June Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2020 Challenges' started by ashleywb, May 30, 2020.

1. krutch1000

krutch1000 Well-Known Member

2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the inspiration.
    [​IMG]

3. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

4. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

5. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I saw a giraffe print pillow and was struck by how much it reminded me of a mosaic pattern, so I did a page about giraffes.
    [​IMG]

6. Sharon-shutterbug

Sharon-shutterbug Active Member

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i loved scrolling thru this thread as inspiration, i used the same template as a few peep's; i'm so thankful for template designers! And the mosaic idea led me to think of these photos (and it just happens that the towel is kind of a mosaic print too)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  9. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Thank you for the challenge - here is mine:

[​IMG]

10. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I'm So Glad I'm Finally Here To Post My Finished Layout For This Challenge!...I Have Been Struggling This Month To Complete All The Layouts That I Want To Complete For June!...Between Sickness/Fatigue/A Covid-19 Test Scare/Health Concerns Right Now That Are Distracting Me & Taking My Focus Away From My Scrapping...Usually Despite My Health Challenges I Am Able To Clear My Mind Even If It Is Temporarily...To Complete My Layouts...But This Was A Bit Of A Challenge!...I Had No Idea What Or How To Create This Challenge Layout...But Eventually The Idea Came To Me...Thanks! To Nicole's "Brave New World" Template & Collection That I Just Purchased During Her Birthday Sale Recently...The Template & The Collection...Are What Jump Started My Layout & Ultimately Helped Me Complete My Layout...Despite Many Setbacks...It Took Me Almost 2 Days To Complete This Layout Off & On!...It Is One Of Those Layouts That Is Filled With So Much Personal Meaning For Me Personally...Everything I'm Going Through Right Now Plus Everything That Is Related To The Visuals Portrayed In The Layout...Plus It Is Also A Commentary About The State Of The World Right Now...I Will Explain Below...Stop Here If You Don't Want To Continue Reading This Rather Long Story...Thanks! In Advance To Everyone Who Stops By & Checks Out My Post...Whether They Read It Or Not!...I Really Do Appreciate The Kindness & Support!...

As Most Of You Know...[By Now...]...My Layouts Are Always Filled With So Many Different Meanings...Hidden/Subtle/Obvious/Thought Provoking/Perhaps Dark & Mysterious A Bit And/Or Symbolizing The Struggle Mostly Between Dark & Light...It Creeps Into Many Of My Most Thought Provoking Layouts...This One Is In That Category...You Can See The Dark & The Light Here...Let's Start Off With The Origin Of The Mosaic Photo Tiles That Are The BG Feature Of The Layout...These Beautiful Blue Mosaic Tiles Are Pool Tiles...Photos Taken At A Local Pool...The Photos Came Out A Bit Grainy/Grungy-Looking & I Rather Liked That...It Gave Me The Rest Of The Foundation For The Layout...I Could Have Cleaned Them Up...But I Didn't Want To...In Fact...I Added More Effects To Make Them Appear More Worn-In & More Grungy-Looking...As To Represent Experience In Life/Struggle/Grit/Angst Etc...They Turned Out To Be The Perfect Back-Drop For The Layout...And The Mix Of Al Those Different Blues & Navys...Really Turned Out Great As I Combined Them With The Photo That I Chose To Be My Model Focus For This Layout...You Can See That She Isn't Very Happy..She Is Struggling Too In Her Thoughts...She Is Going Through A Tough Time...For Reasons Unknown...Whether Real Or Imagined...Fit Perfectly Into My Layout...I Liked The Way Her Face Was Shaped...Not Perfect..But Seemingly Representing A Face Full Of Life Experience...Full Of Thought...With The Photos Turned To Grey/Black & White To Further Represent Struggle & A Mysterious Air About Her...As You Perhaps Wonder What She Is Thinking About...& Why She Looks So Sad/Mad/Unhappy...I Love Her Strong Jawline Too!...This Represents Strength/Toughness/Fortitude To Me...You Can Also See The Tears In One Photo On Her Face...The Rain Falling Down As She Looks Out The Window...& You Can See The Cracks & The Tares Obviously There...The Striking Grey Depicts These Feelings So Well...3 Different Photo Sides Of Her...3 Different Parts Of Her Personally...3 Different Forms Of How She Wants The World To See Her...3 Different Looks Depicting 3 Different Personality Traits...These Are Just A Few Examples Of Some Depictions I Thought Of...Moving On To The Mosaic Tiles Again...Since They Are Pool Tiles...The Obvious Inflection Of The Color Blue & Green...Seem Like Obvious Colors To Include Here To Me...Blue & Green Representing The Pool Water/The Ocean/The Sea...For You It Could Be Nature Vs.Nurture...It Is Open To Interpretation...Again For Me This Goes Back To The Struggle To Go Outside/The Struggle To Get Outside/The Struggle To Get Back To Life/Whether Related To Covid-19 Or Not..Yes! But It Also Reps.The Struggle Of My Health Issues That Are Preventing Me From Living The Life I Want To Lead...This Is My Daily Struggle Pre-Covid Or Post-Covid...The Struggle Is So Very Real...So Very Real...So There's That...Plus The Current Health Concerns That Are Dogging Me Right Now...[No Long Explanation Of That-Just Know I Am Struggling...]...I Will Leave It There...I Have Probably Said Too Much...I'll Let My Layout Do The Talking For Me In That Regard...Everyone Has Struggles...I Don't Want My Current Situation To Be All Of How You See Me Or How You See This Layout...I Hope Anyone Who Stops By To See This Layout...Will Find Their Own Personal Meaning In It...This Is Just My Own Reflections About How & Why I Created It As It Is...

