Scrapbook Album Storage

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dailydwelling, May 21, 2020.

1. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I just wrote a blog post about my scrapbook album storage after getting a TON of layouts printed and into albums.

I have pictures in the post describing how I store my albums.

It made me think about how I would love to see how everyone else stores their albums. I would love to hear from all of you, and even see pictures if you have them!

LilachOren likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a great idea! I definitely need a bigger shelf now! I only have one shelf on my bookshelf set that is tall enough to fit my 12x12 albums. And I think I am only going to be able to fit maybe one more book on that shelf. I’m going to go read your blog post then I’ll be back with a picture.

3. Karen

Um... that cabinet is SOOO cute! I think I need one! And... I JUST went to IKEA on Sunday darn it! :giggle

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

So the first photo shows my office nook looks in whole. From this perspective my kitchen is behind and to the left of me and my family room is to my right. In the second and third photos you can see my bookcases with photo and scrapbook albums. Only slightly organized. I had been printing 12x12 Blurb albums pretty much annually for many years, plus several 8x8 albums, mostly when Shutterfly had freebies. The ragged thick albums are paper scrapbooks I'd like to digitize someday. If you're wondering what's in the middle bookcase, it's mostly 3 ring binders full of notes from when I was studying photography. Someday I'll be getting rid of them. I really want to minimize my stuff.

2020-02-05-iphonecatchup-328.JPG
    2020-02-05-iphonecatchup-332.JPG 2020-02-05-iphonecatchup-334.JPG

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'll take some pictures tomorrow, Monica. My albums are all 8x8 and smaller and I have several soft cover books, so they don't take up a ton of space. I bought some large baskets and have mine in them. They're in my sitting room and I love to go in there and look at them. I have lots of mini albums, too. They're in their own basket.

I used to paper scrap all 12x12 and had so many albums. My oldest DD begged me for them so I gave them to her. I have pictures of my pages, so I didn't mind parting with the big bulky albums. She treasures them and has lots of room to leave them out. I love looking through them when I go to her house.

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

All of my big chunky paper albums are in my craft room in the basement. This book shelf is where all of my 12x12 Shutterfly and Blurb books live:

F3249C78-79F3-4E1E-AE8B-13001CB85DB8.jpeg 2C5B82E4-36CF-4D9E-8411-1B364DED9570.jpeg

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. Karen

That’s 37 albums with at 100 pages each!!! That’s a lot of layouts!!

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love seeing all these albums with all those memories captured!

My albums are in a cabinet in the den/office.

IMG_20200521_225632.jpg IMG_20200521_225710.jpg

I am having to store some art supplies/canvases in here because Olivia moved back home after graduating from college, so that's what's piled on top of the albums on the top shelf, along with a junk journal (the thing that's fanned out because it's so full LOL) and some oversize photos in an expandable folder. This shelf holds paper and digital pages.

On the middle shelf is my wedding album and a couple of Daniel's albums (paper).

On the bottom are some 8.5x11 albums, along with memorabilia, our Christmas memories books, and my smash books. The brown albums on the bottom are mostly digital pages.

I really need to do some printing again. I tend to do that in cycles, but I should really be doing it monthly.

Cherylndesigns and Karen like this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I keep my 12x12 albums in the living room on a bookcase and a wrought iron display stand. I still have room for a couple more albums on the bookcase. I have both 12x12 and small albums on the display stand. I can move the small albums on the wrought iron stand to another bookcase (that has books on it) and use that stand for more 12x12 albums.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have 2 big baskets on the floor in the sitting room and one on a table in there. My basket of TN journals is in my scrap room where I can get to them. Most of my TN's have turned into mini albums and I have a few in the basket that will eventually go into the leather albums.

basket-of-mini-albums.jpg basket-of-albums-1.jpg basket-of-albums2.jpg basket-of-tn-journals.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Karen likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is from about 4 years ago. They had moved to another shelf and are now back on this shelf with a few more albums. I need to take a more current photo.

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and Karen like this.
  12. Karen

I love that set of shelves with the drawers on the bottom!

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh I lust for the Big Kallax shelf unit because we have no bookshelves anywhere in the house that are 12" deep even though we have two walls (yes walls ...) of books and one half wall of cookbooks. It is my responsibility to get rid of many many things before I get new shelves and they will be in my office. At this point, it is so crowded there is no room to move anything much.

This is in my bedroom and I hate this big bulky D ring binders - 7 years of Pl and 3 then books. I have other 8x10 (Ali's WITL & some others) as well as smaller December albums and a batch of soft cover 8" Blurb/Mixbook monthly challeng books. I despair...

IMG_3670.jpeg

Karen likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy