ISO - In desperate search of credit/supply tracker ...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by sbpoet, May 8, 2020.

1. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

... for Adobe Creative Cloud. I lost what I had when my computer crashed two years ago. And I will need instructions as well, as part of my brain seems to have crashed at about the same time.

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I sent you a PM :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just have a Word Doc open whenever I'm scrapping and as I use a kit, I jot it down in there. When I'm done, I copy and paste. It's not fancy, but it works for me. Hope you find a good solution! :agree

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@Karen see that annoys me, because I can never find a good way, to save that with the page Or card I have made, unless I put both in a file by themselves, and I often dont post straight away, so it becomes fun and games to find anyway. So do you have any tips on how to store them together ?

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I get that. I don’t store mine together, but since I’ve done it this way for so long, I just know where to go for my list of credits. In my word document I always have the layout title in bold and then the credits listed below that. I also don’t post right away usually and that’s actually why I started saving my credits this way so I could find them when I do post my pages. So like this:

Amazing Layout Title
    Template by designer A
    Kit by designer B
    Alpha by designer C
    Font name

One thing you could do though is create a text layer within your layout and just paste the credits in the layout and hide that layer? That would keep them all together nicely.

Ferdy likes this.
  6. Nemla

Thank you, I will give both ways a go, and see what works best for me.

Karen likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I use the File Info box (on the File Menu) for listing out the credits. I have another friend that uses the hidden journal box that Karen was describing.

8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

On a Mac:
    Window>Notes
    Drag elements directly onto your LO, and the credits will appear as the title of that layer. Click onto the name of the layer, Copy/Paste into Notes.

This doesn't work if you are dragging something layered, such as a template or layered cluster, which you have to first drag onto your workspace. In that case, highlight the name as you are selecting it (for me, that is in Bridge), copy and paste into Notes. Or manually type the name into notes as the layered document is sitting on your workspace (by "manually," I mean, you can't copy the name of it, or at least I haven't figured out how to do that).

Also, make sure you copy/paste before merging layers together, as only one name will be visible after a merge.

I made my Notes icon a stand-alone on my tool bar because I use it for EVERYTHING I create. To make it have its own slot, go to Edit>Toolbar. It is nested with one of the other tools (can't remember which). Click and drag it outside of its "nest" to a spot on its own. Now it will show up on the Tool Bar in its own spot.

Sorry, I don't know if this is how to do it in Windows, but probably something similar.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Christy, who no longer does her blog, but still has her cvw tracker download available on her blog HERE

it is a script, not an action,
    I have it in a place easy to find.

when I am ready to run
    I go to top pull down menus
    FILE > Scripts > browse to find SupplY Tracker
    and it runs, it only does visible layers.

busywoman139 likes this.
  10. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I use the notes feature inside of Photoshop.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Nemla

In Photoshop CC, I use the File Info box to include my credits so they are attached with my PSD or TIF. The File Info box is also included with Photoshop Elements.

Go to FILE>FILE INFO.

SavingCredits.jpg

Once you click on FILE INFO, you'll get this pop-up. I use the DESCRIPTION AREA. Right now, you can only see the kit name, the kit link, and my fonts, but it will hold several lines of text if you have multiple supplies. This way, when I'm ready to post online, I open up the PSD, click on FILE INFO, and copy and paste as many times as I need to, and it's always there, especially if I go back to an older PSD and want to reuse a kit - it's handy to have.

SavingCredits2.jpg

Here's the layout in the gallery so you can see how the copy/paste shows up in our gallery:

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

@gonewiththewind your shirt almost matches the paper in Forever Joys' Lake life, I just used it yesterday ( I did darken the red a bit)
    [​IMG]

gonewiththewind likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

14. Nemla

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Vivi... put an additional text layer in your PSE psd file for your card or scrap page.. you can save it with the eye/layer turned off then your credits are in your layout for future reference :)

Nemla likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

While this may not BE an action, I have always had it loaded in my Actions folder in both PSE2019 and PSCC. It has worked for me in every version of those Adobe products since she released it in...whenever. I originally bought the products shown in my image belowwhen she was selling them. That's the difference between the name of Delete Non Visible. These 3 actions are my every layout go to items!! Click and it's done with an editable list I copy to a Notes folder and then add the hyperlinks needed when I post in the Gallery.

fwiw, I also copy my edited list of credits from Notes to replace the metadata on my file. Then I delete the actual Credits list from my layout or sometimes move it under the background layer if I have something like 5 or 6 items from one kit but only show the kit in my Gallery credits and want to know exactly where that 1 element came from. HTH @sbpoet

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 6.49.19 AM.png

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Nemla I keep a running .rtf Text Edit (Mac) file for each month for Challenges, one 26 week one for PL and one for CT work. I like organization and not having too many bits here and there. Can you tell??? :giggle

Nemla likes this.
  18. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help, I'm fixed!

Karen and Nemla like this.