June Monthly Muse - Week #2 - Strengthening...

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

[​IMG]

On Week One, we showcased our strengths in our Coat of Arms. It was beautiful to see the strength of you ladies! On Week Two, we are going to showcase how we also feed and build our strength thanks to others. Maybe this other soul is your significant other, your sibling, your best friend, your son/daughter, your priest/pastor/preacher, your parents, the memories of those that have moved on or even your pet. *** I was thinking this could also be a group of people that you meet with like: your worship group, or your yoga group, the gals you go for coffee with or maybe stronger drink than coffee. You can expand this to a group of people and think of them as an entity

In this week's page you have a few options:

1. You can create a page that showcases this other "person" Coat of Arms and yours together.
    2. You can just create this other person's Coat of Arms.
    3. You can create a page that showcases YOUR Coat of Arms and all these strengths and qualities that you don't have but that this other person supports you with.
    4. A page in this same idea. (I know some of you have amazing ideas!)
    Here is my page, this is my hubby's COA.

[​IMG]

I just created a template with a Coat of Arms for all of you to use if you decide, just in case this is stumping you.

[​IMG]
    NOTE: I wanted to put it here too. I am back to work this week, so I hope I don't miss anything, but if I am a little late in replying then you know what.

Remember to follow the rules for uploading into the Gallery. You can do any style. Upload to the our Art Journaling Gallery. Have fun!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. Dalis

I was thinking this could also be a group of people that you meet with like: your worship group, or your yoga group, the gals you go for coffee with or maybe stronger drink than coffee. You can expand this to a group of people and think of them as an entity.

3. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Great timing! This week is our third anniversary (as a couple; 53+ as friends). This has already inspired some discussion.

AJK and Dalis like this.
  4. Dalis

awww super sweet!

5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

6. Dalis

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

7. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine for the week. It is a counter to mine from last week. This is based on DH. The background is black & gray (gray being his favorite color, black is a close second). In the middle is his beloved guitar. It represents who he is, what he strove for in life. The right side (with red accents) depicts him on an occupational level. He was a professional musician for many years. He taught guitar, he sang, he repaired instruments. He collects vinyl LPs & loves listening to them, he has many, many guitars he calls his own. On the left (blue, green & brown accents) we see his personal relationships, his love of home & family, his devotion to his 93 year old mother. He enjoys working outdoors on the property, watching our birds. He is good at art & language. He's a political junkie (majored in political science) and loves history.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Dalis and AJK like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I always have enjoyed your work, Marilyn!

mcurtt likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for another muse @Dalis
    here's mine and my husband's coat of arms together
    [​IMG]

A-M, Dalis and AJK like this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I'm doing two pages. This is the first with our Alma Mater in Dallas. :) Our time spent here solidified our family. We were students with 17 other nations represented- it was amazing. We lived there on campus in married housing complexes. The profs were terrific- not dry or legalistic- but taught us balance, perspectives, and equipped us to fulfill our calling. Our kids got the benefit of this inter-cultutural experience and we are glad for that. We were later on staff and the rich experience deepened.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My daughter is my strengthening and her favorite animals reflect her strengths.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My second page- My parents and husband. All three are faith builders and have their own creative ways.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Finally getting caught up - here's week #2 - my family is definitely my strength and my shield!

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  15. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Can I still work on these or is the deadline past? I forgot to check this thread...:crazy3.....yes that emoji is me at times.....

AJK likes this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Sure you can! There is one each week, and you can do them as you wish. If you want to be part of the drawing for Art Journaling I'm pretty sure you have to have them done before end of month. Right @Dalis ?

Dalis and mywisecrafts like this.
  17. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thank you!!!! I'll get busy on them.....

Dalis and AJK like this.
  18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    So I totally forgot to upload this one, made to match my coat of arms but for the hubby.

mywisecrafts likes this.
  19. Dalis

I let the challenge be open for a few days after the month ends because sometimes our challenges end up being really late in the month. You got this! For every page you submit during the month for the challenges you get more chances to win our little prize!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  20. Dalis

@mywisecrafts
    Esther, sorry for the delay. I didn't get my notification when you gals posted!