There Are So Many More Interpretations Here For Me...The Colors Are Many...Which Represents How I See Myself...A Person Full Of Life...Who Loves Color & Sees This As A Positive Outlet For My Creativity...It Enables Me To Get Those Feelings Out In Front Of Me...As To Expel Them From My Mind & Attempt To Move On From Them...I Also Love Nature! & Flowers! In Particular!...I Love All Flowers! So Many Kinds Are Represented Here...As Life/Growing/Learning/Positivity...New Life Experiences/New Brighter Futures Etc...And The Butterflies Are Just Like This Too!...Representing New Horizons/New Life/New Promise/New Birth/New Hope...A Chance To Fly-Off & Away...To Pursue Your Dreams...& Not To Give Up On Hope...Each Day Is Another Chance...& I'm Grateful To See Each New Day Despite My Own Struggles...You Can Also See The Paint Dripping Down On One Of The Faces...Also Lots Of Different Meanings Here...Paint Representing Me As An Artist...You Too!...We Are All Artists! Here!...Artists Of Our Own Making & Of Our Own Creativity & Experiences...The Use Of Color To Create Layouts!...To Create Images!...To Create Our Own Personalities!...The Way We Want The World To See Us...Or Not Depending On The Circumstances...The Larger Colored Circles Are Planets...You See The Large Purple One Down On The Lower Photo...Underneath "Breathe"...That Is The Earth...The Other Planets Are Circling Around...The Earth...Reps...Our Presence On This Earth But Being Only Part Of The Larger Universe & Part Of The World & Part Of An Infinite Universe...Full Of Diverse People & Cultures...We Are All Connected...We All Need To Be Accepted As/Who We Are...& Exist As One Happy Accepted Society Despite Our Differences...Whether That Be Race Or Religion...Who We Love...IE:The Current Struggles In The News Right Now!...Covid-19 Epidemic...Deaths...Mass Shootings/Stabbings/Brutality...Senseless Killings...Race Related Struggles For Equality...Aboriginal Rights Here In Canada...Gay Pride...So Many Struggles For Equality!...Women's Rights...Veterans Rights...Disability Rights...Mental Health & Wellness...I Could Go On...But You Get The Picture...You Can Also See The Moon Half Full! & Purple Too!...My Planets Are Filled With Color & Hope For Now & For The Future!...But Where's The Sun???...It Is There...Peeking Out From Behind The Butterfly...Well...Abstract-ly Speaking...All That Yellow Paint...That Represents The "Sun" Trying To Come Out!...The Bright Pink Dandelions...Some See Weeds...I See Wishes...Wishes For Hope Now & For The Future...The Bright "Mosaic" Flowers That I Created Using NBK's Styles From"Brave New World"...They Are The Complete Opposite To The Rather Dark & Dreary BG Mosaic Tiles...They Are Bright! Full Of Hope! Full Of Possibility!...Full Of Excitement For The Future!...The Large Heart That Says "ONE"...Represents Us As Individuals In All Our Strengths! But Also Reps...Us As "ONE" World/Nation/People...Working Together To Beat As One Heart...In Equality/Hope & Strength!...If You Look A Bit Closer...You Can See A Few Little Pink Hearts There!...That's Our Little Ones...[Children/Grand-Children/Daughters/Sons...]...In The World...Who Are The Future!...May They Be Strong! Wise! & Resilient!...And Ever Challenged But Eager To Learn & Share That Wealth Of Knowledge With This "Brave New World"...That Is Coming Faster Than We Can Imagine...May We All Be Safe Now & Always/Take Care Of Each Other & Share A Bit Of Who We Are With The World...With The Hope That It Will Be A Better Place For The Future Generations!...I Have Certainly Had A Lot On My Mind Here...Hopefully I Didn't Forget To Say Something That I Thought Was Important...But I Have Certainly Said More Than Enough...[Probably Too Much...Definitely Too Much!!!...]...To Give Thought To Pause & Reflect I Hope...Ultimately It Brings Us To My WA..."Life Is Tough"...But So Are You...We Will All Make It Through With Some Perseverance Struggle! & Strength!...Just "Breathe"...:bk...:heartslub...

*A Special Heartfelt Thanks! To Everyone Who Stopped By To Read My "Book" Of Thoughts Here...Or Not...Even If You Stopped By To Take A Closer Look At My Layout...A Thousand "Thanks!!!" For The Support!...It Means So Much!!!...

*For My Times Are Tough Layout-I Used:

*Brave New Word-Complete Collection-NBK Design
    *Brave New World-Template-Week 20-NBK Design
    *Art Crush No.17-NBK Design
    *Focus-NBK Design
    *Delightful-PT-Color-Overlay-NBK Design
    *Rain Is Gone-Bundle-Kim Jensen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]
    Paper Pieces and Photo in pieces.... reminds me of monisac

13. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for a wonderful challenge!

Garden-Days-web.jpg

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

16. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm loving all of the creative takes on the challenge as well!! Amazing talent here at TLP!! :beat

18. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

19. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Here's mine, thanks for the fun challenge!!

[​IMG]

20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?