Summer Fast Five |Pad Patter 6.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 10, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The calendar has changed, most kids are out of school or nearly there in my hemisphere. I know some things may have changed for you, but let's talk about the blissful summer that is your favorite.
    And for those in the other hemisphere, how about the summer you wanted or the winter you have coming up?

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas?

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach?

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?)

4. Melons or berries?

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? Nope, nothing. We are still at level 3, not even allowed to visit friends in homes. Have no idea when travel bans will be lifted.

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? I like to see th emountains and the sea, from inside a restaurant or cabin. Don't love getting all hot and sweaty doing the actual hiking thing.

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) Gelato for me, even in winter.

4. Melons or berries? Berries, they're lower in carbs. And since lockdown my ability to control what is availabe to eat is making it do-able.

Nope, waiting for DS 2 to come home from Bulgaria, his flight was booked for August - has since been cancelled. Would love to visit UK though and meet DS1's new girlfriend.

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

A trip to the beach or two at some point. I'm just finishing up a few school things this week and then I can start planning things out.
    2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach?
    Relaxing on the beach for sure! I live in the mountains and it's pretty much hiking to walk around my neighborhood :giggle
    Popsicles! Thanks for the reminder. I need to buy some!
    4. Melons or berries?
    I adore berries! I love blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. I have wild black raspberries surrounding my yard and I am really looking forward to them! I do love cantaloupe, but I don't like watermelon at all.
    Well, I would prefer plane trips, but we tend to do more road trips.
    :driving

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? No.

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? Neither, give me a pool over the beach... can't stand sand all over my body.

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) Neither. If I eat anything frozen, it is sherbet in a bowl.

4. Melons or berries? Cantaloupe or strawberries only.

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? Road Trips. Love being able to stop and explore if I see something interesting.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My 8th grader and I were supposed to go to Washington DC in May for his class trip, but that was canceled, so I don't have any other trips planned right now.

Beach for me please.... but also, I love to go camping and hiking, so really either is fun!

Ice cream please!

4. Melons or berries?
    Yes please! I love fresh fruit of all kinds!

Plane trips! You get to go further faster and have more vacation time!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Our big trip to NZ, Aus, and Hawaii in July has been postponed for 2 years. sigh. BUT we are going to the mountains to camp this weekend. We have a couple of friends going too. If it goes well, I suspect we will go again soon. Otherwise, nothing planned.

This is a hard one - probably mountains since it is cooler and DH does not like the beach much.

How about Asian snow drinks (very fine crushed ice with cream & flavor)? I like green apple snow with strawberry popping boba. Of course, homemade ice cream is sooo good. Outshine fruit popsicles are yummy. And DD just bought an electric ice shaver because the kids she is babysitting love snow cones (they put juice on them instead of the flavored sugar water). Her arm got tired from the manual crank one.

4. Melons or berries?
    I love watermelon but hate (really hate) all other kinds of melon. I love most any kind of berry.

Road trips because we are "cheap" and don't mind driving.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? Nope. We haven't had a family vacation since traveled cross-country to see my parents and brother in January 2018. No money for it. No other plans for this summer yet either. Life feels on hold because of the pandemic. The biggest thing planned for this summer for one of my kids was attending an LGBTQ camp; of all the canceled things, this was the one that most disappointed me. It would have been such a growth opportunity and so supportive and a chance to make friends.

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? If I could only choose one, I'd hate that. I was going to try to end that sentence differently, with a choice, but I enjoy both activities a lot. I wouldn't want to lie around all the time, as much as I love the sand and looking at the ocean, but I also wouldn't want to only be hiking all the time and worrying about ticks, though I love walks in the woods and looking at trees. :)

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) This is easy. I get Outshine brand fruit popsicles -- because they're just real fruit and sugar -- and my favorite would be a tie between lime and pineapple. I only get them in the summer (just bought my first box yesterday) but my son loves strawberry ones year round.

4. Melons or berries? Definitely berries. I buy less than one melon per year. I happily eat melons in fruit salads/trays in buffets and parties, but I don't buy them much because no one else in my family likes them.

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? My husband and I were just talking during our walk this morning about how we'd enjoy taking trains across the country, renting cars here and there to explore more sights. We haven't done any road trips really, though. All our travel is usually by plane because it's pretty much all been 3000 miles back across the country to see my family.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? We're going to Oklahoma for the long 4th of July weekend

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? I'm more of a relaxing on the beach type, but I'd like to try hiking the mountains.

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) Popsicles

4. Melons or berries? Both

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? Road trips, but I don't always have a choice if time is short.

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Nothing is planned; however, if my state and my parents' state fully reopen and my parents promise to self-quarantine for two weeks leading up to our visit, we'd love to visit my family in the Midwest. (They haven't been taking SIP seriously, so a trip to visit is unlikely.)

The beach.

Ice cream. But if I have to choose from your two options, Popsicle.

4. Melons or berries?
    Berries, hands down. I hate all melon except watermelon lol.

Plane, mostly because I want to travel far enough away that getting there precludes driving simply because DH doesn't have that much vacation time (and you can't exactly do a road trip across the ocean, so yeah ... give me a plane!).

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Our FL trip got postponed from May to August. We just stay at a house on the beach and visit family.

Since we live in the mountains and go hiking all the time I would go with the beach. I love both though.

Frozen treat? Definitely ice cream but snowcones are good too!

4. Melons or berries?
    I would probably pick berries. The only melon I like is watermelon...although I've been eating a lot of it lately.

