Shutterfly Unlimited Pages Ends July 5!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by umyesh, Jul 4, 2020.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Hi scrappy friends! If you like thick photo books like me, Shutterfly is doing unlimited free extra standard photo book pages again! The last time they did this sale was in January 2020 as far as I know, so it's been awhile! Use code PAGES by Sunday, July 5.

I print 8x8 books with a little white border on each page so nothing important gets cut off. I also print books and cut out the pages so I can display individual pages around my house. The page maximum is 111; each book starts with 20 pages and you can add up to 91 more pages.

Shutterfly is also having a prints sale with code PRINTS. Persnickety Prints is having a prints sale too, and you can even buy print credits at the sale price.

Have a lovely weekend!

Karen and HeatherB like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I ordered the book I've been working on for the last 6 months. Had too many pages though! But there were some that I could take out and will put them in another book at another time.

I did do full page because I don't like the white borders and I ordered 10x10 but then I do all my layouts so that nothing is at the edge of the layout for printing purposes. Learned that a long time ago! It will be a gift for my cousin as it is my photos of her family from the time of her wedding in 1976 to 2019. Estimated shipping is about 2 weeks out.

Joan K, umyesh and HeatherB like this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

How do you do a white border around each page so it doesn't clip up important things?

4. umyesh

There is a layout option for one photo with a white border. I adjust that border with the advanced settings (top right corner in editing) so it's smaller. Then I apply that page layout to the entire book.

Dalis likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

brilliant!!!!!

umyesh likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY!

umyesh likes this.
  7. umyesh

Thanks for the update!

8. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I have used a similar technique @umyesh, but I did not know that it could be applied to the whole book. Could you share how you do that? I have either just used the template with a border as is (makes about a one-inch border) or adjusted each page - but that is a hassle! Applying the change to the whole book would be a game-changer for me!

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

I will gladly share. :) When you have your page how you want it, hover over the Page menu (top left), click on Apply to other pages..., select Layout from the window that pops up, then click the orange Apply button. I hope this saves you some time in the future! Tag me again if you have any other questions.

Karen and rach3975 like this.
  10. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Thank You @umyesh! This is definitely a time-saver. I had a book about 3/4 finished when I saw this. It seems like it is an all or nothing application, so I didn't use it this time (I didn't want it to change pages of smaller digi projects that I had made with 2 or more photos), but I definitely will in the future! I did use it to apply a uniform background to the pages. I usually apply a thin stroke frame to most of the layouts to set them apart from the background. I wish Shutterfly would have a drop shadow option for the times I add a wordart or other embellishment.

umyesh likes this.
  11. umyesh

You're welcome! Happy to help!

Joan K likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks Monica @umyesh
    I screen shot that info on adding the white border. I hated having to do it one at a time! but like @Joan K just couldn't figure it out to make it stick. I'll have to go look at that again and see if it's small enough for me. I need to keep my fonts 'looking large' so himself can read it.

I didn't get a book done for this sale but I DO have the first half of PL up and in shutterfly. I may do another addition for a book of all the scrap pages I've done this year outside of PL but more likely will do that via Persnickety Printsand give a lot away.

umyesh likes this.
  13. umyesh

You're welcome! I keep telling myself to get caught up on my PL but I'm just not motivated this year! I need to just sit and get it done one of these days...thanks for the reminder!

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I ordered my 2010 (or 2011?) chronological album, which was 2 volumes, and my 2017 Countdown to Christmas album with this sale.

They were shipped in 2 different packages last Monday. One is arriving today... and one is visiting all the states in the Midwest. So far, it's been shipped from NC to IL, then across IN (where I live) and OH to PA, and is now in MI. :eyeroll

umyesh likes this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

Mine was shipped from MN on the 10th. It is in OH and scheduled delivery is Friday. Not sure why it is going to take 2 days to get from Urbancrest (outside of Columbus) to my town... 1.5 hours away. Oh well.

umyesh likes this.
  16. umyesh

Isn't it crazy to watch shipments travel in the most random ways?!

17. umyesh

Mine has been less than an hour away for four days now! So weird.

18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Mine took 10 days to print! I ordered on the 4th and it just shipped yesterday. Shows that it will be here Saturday... I can't wait to see it! (it's my Disneyland 2018 book!!)

umyesh likes this.
  19. umyesh

Disney books are so fun to look through! I'm excited for you!

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I have been waiting for this sale...lol, I will be ready now

umyesh likes this.