Monthly Muse - May - Week 1 - Happiness

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, May 11, 2020.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

fabc9cefdec4123ada9cb4de57a7f5ab.jpg e4ab7b0b5abfb240e27aaa1d6c9afca2.jpg

For the first May Monthly Muse we are going to record what makes us Happy or gives us Happiness! What have you been doing during this Slow living time to give you happiness?

I pulled the "Good Hair Day' from the second post to document me giving myself a haircut. I truly needed it badly and had been putting it off months before the pandemic happened so to say it was out of control is an understatement!

So for this weeks MM pull something from these 2 inspiration art sheets to create your project from. If what brings you happiness isn't drawn here, your are free to just create what you want letting us know what has brought you happiness during this Slow Living time.

Also I love that these are hand drawn. So add some type of hand drawn element to your project.

"You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly okay or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to May 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines)."

Here is my layout
    [​IMG]

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@Sokee I love your page. I have been cutting my hair with this approach for several years. Just a note. You said that your ponytail was at your forehead. That will keep your back hair length longer. If the ponytail is positioned further on your head, the back length will be shorter. I've tried it anywhere from the top of my head to the forehead, all with great success.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. Sokee

Good to know! This was my first time even attempting to cut my hair, went off the directions my girlfriend sent me. Should of watched the YouTube videos first! that being said I only get to the salon about 2xs a year just because I cringe at the cost.

mcurtt likes this.
  4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your page, Barbara! @Sokee I've been cutting my own hair for well over 2 years now.

Loving all of the pages so far!

7. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine = experiments in the kitchen

[​IMG]

flowersgal, Sokee and Smwhite like this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

sketching for me.

[​IMG]

Sokee, Nemla, AJK and 1 other person like this.
  10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Mine is really a little thing, but brings me such joy. Each day finding something new blooming in my yard is the highlight of my day.
    [​IMG]

Sokee and Smwhite like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Jan, I LOVE your sig!!! That's the "new blooming thing" I saw today!

Sokee likes this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Great challenge Barbara @Sokee

Sokee likes this.
  14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thanks for the challenge, Barbara!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  15. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Really fun challenge Barbara!
    My-Happy-Place-web.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Sokee likes this.
  16. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

I would so love to play along with you all, @Sokee, and am wondering how it all works? I saw in other threads that there is a new muse every week? You can create just one page utilizing all four muses, or create a page for each muse individually? All muses due by the end of the month? So sorry for all the questions and my lack of understanding how it works. Bunches of thanks in advance for your reply though! :beat

mcurtt likes this.
  17. Sokee

@Katherine B
    Yah!!! Clapping my hands! Jump right in and make a single layout with this week’s theme! Im not difficult to work with as I believe Art Journaling is personal so there is no right or wrong! Use these prompts as your inspiration! I will have two more prompts this month, posted on Mondays but they will be separate from these.
    :bk

Katherine B likes this.
  18. Sokee

@Katherine B

oh, whatever you decide to create is due by the 31st of this month and then one lucky person will get a coupon!!!

Katherine B and Smwhite like this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome @Katherine B to our Monthly Muse Challenge! Ask away any questions. One of us will try to answer. I can't wait to see your pages.

Sokee and Katherine B like this.
  20. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!