June Monthly Muse - Week #4 - Battling the Giant

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

[​IMG]
    Our final week of June, I was thinking of doing a 3 week challenge for June, so consider this one a freebie or extra one! Pick one of the GIANTS (the things that make you stop believing in yourself or things you need to work on) and let's battle it out. Use your Coat Of Arms in your page as either inspiration or make it part of your page and battle your GIANT. You can do this, you have been learning through the month how strong you are as a whole and how much stronger you are with your support person/group! Don't let those weaknesses we are working on control your life!

I just created a template with a Coat of Arms for all of you to use if you decide, just in case this is stumping you.

[​IMG]
    Remember to follow the rules for uploading into the Gallery. You can do any style. Upload to the our Art Journaling Gallery. Have fun!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hmmmmm... thinking!

Dalis likes this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

4. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I seem to be in a "scene" style muse this past week, so here it is:
    [​IMG]

mywisecrafts, mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Thanks for this month's AJ
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Well, @Dalis, when you introduced the Coat of Arms this month, I thought I'd just sit it out, nope, not gonna' play. But then I thought about it, came up with a concept for week 1, then managed to drag myself to the finish line, all the way to week 4. I'm so glad I did. I am in LOVE with my series. And that is what I tried to make it, keeping consistency in my pages from week to week. The background paper, the shield and it's placement are identical. The banner is the same, but moved around a bit, colored differently, decorated it where my MUSE took me. I maintained some type of flourish at the top of the shield, my background always had an overlay or brushwork. Just looking at it all makes me smile, for surviving if nothing else! And I want to thank @AJK aka Amanda, for providing us with the cars for the member AJ challenge back in March. I used one of them for this layout. :-)

[​IMG]

mywisecrafts, AJK and Dalis like this.
  8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Love the challenges you have been running this month @Dalis but I've been have ZERO time to take part this month :(
    I am aiming for July now! <3

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

I know the feeling, thanks for letting me know! You know how sometimes doubt creeps at you and makes your doubt your work. I still haven't finished my last one. YIKES!

cinna likes this.
  10. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

11. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

So this final week was probably the best week for me on this self discovery journey. Thanks @Dalis for this Muse challenge and for putting me up to it at the beginning of the month. I've also discovered that art journaling is going to be a thing that I do to get my inner thoughts out there. I'm loving this even when I don't like the inner thoughts that my surface because of it.

Here's my final battle ....kept with the water theme because that's where Sea Turtle shield does his job the best!
    More thoughts in the gallery post.

COA_battling_week4-min.jpg

Angela Toucan and Dalis like this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Art Journaling is great for so many things. Self discovery - working out those hidden emotions, working through emotions, dealing with a stressful day, or just playing and relaxing discovering new supplies or new ways of using old supplies ...

13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@Dalis ...Hello! Dearest!...I Hope Things Are Going Well For You!....Thanks! For Stopping By My Gallery & Leaving Some LOVE!!!...I Just Wanted To Let You Know That I'm Sorry I Didn't Get To Your Challenges This Month...This Is The First Month In All The Time I Have Been Doing These Challenges That I Didn't Do Them...June Has Been An Incredibly Difficult Month For Me...My Health Hasn't Been Good At All! & I Spent More Time Away from The Computer Out Of Necessity For Health Reasons!...I've Been Really Sick!...No Need For Details...Just Know That I'm Sorry I Didn't Get To Them!...Hearts & Love For You!...:ballonhang...:bk...:heartslub:heartslub...

Dalis likes this.
  14. Dalis

Oh no! I hope you are doing better! Take care of yourself that's the most important thing.

15. Angela Toucan

I was finding this prompt a bit too overwhelming, but having taken a step sideways and having dealt with another major sensory overload I created this. Being autistic, sensory overload is one of my big giants as is getting overwhelemed. So I've pilled on the collage backgrounds and paints and clusters etc.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. Dalis

Angela, next time remember this is just a jump start! Make these challenges your own (here in the Art Journaling area) we are a bit more flexible about challenges and think of them as INSPIRATION points!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  17. Dalis

Angela Toucan likes this.
  18. Angela Toucan