procrastination | pad patter 6.9.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 9, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm procrastinating what to make for dinner tonight, cleaning out the craft room, working out at home and starting my daughter's mission scrapbook to name a few. How about you... what are you procrastinating?

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Right now... sleeping!
    (2.36 am)

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

Dang! That's late... or early... haha! Are you doing something fun? I've been staying up late binge watching shows.

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

1. laundry
    2. vacuuming upstairs (I did do the first floor, so that's something lol!)
    3. going through DS's room and getting rid of unused toys
    4. going through the play room and getting rid of unused toys
    5. hanging frames/canvases on the morning room and office walls. Everything is in frames, but I just can't commit to their location. Usually I'm very decisive, so this is unusual for me.
    6. putting vacay photos in an album. In my defense, I did sit down to do this and got called away by the kids...since I do it on the dining table, it's hard to find time--with everyone home--where someone doesn't need the table/it isn't being used for eating. I write the date/location/people on EVERY photo, so it is slow going.

But while procrastinating from those things I have been finishing the laptop backup I started a couple days ago (@Angela Toucan don't judge lol!), so at least I've been productive while also procrastinating. :giggle It's been hard to use my laptop because DS needs it for schoolwork. But when he's working on schoolwork is when I'm free to back it up. It's a catch-22. And speaking of...my break is over. DH is putting DS to bed and DD is off in her room. Back to backing up I go!

Angela Toucan and keepscrappin like this.
  5. keepscrappin

I could add some of these to my list too. Especially the laundry, vacuuming and backing up my laptop. I'm still trying to move stuff from my old laptop to my new one... I've been procrastinating that one since Christmas. I did copy some files to the EHD, and it took all day last week but I still need to move more and make sure I got everything. Plus I want to back it all up in a couple of places for redundancy. We went to Bryce Canyon in May and I still haven't copied the photos off the DSLR and phones, so there's another thing I'm procrastinating. Outta sight, outta mind... right!

Tree City likes this.
  6. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and cooking dinner!

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. keepscrappin

I ended up not cooking dinner. Hubby finished the leftover chicken and the rest of us had a bowl of cereal. :giggle. Then we spent the evening binge watching Deadliest Catch.

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

cleaning, applying for jobs, applying for college. Admittedly my day isn’t normal at all today so not surprised that I’ve procrastinated all day, now if the list is the same tomorrow then there’s a big problem.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I procrastinated getting out of bed today.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm always procrastinating some project or another. Lol. We've been procrastinating this awful side yard project for a couple of years, but we actually started the hard manual labor part last weekend, so at least we've started.

I've found that it helps me drastically if I just make a to-do list. Once I write things down, I quit putting them off so much. Probably because I love crossing things off a list so much. :giggle

keepscrappin and BevG like this.
  11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@Karen -- But when your To Do List from 4 years ago still has the same undone items.... Although in all fairness, last summer, I did tackle and make over 2 rooms into art/craft rooms. DD wants to clean out the garage - go for it sweetie.

In general, cleaning especially bathrooms and windows. Right now I am also procrastinating mopping the kitchen floor, which is "good" because DD baked and threw flour around last night and the dog threw up on it this morning. Should be good and dirty now.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Making client file folders ... my least favorite office job ... type a file label, apply label to manila folder, type a Pendeflex tab label, put label in plastic tab, insert tab into Pendeflex folder, enter file label info (name, type of file, size of file and date) into Access, make an index card, then file the folder in our overstuffed file cabinets ... YUCK!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm not procrastinating anything that needs to be done today.
    However, I've been wanting to clean out my desk drawers for at least a year. I also need to weed out my paper files. I used to love organizational projects. When I was a kid I reorganized my room nearly every weekend. Since I've had kids I've lost a lot of that joy of organizing. I'm fine with it. Someday I'll get around to these tasks.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've been procrastinating cleaning out my pantry and planning our homeschool group for next year (all of our homeschool stuff for our group was literally thrown into my pantry at the end of our disrupted school year). I'm the director and I haven't been motivated to start planning for next year (although I usually have at least half of the planning done already by this time).

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I always procrastinate dusting.

I really need to go through some paperwork that I've been shoving in a file box and get that purged, but it's another one of those things that gets pushed back.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm on here procrastinating cooking dinner lol

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I am putting off paperwork as well. It's not going anywhere! lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

I procrastinated getting out of bed today too. I just couldn't make myself do it. I laid there surfed the internet and read my emails until after 11 am. :backing

19. keepscrappin

I worked on the front yard back in May and it's looking really good, but I've been procrastinating weeding the back flower beds. I go out there and just sit on the deck and never make it over to the corner to pull the weeds. Thankfully it's not totally overrun with weeds but there are several coming in under the fence from the neighbors yard that are driving me crazy but not crazy enough to go pull them. :giggle

Karen likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

I started cleaning out the craft room last week after I started this thread but it's still not finished. After 2 days of dejunking, I stopped when I hit the fabric bins and haven't gone downstairs since. Outta sight, outta mind right!

Karen likes this.