Feels like | Pad Patter 19 June

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 19, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh yep, this is the stuff that ages a parent! Good luck to Cody (& I hope teaching him hasn't been too painful with covid, I'd think there'd be less cars to worry about on the road during a lockdown, although there was some parent & kid as an example in the news at the start of the whole stay home thing here b/cos they were fined, I think it was the normal fine of about $AUD 1,000. ; learning to drive wasn't deemed a good enough reason to not be at home & it was discussed b/cos of how arbitrary the enforcement of fines etc was).
    And I hope Wyatt gets to start high school in person, rather than virtually!

Karen likes this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My oldest graduated high school this year. She's been dual enrolling for a couple of years but officially starts at WCU in the fall. Then my second has been driving me all over and will be getting her license in 6 months. Both of them have jobs...it feels so weird to have them gone so much.

My middle is turning 13 on Friday.
    Then my 4 younger kids aren't babies anymore. I can barely hold my 6 year old. Is it wrong of me to want another toddler? Maybe I'll just wait for grandkids...I mean that could just be a few years away.

Also, I turn 40 next month!

Karen likes this.
  3. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I just had a birthday, and it was not nice. I have a senior and junior in high school. The Covid20(lbs.) that I now have is making it harder to move, I ache in a shoulder, an elbow, and now a pinky toe is killing me. I'm gray, I'm wrinkled, and I'm crabby about life right now. It wasn't bad when I was just old, but now I feel old.

Sorry to be so grouchy, but OMG that felt good to say!