Hmmm. I like both. I like the freedom of road trips and seeing the countryside but it's also fun to fly and get to far away places quickly.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Nothing planned at all right now. Even though our COVID numbers are low and have remained so thus far, and we are at stage 2 of reopening, I'm still very hesitant to get out and about. We did talk about riding around this weekend and taking photos of these statue pelicans that are like 6 feet tall. At one point in the early 2000s, there were 70 of them around town, but I think there are less than 20 now? Anyway, we thought it might be fun to get a slushee or fruit drink and then ride around taking photos.

I would love to be in the mountains where it is cool. I don't want to hike though. As far as the beach, that's here in our back yard and we usually take advantage of that.

Both. Love frozen fruit bars and sherbet and and and . . .

4. Melons or berries?
    Both

I really get freaked out traveling by plane. I'll do it, but I usually always get sick and I hate being in such close quarters. Give me a road trip and the chance to get out and stretch my legs. Even if it does quadruple travel time, that's how much I hate to fly. LOL

12. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? None at all :(

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? How about relaxing in the mountains! :giggle

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) Snocones but will eat all the above! haha!!!

4. Melons or berries? Both! I love fruit. I love making homemade agua fescas in the summer with a good cantaloupe or honeydew though!

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? Road Trips!

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? NADA the only trip I had planned was to a state that ended its SIP program too soon imho...

relaxing at the beach in the fall. I hate hot humid weather and I don't want to hear about 'it's not so bad as there's an ocean breeze!'

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) gelato or Bryers Chocolate Truffle ice cream ANY time

4. Melons or berries? both - melons for salads and berries any which way

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? yes. I miss the long plane rides we took to so many US places and then rented cars. I also miss a road trip all on my own! I think all women need this!!! What I do miss and doubt I will ever do again is cross the Atlantic on the Cunard line. As cheap as a flight and a wonderful week. However dh got the virus du jour on one last trip and that was no fun...:(

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We WERE going to do a giant road trip down to the Grand Canyon & a loop through Utah. Thankfully I was about to start booking hotels when this pandemic came to a head, so I didn't. We are thinking of going SOMEWHERE still but probably closer to home. My hubby REALLY wants the Canadian border to open, so we can go up to his favorite hockey store in Cranbrook- maybe make a mini vacation out of that. I'm thinking maybe going back to Glacier NP- it's less than 5 hours from us. Who knows.

both! One day hiking, one day relaxing, repeat! ;) we live in the mountains, so sometimes it's nice to escape to the beach (although WA beaches are not warm & white sand...)

Neither- unless it's the real fruit popsicles, I love those! Frozen treat would be the Tillamook Toasted Coconut Gelato. SO yum!

4. Melons or berries?
    Berries. Preferably Huckleberries or raspberries

both! lol. I'm terrible today. We love road trips in our electric vehicles since it's fun to find new chargers & explore. Plane trips are fun too, but less often!

15. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

YES! I get to go help my daughter move from Vegas to Tucson. Her husband is already down there with his new job so she has to do most of the packing herself (and she is sick due to being pregnant....grandbaby #5 on the way). My twin sister lives in Vegas so this might be the last time to see her on a regular basis (since I visit my daughter regularly, I will probably be travelling to Tucson more now).

Since I live near the mountains, probably the beach.....I hear Hawaii has little mountains (volcanos) and beaches...I think I will go there. :) We did however really enjoy a good camping trip when our kids were small.

3. Popsicles or sno cones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?)
    Wyler's Italian Ice Pops...sort of like Otter Pops but much better (a summer tradition). We have recently found you can mix them with Chick-fil-a soft serve ice cream, double yum!!! I also like Mint Moose Tracks ice cream.

4. Melons or berries?
    Melons, I don't have a good sense of taste so I rely on texture....I don't like the seeds in berries, but the flavors are okay.

Usually plane trips to see my daughters, one in Vegas the other in the Salt Lake City area. If we do a road trip, my husband has to drive, I get too sleepy. I might have to road trip it to Albuquerque in October if they have the balloon festival this year, kind of a mid-point between Denver, Salt Lake and Tucson (for a family reunion).

16. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Its Winter here in Tropical Queensland which means the weather is gorgeous! Cold/Cool evenings .... warm sunny days!

1. Do you have any trips planned? Our state borders are still closed at the moment but I have two trips planned in (within the state)! In late July my bestie Jane and I (and our spouses) are heading up to the Bunya Mountains for a long weekend of log fires, hiking and wine! Then the following weekend we are going on a crafty weekend at Palm Beach with our other two crafty friends for a long weekend of crotchet, beach walks and wine! CAN.NOT.WAIT!

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? Summers have to be spent at the beach! There is nothing more wonderful! Except winters at the beach :giggle

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) Ummmm Popsicle? or a Gaytime! Yum

4. Melons or berries? Melons ... watermelon daiquiris!!

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? Road trips for the win (during Covid times) but Plane trips for when the world opens up and I can get over to the UK finally!

17. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Melons or berries?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Do you have any trips planned? Mini-vacations, day trips, stay-cation ideas? I just want a week to chill by my pool and relax. I'm gonna stay-cation for sure this year!

2. If you could, would you spend the summer hiking the mountains, or relaxing on the beach? Considering I gained 19 Covid-19 pounds these last few months, I think I need to opt for the Hiking the Mountains summer. The beach sounds tempting too though!

3. Popsicles or snocones? (Or, I guess other frozen ice treat?) I love coconut fruit bars. Yum.

4. Melons or berries? Both, all, any summer fruit! Yum again!

5. Road Trips or Plane Trips? This year ... a little road trip. Parents are moving to Delaware. Brothers live on/near Cheaspeake Bay and have a few boats. So we'll be doing a little road trip down there to visit and go boating some time this summer.