What I am Missing Most....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by BevG, May 8, 2020.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

What I miss most is taking my kids to their activities and events. My 18 year old's choir concert would have been in a couple weeks. My 16 year old should be completing their behind the wheel training. My 13 year old would have been performing in The Lion King at the end of this month. I don't want to hurry back into the germy world though.

Dalis and KarenB like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

michelepixels and KarenB like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have noticed this too at stores -- on the other hand, there are more people out walking in our neighborhood and people are now much more likely to say hello. They still move away 6ft but say hi while doing it.

At least the awkward dog greetings have stopped. Our pup dog is old, small, and scared of most dogs. People no longer expect her to come say hi.

KarenB likes this.
  4. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

*Waking up each morning and automatically and unthinkingly knowing what day of the week it actually is. Turns out I prefer 7 days a week to this never-ending Blursday!...
    *Visits to the library
    *Sunday brunch at my favourite local pub
    *My nephews, who only live about 4.5 miles away, but who seem so far away

Dalis and KarenB like this.
  5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Eating out, family get togethers and going away for the weekend. But most of all, like Vivi, I miss feeling safe!

Dalis likes this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

T H I S!!

going to church.

Dalis likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

upload_2020-5-11_9-2-0.gif

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I miss my kids going to school. They HATE online schooling and so do I for them.

And I miss hanging out with friends. We all live for the 3-4 months of good weather so we can get together on a whim and grill together and just hang out and have a fire outside. I'm hoping it safe to do that again REALLY soon!

Dalis and jk703 like this.
  9. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

The thing I miss the most is being able to be with my family/friends. :'(

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I miss the hustle and bustle and just going out when needed. No planning. NJ has always been a Go, Go, Go place... and it's so quiet compared to pre-pandemic.

I'm looking forward to getting my hair cut and colored back to my roots, lol! I'm looking forward to eating at a restaurant or hanging out at a bar with friends. Eventually, we will get out and about. I'm ready!

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Dalis and Karen like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I miss getting in my car for those just on a whim stores just as @Cherylndesigns mentioned. Just to browse around and when you finally get to the checkout you see something in a person's cart that you hadn't seen and like and there's a checkout conversation about nothing really, but just connection. Hair salons open tomorrow but now have gone through a lot of the god awful growing out stage I'm not sure I want to go short again, only to have all these closures repeat later this year. :banghead

I also miss the fact that my dh went out to lunch or dinner quite a bit and now he's always home and I mostly have to get him fed. He still has post cancer issues and specific tastes... Even carry out takes planning.

Dalis and Cherylndesigns like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I miss not having a specific news item(in this case CV) shoved in my face EVERYWHERE- especially online. Facebook has obsessed with it. I am tired of clicking off of update offers. These are people's lives, not numbers- whether affected or ended- it is nefarious to me to see that so anonymously and coldly shoved in the face unsolicited. Tell me how that makes matters better? It is a proven scientific fact that negativity has a drastic impact upon health. So the CDC's response is to shove a problem into our faces countless times a day? Why not allow the public to seek out the info if desired? Does anyone else think that is just plain nuts? It's like they don't want us to move on...

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

YES!!!!! I just scrapped a page that I did when I told Bianca that our library is going to start doing curbside pick up really soon!!!!!!

My energy tank was on EMPTY yesterday, I just couldn't do anything. I was literally falling asleep while working from home, so I stopped and told B I was going to take a nap. I think she saw how EXHAUSTED I was, next thing I felt was her sneaking into my bed and asking if she could have some snuggle time. We had like a 2hr nap! She woke up energized and me NOT so much, I think I needed more time. LOL!!!

Yes, I get heart palpitations every SINGLE time I need to go out.

That seems wrong, have you called the bussing system and ask what you can do?

OMG, my daughter's unibrow is driving me INSANE!!!!!

