exercise | pad patter 6.30.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

The current world situation and bad weather have made it hard to get outside to exercise and I really need to get back to some form of exercise to feel better and get in shape. Since I don't have a treadmill, I decided to do some walk at home exercises I found on the Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg

What kinds of exercise have you been doing lately?

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've continued my morning walks around the neighborhood. It's kind of suburb where it was rural just 25 years ago, so traffic is light but there are no sidewalks. I can walk as much as 4 miles depending on the route I choose. I've been doing this for 6 years now, so the neighborhood has gotten a little boring -- just a little, because it does change with the seasons/holidays/people coming and going -- but I listen to podcasts while I walk, which I like very much!

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been wanting to start doing yoga. Does anyone have a good starter You Tube video or online reference for that? Should I combine it with my morning walk routine, like before or after, or do it another time of the day?

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been walking the dog, well, until today. Last night my knee started hurting and when I would move in the middle of the night (I toss and turn in my sleep), it would wake me up. So I've been icing it and keeping it elevated today. I can walk a little but not fast and I'm not too steady. I did put one of my knee bands I would wear when going to the gym years ago on which does help to stabilize it. The dog is missing the walks that I do twice a day. That's when she goes potty!

As for the Walk at Home videos, I lost weight with those many years ago. I supplemented my gym workouts with those and regular walks. I have a bunch of her DVD's. I should really use those in the winter when I can't walk outside. She does get you moving in some of the more advanced ones!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We've mostly been walking, hiking, running, and playing badminton and stuff in the yard. I keep meaning to get in to an exercise routine and just can't find the motivation. Our gym did open and we finally went back last week, but there have been a couple of outbreaks and different Planet Fitness locations so now I'm a little wary about going back.

6. LynnG

LynnG Designer

We has always walked a bit and stepped it up during lockdown. I did yoga at home too, though it's definitely not the same.

Now classes have opened again (NZ has eliminated Covid) we are back at our fun dance classes a couple of times a week! :funfun

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Since my gym is still closed, I haven't been able to do my normal workouts, but my work out buddy and I are walking 3 times a week instead. It's not as good, but better than nothing. I have however been doing a TON of yard projects so I feel like I've burned my fair share of calories on that! :)

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The trainer I went to before shelter in place started doing virtual sessions, so I still meet with her via FaceTime three times a week. We have a cheap exercise bike which I hate and can't motivate myself to ride, but my husband is thinking about investing in a Peloton since he can't see returning to a gym or spin class any time soon. If he does, I'll give that a try.

Walking everywhere is just part of who I am, but I haven't been doing it much lately as it is so people-y out! It is so overwhelming trying to social distance on narrow city sidewalks so I don't go out as much as I would like.

I haven't made it out of the beginner videos, but I do love Yoga with Adriene on YouTube.

michelepixels and Karen like this.
  9. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

The trainer that I've been seeing for the past 2 years has been doing private one on one out of his garage (luckily not too cold this winter!) so I've kept fit that way. I have no self motivation so I would have been a big blob if he hadn't done this! Also cheaper than regular training sessions as the gym doesn't take a cut...

10. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I've only been walking but I won't walk if it is super hot out so lately I haven't even been walking :(

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Absolutely nothing.....to be fair my priorities have been elsewhere lately

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I know! I know!! back off buddy!! :angry

A friend of mine said he started the Yoga with Adriene also and he likes it a lot. He is about 35 years younger than I am but having a man willing is a big rec for me. If it's too much, I'll find a chair yoga again. I am so lazy...

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've been a runner for a long time so that's what I do. I also have the P90x videos and P90x3 videos that I'll do a couple of times a week. It's such a part of my routine that it feels weird if I don't do something.

14. mom2jackaia

mom2jackaia I wish more people were fluent in silence

I do the Morning Meltdown on Beachbody on Demand 3-5 times a week depending on what's going on. They are 20-30 minutes of pure sweat and make me feel like I've at least accomplished one thing.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Mostly walking and hiking - I need to expand in this area big time. And I need a routine!