June Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2020 Challenges' started by bcnatty, May 31, 2020.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

here's my page, thank you for the inspiration
    [​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

AJK and bcnatty like this.
  3. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

So hard to choose, but I think Paris hit me the hardest.
    [​IMG]

Ferdy, bcnatty and MrsPeel like this.
  4. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOOOOOOOVE this challemge Natts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    one page (may make another ...so many things we miss!!!)
    [​IMG]

6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

mine, translation is in the gallery:
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  7. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I have yet to see my first and only grandson because of Covid-19. Darn pandemic.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty, AJK and wvsandy like this.
  8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

The pandemic was non-eventful for us. When one's family is removed from their life, it changes everything. Some have experienced this short term and sadly, some have lost loved ones. We have lost 5 precious people, yet they are alive. It is like grieving daily with no end in sight. Hubs and I are trying to walk by faith and not by what we see, cos right now, we don't see any of the love, joy, fun, jamming road trips, cookouts, overnight sleep overs, cooking, painting, playing together, worshipping together that have been such an integral part of our lives, and our family. May the Lord bring the healing and change. For all of us.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    bcnatty likes this.
  10. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Whoops, realized I hadn't journaled enough words and had to revamp the layout!

thanks for giving me the oomph to express this feeling!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    bcnatty likes this.
  11. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

12. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

This was great, I got to pull out some awesome photos that made me remember some fun times.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  13. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Word Count - 197

bcnatty likes this.
  14. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Here's my page :

[​IMG]
    Word count : 201

bcnatty likes this.
  15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Here is my LO, thanks for this fun inspiration!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty and cookingmylife like this.
  16. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

certainly over 100 words - 893 per word count. I couldn't do just one - because then I'd have to do an entire page on each cancellation. LOL. So I just squeezed them all into one page.
    [​IMG]

Journaling is hard to read, so if you're interested:
    To try to outline the things our family has missed out on because of this Covid-19 Pandemic takes a lot of outlining! Truly in the beginning, when I was in the denial phase, I kept thinking things wouldn’t be cancelled. I don’t believe it was hope, because while I didn’t think things were going to be cancelled, in the back of my mind, I wasn’t even sure I wanted to go anymore to any of the events we had scheduled! What began as an incredible spring & summer full of great opportunities for our family to travel and serve, ended up becoming a long boring spring and summer where all we heard over the course of about 5 weeks were the words “cancelled”, “closed”, “delayed”, “postponed”, “unfortunately”. These are just the major events and experiences that we had cancelled in our lives. They need to be documented for future recollections. So we don’t forget:

April 18-21, 2020. I was supposed to fly to Kansas City to meet Teri & Michelle for an annual scrapbooking weekend. Within about a week after everything started to shut down we decided to cancel and try again later in the fall. At this point (June) I’m not so sure fall will be happening either! Though the one thing with this is we do just hole ourselves up in a hotel and do nothing but scrap and watch tv so if we all just drove instead of flying, it might not be so bad.

April 29-May 3. I was supposed to fly to Orlando for my very first agent training (at Universal!). I was so excited to get to see Universal from an agent’s eye and to meet some of my new “co-workers” for the first time. This was finally cancelled in the beginning of April. Universal closed mid-March and everyone kept hoping they would open in time and Coronavirus would be “a thing of the past” by then. It wasn’t.

May 24 – May 30. Disneyland. This was cancelled at the end of March when they announced that there was a recovery offer to modify or cancel reservations through the end of May. We assumed they weren’t opening until June 1st at the earliest. We moved our dates to July 2-9 on April 1 hoping that by July we’d be “good to go”.

May 31-June 4 – Vacation Bible School at church. Was moved to a virtual VBS, but not a lot my kids can do to volunteer when it’s virtual.

June 7-June 14 – Asher and I were supposed to travel with church to Costa Rica for a missions trip. This was cancelled on April 21

July 2-July 2 – our moved Disneyland trip. We finally learned officially on June 11 that the parks would not be opening until probably around July 17 and received notification on June 12 that we needed to cancel our reservation. But we had given up earlier than that because even if they were open July 2 we didn’t want to wear a mask for 5 days straight at the parks. Not that we’re opposed to mask wearing, that’s just not how we wanted to spend our vacation! We had scheduled a trip to a cabin in the mountains instead on May 31 for these dates. Secretly I’m waiting for something to happen to cause THAT to be cancelled!

July 11-17 – Asher & Ada were supposed to go to Tennessee for a missions trip with the junior high youth with church. Cancelled April 27

July 21-27 – Ada and I were supposed to travel to Ohio for an American Heritage Girls 25th anniversary convention and afterwards drive to Michigan to spend a couple days with Aunt Holly. Cancelled April 30.

July 25-31 – Asher was supposed to travel to Colorado for a mission strip with the senior high youth at church. Cancelled April 27

When the missions trips were cancelled, Asher asked if he could attend Boy Scout camp which was supposed to overlap with Costa Rica. We never even signed him up because I assumed it was going to be cancelled. I was right.

This is all the major things. Not to mention the minor things – Ada’s select basketball team pushing back their start date each month and finally just cancelling mid June and refunding us our money. Confirmation for 8th graders at church being moved to fall, which meant our hosting the dessert was also pushed back from Mothers Day weekend to fall. Asher getting his drivers license on his birthday didn’t happen – he had to wait until June when everything started to open up again. And all the other regularly scheduled meetings and appointments….We got so used to hearing the word cancelled that when everything started to open back up again the first week we had appointments I was kind of a mess trying to juggle it all!

I know that missing out on all of these things are minor compared to the reality and seriousness of this virus and the possibility of what it could do to people. Trying to manage the emotions and the boredom has been difficult. We now look to the future and wait to hear about the things on the horizon…golf, school, homecoming, school sports, other events that we take for granted normally. I will never take for granted the ability to fill my calendar with appointments and busy-ness again.

bcnatty likes this.
  17. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

239 words I missed him & his food photos on Instagram!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  19. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

305 words

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  20. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

So many things to choose from for this challenge!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.