Everyone is letting their nasty side out, and minding in everyone's business! I was talking (more like almost screaming) to my neighbor that I saw when I went walking. We were about 25ft away possibly more. I was asking her about her mom which is really sick with cancer. This guy is driving stops insults us and tells us to wear masks. I couldn't even believe it! First of all, he isn't wearing one to address to us, so what the heck! We were more than 25ft away and I was doing my best not to go hug my neighbor who is watching her mom died! So, yeah... I miss having people mind their own beeswax!

We have seen Bianca's viola's performance, viola's art concert, Young choir concert, Charity choir concert all come and gone. So I 100% understand!

This was the first year that Bianca could try out for the school soccer team and she was looking forward to that.

LIBRARY!!!!!!!! Our library is doing arrangements to do curbside, thank goodness because I was about to start black trading of books somehow!

I think it's especially hard for only-child. Bianca has no interactions with her friends other than a bit on the phone. She hates the phone, so this has been extremely hard.

Hubby started working 3 weeks ago and the first time eating out he got SUPER sick, he barely made it home. So from that day I have been making him lunch to take to work. The other day Bianca wanted to have a second plate from dinner and I had to tell her that she couldn't because it was dad's lunch. I felt terrible, but that is what's going on.

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Dalis its one of those things that because I don’t have a really obvious visual disability or use a wheelchair for example the chance of the bus drivers coming to the party are slim to nil and it’s not worth the fight to get it sorted when I have alternative means of transport if I chose to go out (I also get half price taxis but til the end of June they are free) - my friend who does have some eyesight but uses a white cane as well has been told to get on the back door of buses so if she’s having issues it’s not even been worth my while to try. If I need anything urgent my mum picks bits up as she’s been doing the grocery shopping during the first five weeks of lockdown or she picks things up before/after work over the past two weeks. The main reason it hasn’t bothered me too much is I was considered to be of higher risk for COVID-19 due to existing health conditions so I was under self isolation orders anyway and there’s no way I’m going to a shopping mall or big box store for awhile now that we can after 7 weeks due to crowds.

Dalis likes this.
  15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I deactivated my personal FB page a few years ago. One can't see unwanted anything if one isn't on FB, and right now I can't imagine having to see posts of my friends/family/acquaintances breaking SIP orders or reposting conspiracy theories. As for the CDC, however, I'd love to read what they, a supposed-to-be-nonpartisan, medical organization based on rigorous science has to say. It seems like they are using FB to reach people because people aren't listening. We can't move on when we're still going through.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    KarenB likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm really glad each state is determining what a governor decides is best for that state. I trust scientists to give me science facts just as I am most likely to trust an experienced cookbook writer on recipes not vice versa. I'm glad our state is taking it slow. I'm positive and have hope for the future but this is not a flip the switch back to 'normal' imho.

HavaDrPepper, KarenB and Tree City like this.
  17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Agreed! I'm also glad our states are working with each other and with other nearby/neighboring states to figure out what to do and when to do it. This isn't (and never will be) easy or quick. Hopefully by respectfully working together and understanding that a virus doesn't care about borders, states can slow this as much as possible.

18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I miss getting dressed up for church. I miss seeing my friends there & getting all my hugs for the week. I miss getting to sing in a big group.

I miss family dinners on Thursday night at my parents' house. I miss hugging my mom.

I miss being able to run down to Walgreen's for this or that. I miss making multiple shorter trips to buy groceries. I miss being able to buy chicken tenderloins vs. br*asts that I have to cut down and touch (yick!) and can never get a uniform size. I miss being able to select between different brands or types at the store.

I miss going to Table Group and getting to have interesting face-to-face conversations with other adults.

I miss being able to go fun places with my kids.

I miss not having to worry about my parents being exposed and being more likely to become very sick due to their chronic health conditions.

I miss being able to celebrate holidays & birthdays with my family.

I miss looking forward to our usual summer activities: the beach, live outdoor concerts, strawberry picking, Fourth of July fireworks shows, the school fun fair, Vacation Bible School, camp, etc.

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

You know what I don't miss, though: waking up at 7:30 am to get everyone where they need to be on time or the long 2 hour round-trip commute every day.

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I just want to give you a big hug!