i just bought the wood block alphabet style by mommyish and need help

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by bjc, May 28, 2020.

1. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

https://the-lilypad.com/store/CU-PU-Stylin-205.html

i cant figure out how i can change the letter color and also the color around the block. can someone help me please. i have figured out changing the wood backround with the style and how to change the text letter. wish they had included what font the sample text layer is . thanks for help with color changing

Dalis likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Maybe someone out there has the styles, but I bet @mommyish can help you too. :)

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don’t have that product and I’m not near my computer but maybe I can help. It says there is a template for the wood blocks in the product description. Can you clip a colored paper or color fill to the letter layer and the outline layer and then apply the style?

4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

The font is Bookman Old Style - Bold.
    To change the color of the letter, you just change it the way you would change the color of any text layer by using the color box in the character panel/window.
    The block border is a shape layer. If you double-click on the layer thumbnail, it should bring up the color picker for you to choose your color.

I'm using PS CC. I'm not sure what differences there might be in PSE. Hope that helps!

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Or another thought. You might have to apply the style and then clip a color to the layers and change the blending mode of the color layer to see the wood grain underneath.

6. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

off to give it a try

7. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

thanks and that did the trick. will post my layout soon. thank you and thanks for prompt reply so i could finish up this layout

AnneofAlamo, Karen and KimJ like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay for @KimJ !!! I'm glad she got your sorted out. Those blocks and styles are so fun! I don't think I've seen those before. Can't wait to see your layout using them @bjc

KimJ likes this.
  9. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@bjc You have inspired me with your great use of the style and alpha to go and buy that product by Mommyish.

Karen likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

me too.. LOL I played with it here.. Thanks @bjc for starting this thread :)

[​IMG]

A-M, wvsandy and Karen like this.