Request for prayers

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jun 4, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Last week I made this layout from a FB photo my friend Judy had shared. (Judy is the itty bitty 5'2? woman just above the title under their boat.
    [​IMG]

We used to work together and if I say it myself, we made a great team. It turned out that she was from a small town in Pennsylvania and her family lived right behind the house my Aunt(married to my mother's brother) and her family lived! A town full of Irish and Eastern European coal mining immigrants. Not only did Judy and I work together we shared so much and became good trusting friends. When I retired, she stayed on in MD government but not for the same Senator we'd worked with.

Judy called me last night to sadly tell me the day she received the layout image she had just been diagnosed with lung cancer. Never smoked, never lived with a smoker but grew up in homes where asbestos was common place. But once you have a disease, how you got it isn't as important as how they can treat it. She has a very good oncologist and a friend working at the hospital where she's having a lung drained today and more tests. Her stalwart Philadelphia Irish roots husband is really having a hard time. She said each time he looks at the layout he starts crying. Never underestimate what a layout can do for someone not expecting it.

Prayers, any type of good thoughts @keepscrappin or energy work you can send her way would be appreciated. She's done Reiki and I do Jin Shin Jyutsu so we know how self help can work on the body. Her name is Judy Brennan and I love her.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Praying for your dear friend.

cookingmylife likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Sending prayers and BIG hugs! I hope everything will go well and her oncologist will be lead to the best treatments available.

4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Just prayed for Judy and her husband.

5. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I am so sorry to read about your friend Maureen. Thinking of her (and you) with love

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Sending them right now!

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Maureen, I'm so sorry. I'm sending up prayers now!

8. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Lifting prayers for Judy and her husband. And for those in her circles of care. :beat

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

As I write this the church bells are striking, with the sound of them goes my prayers for your friend.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

What a special friendship. Thinking of all of you. (((hugs)))

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so sorry, Maureen. Prayers going up right now.

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Prayers for Judy. And you.

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh Maureen! I'm so saddened to read this. Unfortunately, my sister-in-law Theresa (my hubby's only sibling) was diagnosed with cancer on Easter Sunday. She went to the ER with back pain only to discover cancer in her left kidney, liver, vertebrae and some areas of the pelvis. She has had back surgery as well as surgery to remove the kidney and spleen. Like you said, it's not necessarily as important as how they got it as much as what kind of treatment they have available and how effective it is. We're seeing this firsthand with my SIL.

I am absolutely adding Judy to my prayers and will pray for her when I pray for Theresa, since they are in similar situations. I'm praying for you as well, as you'll be a great support for her during this time. Sending love and hugs your way!

Dalis likes this.
  14. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Sending positive thoughts out to you, Judy and her family.

15. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Maureen, praying for Judy and all those affected by this diagnosis.

16. cookingmylife

Thank you all so much!!:heartlub:beat:heartlub @BevG , @keepscrappin , @flowersgal , @LynnG , @Dalis, @Tree City, @scarletsierra , @Nemla ,@KimJ , @Cherylndesigns , @AJK ,@janedee, and especially @gonewiththewind I can't imagine what you all are going through with Theresa. So many surgeries... and that even if thry'tr part of the treatment it's such trauma to the body. :(

I think for me with Dick having swallowing issues for 6 or more months, we just kind of expected cancer. And Judy said she had had a terrible cough and exhaustion from January on, and suspected that she and her husband had contracted Covid coming back from the Virgin Islands around New Years Day. But this was before testing was easily available.

Love to you all and prayers from me to all who need them or just good energy. We all need it especially those who suffer in silence. :hug

KimJ and keepscrappin like this.
  17. cookingmylife

@A-M I missed you while writing. Thank you!

18. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear the scary news. She has a great friend in you and I love your layout. Prayers her way for good news soon, an easy path, healing and comfort. xo

19. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, sending tons of good thoughts and healing vibes her way! Big hugs to you!

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sending prayers for your dear friend Maureen. She (and you) are in my thoughts too. Big hugs.