Technique Slow Scrap | Thursday June 25 @11am EST/8am PST

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jun 25, 2020.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you Farrah.
    Here's mine
    [​IMG]

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I had to do something different - That dialog is not in my software and I don't have enough time to discuss the equivalent dialog in my software with the Affinity user group just yet. I did two copies of the stamp - set one to colour burn and the other to multiply, initially I set the transparency of them both at 50% then played with that until I got something I liked.

Nemla and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So glad you found a work around for your program Angela. Re @RJMJ Here is the link for the blend style Farrah showed in the technique. I made a style for PSE users (and PS users) as PSE doesn't have that capability to split the blend https://app.box.com/s/uh6r0mmgkx5pq0jgb2m4

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this great challenge! I learned something new today and I fell in love with it! I think I'll be using this technique for all my layouts from now on!

In this layout I used the blending option to blend a patterned paper, all the paint splatters, the watercolor illustrations, the word art in the title and the journaling and date to the wooden background paper.

[​IMG]

6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I love your technique, I always try to play with blending modes, love this! I used the "Underlying Layer" for the technique in all the black stamps/ink in my page - date stamp, stamped frame, 5 different black stamps and the wordart "remember this", it's a blended card and I used the techinique to make it look like a stamp.

[​IMG]

7. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I blended the hearts and the title and some of the sketched photo.
    [​IMG]

8. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I used a mix of distress styles, Christa's style and blend modes for the lettering on the two tags and the quote at the bottom of the page. Thanks for the chat.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.