldn't watch it with me when I first binged it. I was selfish and kept it for myself LOL.)

I've recently started Grace and Frankie, which I find refreshing and real and funny. I just started season 4.

I can't handle dark/depressing tv right now. Heck, I can't even handle parodies or satire of current life. If life itself is a satire, how can I watch Space Force? As a family we still watch Great British Baking Show. That and GBBS are about as cutthroat and intense as I can handle right now. We have started watching Floor is Lava but we don't "binge" it because our youngsters still need some type of limit on screen time lol.

Does bingeing a podcast count? I've been re-listening to my faves while doing housework or scrapping. It's hard to watch TV with youngsters around but it's easy to put in my Beats and do housework while listening. Kids don't follow me into the laundry room lol so I have some peace. I listened to 3 eps of Bitch Sesh today.

For those of you who are watching Schitt's Creek: I binged it about a year ago. I couldn't wait for the series finale but then I couldn't watch it! Like, I just couldn't admit it was over. I finally watched last week. Anyway, all of you hurry up and binge it so we can talk about it! :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

My hubby has been watching Yellowstone and I think I'd like it too. I'll have to check out the others. Thanks for the suggestions.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  17. keepscrappin

I haven't heard of some of these so I'll have to check em out. I've never listened to any podcasts so I may have to check out some of those too. When you mentioned what you've been watching as a family that reminded me that in May we did a month of CBS All Access and we found Man with a Plan. It was hilarious and even my hubby loved that one. We were so sad when the series ended. Hubby and I also like to watch Guys Grocery Games, Worst Cooks in America and Deadliest Catch.

Tree City likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It was creepy. The house has keys that do things and only certain people can use them (the Locke family). At any rate, I wouldn't say satanic, but again, creepy.

Olivia is LOVING New Horizons. She's got a 5 rating for her island that's she quite proud of. LOL I love watching her terra form and do other modifications.

The Pocket Camp version is way different, but it's free, so I'm enjoying that little bit that I play it. I feel silly, being almost 50 years old and playing this little game. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I can't wait for the last season of Schitt's Creek. I'm going to be so sad when it's over.
    I just started Unsolved Mysteries.

Lately I've been listening to so many true crime podcasts.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I think I've been experiencing tinnitus lately. Mine is more of a swooshing sound. It comes and goes. I mostly notice if I do something like stand or move suddenly. I haven't contacted our doc regarding it because it isn't a constant sound. It's more of an annoyance.