NBK Design Advanced Challenge May 1-31

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by TrishD, Apr 30, 2020.

1. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

THIS CHALLANGE IS NOW CLOSED
    Hello scrappers, first on behalf of NBK Design I would like to thank you all for your amazing pages with an Alpha or Text character with an extraction challenge. I was totally impressed with your imagination, skills and thoroughly enjoyable pages. The two winners of the $5 coupon are “ Ferdy” and “Skivvy”. Your well earned prize was well earned. Your coupon code will be sent to you very soon. We have two more challenges again this month, one simple and the other advanced. Try your skills again and good luck

Hi scrappers, I hope you are ready for another challenge this month and have a bit of fun rather than a challenge, as we are all experiencing plenty of challenges this COVIT-19 2020 Year
    For this challenge we are going to be using an ALPHA or TEXT LETTER with an extraction of your choice. This challenge works better with an extraction, masked to hide certain parts of the extraction and hidden behind the alpha character. A thick or bold letter is better to use. The idea is to try to make the character appear to be peeping from around the letter.
    Here is a screen shot of my layers panel and some samples of the challenge using alphas or text characters. In two of my samples I have used NBK's "Laugh Often" Alpha Magnets https://the-lilypad.com/store/Laugh-Often-option.html and "Over The Rainbow" Stamps https://the-lilypad.com/store/Over-the-Rainbow-nbkOTREL18.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RULES
    This challenge runs from May 1st to May 31st (One Month)
    TWO lucky scrappers will be randomly chosen to win a $5 coupon to the NBK Design store.
    You must use 100% NBK Design Products.
    Post your layout in the NBK Design Gallery and in this forum, and link your layout to the gallery.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    KarenB, A-M, Donitab and 1 other person like this.
  2. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Great challenge! Love it and will try. Your examples are so great, especially the second one!
    I'm not sure if my LO will fit with your challenge, but I had fun in any case. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

4. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I kissed the frog!

Poppy likes this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is REALLY exciting!!!

TrishD and Nemla like this.
  7. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

I love it Thuria, maybe move your image a little behind the "L" to make her looking around it, you can do another one if you like but this one is still in the running for the coupon

Thuria likes this.
  8. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

OH YES, just what I was looking for Janis, well done

NBK-Design likes this.
  9. Skivvy

Skivvy Well-Known Member

I used two photos, one of my daughter and one of her dog. I really like how it seems as if they are looking for each other.
    [​IMG]

Dannisa, NBK-Design, wvsandy and 4 others like this.
  10. astrofairy

astrofairy Active Member

11. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Great challenge idea and I love your layouts! :)
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design, rdutch, TrishD and 5 others like this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hi There!...I Love NBK's Very Interesting Challenges...This One Is No Different...I Toyed Around With A Few Different Scenarios On How To Do The Large "S"...I Had Various Styles Applied & Went Through All The Blend Modes...A Whole Bunch Of Times...And I Took A Lot Of Different Approaches To Masking My Extraction...Ultimately This Is What I Ended Up With...Hopefully This Is Something Like What You Are Looking For...

*Some Of You May Know That I Talk About My Anxiety Issues Here At The Lilypad...From Time To Time...And I Scrap About Them A Lot Sometimes...It Just Depends On How I Feel That Day Or That Week...If I'm Having A Bad Day...I Might Scrap About That Or A Bad Thing That Happened...But I Haven't So Much Lately Scrapped About This...Considering All The Craziness That Is Covid-19...I Made 13 Or So Layouts About Covid-19 Or Therein Related To That Subject...But Tried To Keep The Positivity Throughout...But This Layout...Is Totally About Some Bad Days That I May Be Experiencing From Time To Time...Not Today Technically...But I Digress...It Expresses All That Sadness & Negativity That I Sometimes Feel...But Want To Get Rid Of & Put Down Digitally & Spew It Out Of My Mind & Onto The Page...It is A Freeing Experience For Me...Such Is One Of The Main Reasons Why I Started Doing Art Journal/Mixed Media Layouts...But It Is Also About Some Of The Negative Feelings That Some Of You May Be Experiencing Towards Covid-19 Or Anything Else Quite Frankly...I Have A Saying That I Have Been Saying For Years Now..."Life Isn't All Sunshine & Roses"...There Are Bad Days/Good Days & Inbetween Days...I Think Most People Toggle More Or Less....Somewhere Inbetween...But On Those Days When You Are Leaning More Towards The Darkness...It Is O.K. To Feel This Way From Time To Time & Get All That Negative Emotion Out...& Then Continue More Or Less Towards The Sunshine Again...

*For My This Too Shall Pass Layout-I Used:

*Art & Nature Collection-NBK Design
    *Everyday Life-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  13. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

This is amazing, two great photos and it does look like the gorgeous dog is hiding from your daughter. Perfectly done Skivvy

14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well I concentrated so much on the extractions that I didn't use much product but 8.5x11 doesn't give much room and I got the look I was after.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design, Oldenmeade and TrishD like this.
  15. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I did two extractions from the same photo. It was time consuming, but lots of fun.
    [​IMG]

16. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Super fun. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design, Oldenmeade and TrishD like this.
  17. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

18. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

This is so eyecatching flowersgal, I love how your "W" dominates the page and that is exactly how I hoped the alpha letter would be used. Someone behind and an extraction in front or vice versa. Well done

flowersgal and NBK-Design like this.
  19. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

Well you can't get more distance than that. A super reminder of the social and physical distancing from 2020. Love your interpretation of this challenge and challenging times

NBK-Design likes this.
  20. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

You nailed this one Kim, Three extractions and three different poses, I especially like how you have one of the girls with her toe through the middle of the "D". Well done

garrynkim and NBK-Design like this.