June Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2020 Challenges' started by bcnatty, May 31, 2020.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

So here we are half way through this crazy, historical year in our lives...it has seemed so surreal. Things are slowly and tentatively starting to return to some kind of normalcy up in my neck of the woods. I went back to my first full week of work; I am only seeing about a third of my clients, but at least it's a start.

I am here this month to bring you the journaling challenge. I took this challenge because I have been experiencing some emotions pretty strongly over the past month or so. You see, my oldest daughter is graduating high school this year. She was supposed to go to her prom, get all dolled up and take pictures upon pictures with her friends all dressed up...but that, like so many others, was cancelled. She was supposed to have family coming up from Colorado to surprise her for her graduation. She was supposed to walk across that stage and have all of us cheer her like crazy as she passed this accomplishment that she has been working so hard for. But instead, she will be in an empty auditorium with a camera crew as she walks across that stage. Now, I totally get it, I understand all the precautions that we must all take to keep each other safe. I am just sad that she doesn't get to experience these moments, like she, and all the other graduates should be able to.

So, like any scrapper would do...I made a page about it.

My challenge to you this month is to journal about something you (or a family member) have/has missed because of this global pandemic. You must have at least 100 words to tell your story. It can be a big event, like my daughter's graduation...or if you don't have anyone experiencing something like that, then it can be something as simple as missing your weekly book club meeting, or girls night out, or date night, etc...

Here is my page
    [​IMG]

Reminder: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the June Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

SeattleSheri, norton94, Ga_L and 5 others like this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

oh man! I could do a book about all we've missed :( I'm so sorry for your daughter and your family and for everything else everyone has missed! But I need to document what we missed, so thank you for the push. I just haven't wanted to do it :(

bcnatty likes this.
  3. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

can it be without any photos ? and your daughter is beautiufl and so is her dress. hope the day comes when there is an occasion to wear it

bcnatty likes this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine, 141 words. Journaling is printed in the gallery.

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  5. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

6. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Here's my page about my nephew's 10th birthday celebration last week (119 words):
    [​IMG]

7. bcnatty

Yes, because this is a journaling challenge, you don't have to have any photos on it

8. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh good, because we missed it so we have no pics. LOL!!!

bcnatty likes this.
  10. bcnatty

:lmao

Dalis likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    You were so thrilled when you made it into your chosen field of study, you worked so hard and were one of only two that made it. Then your community spirit guaranteed you your own room and a parking spot and you were over the moon. Everything was working out. Then you broke your wrist falling at ice skating and the whole experience began to sour, still you put on your game face and made it work. Then Covid-19 and everything unravelled. No dance comm, no friends around, no socials and everything seemed to fade away like smoke. It so didn’t help that I kept saying this is unprecedented, this is world wide. I am happy that you are home safe and sound with us. You didn’t want to be home safe with mommy and Daddy, you wanted to be living your best life. And I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all the way you wanted/dreamed it would be. Instead I am here, with you, encouraging you to keep on, keeping on. This too will pass and the dances you dreamed of will happen – just maybe a year later than we wished for.

bcnatty and flowersgal like this.
  12. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Mine (109 words)

[​IMG]

14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    journaling: "During lockdown, we missed most the daily things we used to take for granted. Like going to the amusement park, one of the places where Zoe always had so much fun. She had many options to choose from and usually it was all of them: trampoline, train, fishing, boats, bouncy houses and many more. Almost always we'd take the popcorn that was included in the price of the ticket (and most of the times I would eat it all!), and very often we'd have lunch in one of the many restaurants of the mall. With the coronavirus pandemic, everything was closed. Even the playgrounds. And every time we had walked near a playground, Zoe would suggest "let's jump over the fence and go play!" photos: November 17, 2019, journaling: June 4, 2020

15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

17. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

18. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

For this page I used Forever Joy's P.S. I Love You kit. My nephew and his fiance's wedding was derailed due to Covid 19. This photo is their save the date. I'm not sure how it got a Sharpie mark on Luke's face. 110 words. June Journaling Challenge Cancelled wedding..jpg

bcnatty likes this.
  19. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

20. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

I usually struggle with the journaling challenges and leave it to last. But I knew what I wanted to do for this one and actually enjoyed writing about myself! I posted the journaling in the Gallery.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.