Workout | Pad Patter 5.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 17, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So, I'm really struggling with the workout thing since the gyms are closed. I did well for a little while, but have slacked off big time. Our gyms will be able to open back up this week, I think, but Planet Fitness is staying closed a while longer. That's a good thing and I hadn't planned on going back just yet anyway, but I cannot seem to get myself in a good workout routine here at home lately. I have several apps and things bookmarked on my computer, but I am having trouble picking one and getting started.
    [​IMG]

Do any of you all have a good at home workout routine that you enjoy? Or anyone that you follow specifically for workouts or ideas?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My yoga teacher has been teaching her Monday morning class via Zoom. That has been really helpful.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

Planet Fitness has been doing Facebook live workouts, but they are at 7pm and that's just not a great workout time for me and I always forget to go back and look for them lol

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have done a workout called Callanetics for so many years that all I need is a yoga mat. I also walk a lot. If you've never heard of Callanetics (it's the precursor to Pilates) and it works! They're NOT easy!!

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

TJ is doing very well sticking to her school workout routines, and exploring new ones. I've totally fallen off the workout thing. I need to get back into it. I work best in a class environment. I loose focus or motivation following a video.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I haven’t done a workout class or any exercise for that matter in ages.....hoping once my health is back on track I’ll get back into it. I prefer water based classes with my favourite being Aqua Zumba

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Same here. It's really hard for me to follow a video. Going to the gym or a class is much more motivating to me and I'm not as likely to get sidetracked or wander away :giggle

Angela Toucan likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Oh...Aqua Zumba sounds really interesting. I don't think I've heard of or seen that before!

9. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Hopefully you can get back into your routine soon. I'm the complete opposite. I work out at home on the bike and weight machine, but I don't think that I would take the time to go anywhere. The thought of huffin' and puffin' around other people has never appealed to me. :)

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Since my gym has been closed, my work out buddy and I have been walking three days a week, but it's just not the same. My feet get really mad at me if we go further than three miles and then I'm missing the weights routine that we usually do too. I'm noticing a lot more tension in my neck and shoulders because I'm not working out those muscles to relieve the strain of working at a computer all day long. I really miss the gym, but even if they opened tomorrow, I'm not ready to go back there yet.

I have a couple of work out videos that I will do occassionally, like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (but she is HARD on my knees) and then I have a couple old Biggest Loser videos that I really like too. They are mostly 30 mins with a warm up and a cool down... so about 40 minutes total which makes them easier to sneak into my day. Sadly, since I'm working til 5:00 and then walking MWF until about 6:15 and then cooking dinner and cleaning up AND helping with my son's math homework daily... I seem to have less time now to work out than I did before the lock downs happened. o_O

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The only thing happening here is some stretching and walking. Of course, I have some pretty severe restrictions on activity because of my back. I say just do what you can when you can. Every little thing matters and will help reduce stress.

IntenseMagic and BevG like this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Somehow even the walking has seemed to be overwhelming to me now. Plus one day it's 86 and today it's chilly and humid. I just have no incentive which tells me there's an underlying depression not matter what I think I feel.

Depression is not my norm at all but it was a hard hard 2019 with Dick's cancer and then my son's sudden separation and divorce in December ( the day after I saw them..) and then came 2020. At least I sleep soundly.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

When I started, I kind of the thought the time to get there would hold me back from going, but once I started I didn't mind at all. I wish I had a bike or treadmill here, that might motivate me a little more.

14. IntenseMagic

I'm trying to do more walking. Now that the weather is nice, maybe I will get to do that more often. I have some weights here, but it's just not the same lol. And yeah, same here with the tension in my neck and shoulders. I'm not ready to go back just yet either, but I do miss it a lot!! And I totally understand feeling like I have less time now that before the lock down!! I know I am working more hours from home than I did when I went to the building and it seems like next thing I know it's 8pm and I'm about ready for bed.

Karen likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

You're right. I need to count the small wins :) Chance and I torn down an old swing in the yard this morning, so I'm counting that for today!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

I want to do more walking, but I swear it has rained every day for weeks! It finally got nice this weekend for a couple of days, but the rain returns tomorrow for the rest of the week UGH. That really plays with my emotions, too. I just feel so much better and am so much more motivated when the weather is nicer.

17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

DUDE. That's a BIG workout, not a small win. LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

My workouts have actually gotten better since the quarantine started. My yoga teacher moved all of the workouts to zoom. I'm doing yoga almost daily (she takes Mondays off). Yesterday I actually did two classes...a pilates mat class at noon and moon flow in the evening.

My husband and son have been doing a youtube video PE with Joe every morning and love it!! I did a couple of those workouts with them and they were awesome!

Here's the link to the youtube videos: PE with Joe

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thanks for the link... I'm going to check out PE with Joe! I need something extra right now!

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I've been doing really well with my workouts, but not so much with any other movement. My personal trainer and I have kept our usual MWF 10:00am schedule, we just meet via FaceTime now. BUT... I'm barely walking anywhere and I keep saying that I'm going to ride our stationary bike but I never actually do.

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.