PSE, Bridge, Lightroom, Lightroom CC, Photoshop - HELP

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by Coreen, Sep 11, 2019.

1. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Lisa, in Belgium I pay 12,98 euro (14 dollar) taxed included and I have PSCC, LR, bridge and camera raw ...

Lisa B likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day! I pretty much celebrated ALL weekend - LOL!

Yes, that is the package that I have. Bridge is actually free to anyone who has an Adobe ID. You may already have an Adobe ID if you have another Adobe product that you registered - like Photoshop Elements. If you don't have an Adobe ID, it's free to make one. Hope that helps! :)

Lisa B likes this.
  3. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

That's the way to celebrate!!! I had a relaxing day working on getting my new computer up and running. Always a pain switching everything over, and then I stayed up too late doing a PS course!

I'm using my daughter's CC subscription currently, but I don't need all the other programs so I'm going to get my own, and that way we don't have file sharing issues! I just wanted to be sure that was the correct bundle before purchasing, and I thought that Bridge was included but the Adobe website can be a bit vague. Thank you!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

@Lisa B You're welcome! And yay for a new computer!

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Sorry for resurrecting old threads….I too didn’t know you could download Bridge for free. Would it work for organising kits or not? PSE works perfectly fine for me but as I’ve more than likely lost ACDSee for good I need a new way of tagging my supplies. I had thought of PSCC & Lightroom on the photography plan but if Bridge could work instead I’d be keen to look into that.

cfile likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Jennifer...
    Bridge does not work with PSE.. it comes automatically in the photography plan with the PSCC & Lightroom. Unless you are going to upgrade to PSCC / Lightroom on the photography plan you may want to see about another newer ACDSee that works with your new laptop. I think we discussed previously that PSE works perfectly fine for your creative needs. PSCC / LR w/ Bridge is not worth the monthly fee for you if you can scrap perfectly fine with PSE.

I rarely use Bridge, but that is me. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  7. littlekiwi

@cfile thanks….it might just be an opportunity to upgrade as a sneaky birthday present to me but I’ll wait and see. ACDSee has changed so much since I bought it that I have no idea what version to get now that’s why I was considering a full upgrade but not sure.

cfile likes this.
  8. cfile

The upgrade is fine but it is a monthly cost.. not sure what the exchange rate is and there is a large learning curve.. if you are fine with PSE and what you currently own as you said there is a lot that you haven’t used in PSE then I would stay with PSE and spend that money on a new copy of ACDSee that you are used to.. that is my opinion mind you what ever you decide all the best to you!

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. cfile

@littlekiwi Jennifer, I did not know if you were aware but there is a plug in for PSE called PSE+ that gives PSE the ability to do additional things similar to PS version .. I think you might want to check this too before upgrading and the having the learning curve with PSCC. If you are interested in doing more with PSE, it is a $12 USD fee for the PSE+ plug in. I do not have it as I have both PSE15 for writing my tutorials and PSCC that I always use. I don't think you can use Bridge with PSE+ either, but I would definitely see if you can get a free version of ACDSee first or even if you pay a minimum amount. One time cost is better than monthly.

10. littlekiwi

After doing some digging I have found the ACDSee option that’s a one time cost of $30USD. I’ll have a look at the link you provided @cfile and see what that’s all about - I have used CS4/CC in the past so it’s not totally foreign to me if I do upgrade. The advantage with ACDSee is all going well, while I may have to retag some stuff the majority of the tags might be there between the backup of the database that’s probably three weeks out of date and the embedding of the metadata that automatically happens

cfile likes this.
  11. cfile

I defiitely agree with the ACDSee option and this page shows you all the options for all the different versions of PSE and what they do with the PSE+.. you can download the demo PSE+ free to try too :) (I was just glancing and it allows for custom styles too, meaning you can make your own :) )

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    littlekiwi likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bridge!!! I use it as a visual file folder form my kits. I leave it open next to my PSD document and just drag and drop! It allows me to see the items in the kit without having to go out and look for them.

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@littlekiwi I thought Bridge was free but I can't seem to find it. It looks like it's available through the CC trial, but don't how that works... sorry that's not very helpful. I do think Sara's @Tree City idea of putting the tags in the file's metadata is a good idea. Then it's always with the file and you don't have to worry about corrupt ACDSEE databases.

14. gonewiththewind

@cfile @littlekiwi @keepscrappin

Bridge is still a free asset. You do have to have an Adobe ID, but to my knowledge, there is no charge to make an Adobe account. Here's the link to download Bridge: https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

Jennifer, I found that Bridge was a resource hog so I went with Lightroom for my digi supply organization, but I miss the ability to drag and drop from Bridge/File Explorer/ACDSee, so I will still use ACDSee if I'm using one kit as I can just grab and drop on my canvas.

Christa, I think Jennifer would be able to drag and drop directly from Bridge, just like she would for ACDSee and File Explorer, so while there isn't an option to open Bridge from the PSE software, she should be able to open it separately and then drag and drop onto her canvas or in her photo bin (depending on her version of the software). Does it not work that way for you? Or did I misread above?

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  15. littlekiwi

@gonewiththewind I ended up sticking to tried and true and went back to ACDSee since it was a good price. Now I'm just doing the very painful task of pulling everything down from Backblaze

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  16. gonewiththewind

I love that their software is reasonably priced and it is a great way to organize products. I haven't upgraded in a long time, but I've kept the software on my computer because I used it for so long.

littlekiwi likes this.
  17. littlekiwi

Agree...it was just under $50NZ which is totally reasonable I think. I saved money at the repair shop - around $250-300 so it was an easy decision in the end to get ACDSee again

bestcee likes this.
  18. cfile

Thanks Cheryl.. re bridge for PSE I did not see it inside the software so I did not think it was a viable option for PSE so thank you!!! With that being said, I really don't use it much with PSCC either. I use it mainly if I want to see a PSD file as it is the only thing that will give me a picture of PSD items. I do not drop and drag from any of those programs. I grab bits one at a time as I am making a page and I use the File > Place so it will open in my file and I will look and then click and it will place it in my workspace of my page. I do things weird I know, but I hate to have gazillion screens/ bits open at the same time.

If Bridge works for others than great. Thanks for updating me as I was unaware that Bridge could be used for other than PS :) Big hugs!!!

gonewiththewind likes this.