Nikon D5600 vs D7500

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by HeatherB, Jun 26, 2020.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi, just wondering if anyone has personal experience with either of these 2 cameras, and if so, what do you love about it and what do you hate? I'm having trouble deciding between the two of them. The D5600 has a bigger photo resolution than the D7500, but the D7500 has much better video. But I don't really do much video, so that isn't tempting me as it otherwise might. Both these cameras support my existing lenses, so I'm not interested in branching to a different brand.

I currently have a Nikon D40X (yup, it's old).

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wish I could help, Heather. I have a Nikon D3300 and my old Canon Rebel which I hardly ever use. I got the iPhone 11 Pro when it first came out and I love the camera on it!

HeatherB likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I love, love, love my D7500!! I moved up to it from a D3200. If you read the reviews, there is really very little difference between the D7500 and the low-end professional series. The improvement in the sharpness and resolution of the photos is outstanding (D3200 to D7500). If you do macro work or want to crop your photos later, you will appreciate it. It also does higher ISO with better quality. Bottom line - the extra $$ is worth it.

p.s. You can still use your old Nikon lens, so just get the body and that will save you some $$.

HeatherB and bestcee like this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I just got the D7500 and have been very happy with it.

HeatherB and BevG like this.