Pet Peeves | Pad Patter 5.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 6, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Everyone has them! And I'm learning more of mine lately.

Like, I don't like other people in my house to do the laundry. I have a way I like it done, and I don't want others messing with that. (I like it washed, dried, folded, and put away in one day. Not dragging it out over the whole week).

I'm also learned I don't like a noisy fan. I'd rather be too warm than listen to a noisy fan, especially when trying to sleep. And it drives me bonkers that others are fine with the noisy fan.

So, what are your pet peeves? Maybe I'll recognize some more in my life! :thumbsups

Pet Peeve: Something that a particular person finds annoying.

Lisa B and cfile like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

oh i'm the opposite, i would take a noisy fan over being too hot at night any day of the week; i'm lucky to have one day a week where i'm not doing laundry but my biggest pet peeve i've learnt at the moment is people leaving half finished cups of water everywhere and butter knives balanced all over the kitchen, like no one is going to use DS's peanut butter knife after him or DD's jam knife after her; far out, just stick it in the dishwasher! (Oh and DH's just as bad with the cups and knives, i know it has trickled down from him, 'considerate' is not a word that i associate with him at all and this is the problem with everyone being at home right now, when it was leftover from breakfast, i could handle it but should i even need to tell them not to do that?! - and he can't stand the noise of the fan either. i might need to go stand in front of the fan now to calm down!

ETA: also the fact that my pen that lives next to my notepad keeps going missing! i need to get one of those chains like they used to have at the bank!

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  3. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

My pet peeve is when my neighbour yells at her dog in a high pitched voice to tell it to be quiet! I mean seriously whats with that. All the other neighbours agree, they hardly hear the dog but her piercing voice booms every 1/2 hour, its so loud sometimes I think she's right in my house.

My newest pet peeve is everyone saying that this COVID 19 virus is just a plan by the government to control us! ummm seriously I sometimes wonder whether my fellow Aussies are a bunch of ning-nongs or I just need to stay away from FB for awhile!

Other than that I'm a pretty calm person, (she says rocking backwards and forwards)!

LynnG, Lisa B, Cherylndesigns and 3 others like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

What is my pet peeve? I had to think about this... I could share that each night I need to rehang my husband's wet towel because he leaves it all bunched up and there is no way in our bathroom it will dry out by the next day.... but I do not really see that as a peeve.
    Maybe my pet peeve is our Foxtel TV ( pay TV) that when we first signed up for it 6 years ago there were no advertisements on it and now there is nearly as many as free TV.

@Justagirl Em, I am with you over people being crazy for claiming the government is behind COVID19.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If you ask my hubby he'd probably say I have 11,000 pet peeves. :giggle I'd say my biggest pet peeve right now is the pile of dishes on the counter ABOVE the dish washer. At least once I day I have to make my kids come out and put their dishes IN the dish washer and every time they say "oh, I thought the dish washer was full" I mean... is it that hard to open the dish washer and check? :eyeroll

They used to all pile their dishes in the sink too and then I'd need to use the sink to make dinner or wash pot and pans and I'd lose it. They don't put them in the sink anymore, so I guess that's positive news that they can be trained if I get angry enough. :giggle

Lisa B, bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have a few.... lol. Mostly for DH and my kids, :giggle

When people leave garbage in my car - random half water bottles, wrappers, and other stuff. This one is for anyone in my car.

When DH doesn't hang my towel back up after he showers... so it sits in a clump resting on a towel bar!

Lazy people... more inclined to those in my house, lol!

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

One of my biggest pet peeves is PUNCTUALITY! I am never late...it just seems rude to me to be late. However, the company I work for really doesn't seem to believe in punctuality. I can't tell you how many times I've had to stay late because my replacement is late. Drives me INSANE. I understand accidents happen, blah, blah, blah. But HABITUALLY being late...just doesn't fly with me and is inexcusable. My time is valuable, too, and having a lame excuse why you are always late is just as bad! Can you tell this happens to me A LOT?!?

KarenB and keepscrappin like this.
  8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My pet peeve is security questions as part of online security. I can't remember if I used periods or capital letters and that's if I remember the answer. They won't believe it is me and I get frustrated very quickly. All I wanted to do is get something done. :banghead

LynnG likes this.
  9. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have a zillion pet peeves, but #1 on my list is people not putting their carts neatly in the cart corral at grocery stores, Target, WM, etc. And that leads to my #1 quirk ... having to straighten all the carts in the corral putting them into neat rows. Which leads me to being furious that by the time I finish straightening the corral, walk back to my car to drive away some inconsiderate shopper has left their cart nilly willy at the front of the corral. ACK!!!

Come on people, it takes two seconds to push your cart all the way into the corral vs. leaving it at the opening and causing carts to spill out into the parking lot lanes.

Lisa B and keepscrappin like this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I have a few (hubby would say more than a few!)

1. Dirty sink- our sink is the black cast iron (which I love!) but every little crumb shows. How hard is it to rinse all the food bits down the drain or into the catcher!?

2. Laundry. I do all our laundry on Mondays & Thursdays. I too like to get it all done in one day (for a few days at least!) Hubby does a lot of the bedding (we change sheets every sunday) but he never washes them at the right settings or puts them in correctly, so ~~I~~ have to go rearrange wet sheets when the washer is unbalanced.

3. Toilet SEAT up. I swear I have know my husband for over 20 years and JUST recently he has started leaving the seat up. BIGGEST pet peeve.

4. I hate sounds- like tapping, clicking pens, picking fingernails, etc.

5. Messes in general. like leaving crap on the counter or table. EVERYTHING has a place in our house & it's not on the dining room table!

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have found a few more recently in having everyone home...

used napkins left lying around and on the floor, why?
    dirty dishes here and there - or left by the sink until the food turns crusty
    used coke cans -- seriously - if you can carry it to the sink, why can't you rinse it and recycle it?
    ditto cardboard from those coke cans sitting by the trash -- 4 more steps and you could have put it in the recycle
    Socks used to breed under our coffee table but I got rid of the table

In all fairness to the fam - I think they intend to get back to finish taking care of these things but they never do. Or maybe they really believe there is a recycling fairy and a dish fairy. Or worse ---> they think I am so controlling that I will freak out if they do things wrong - so they do nothing. sigh

LynnG, Lisa B, Memaw2Wm and 1 other person like this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh and listening to people eat - that is a thing -- Misophonia. Misophonia, meaning "hatred of sound", was proposed in 2000 as a condition in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are triggered by specific sounds.

Donitab, Lisa B, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Those are two of mine! I really can't stand the sound of my kids clipping their fingernails.

I also can't stand dirty socks laying around. That is one thing my kids know that I better not find. I tell them it's disrespectful to leave their dirty stinky socks laying around for someone else to pick up.

14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I put everything in the dishwasher. For many reasons (high temperature, dry hands, time...). That's my DH's pet peeve about me.
    He, on the other hand, prefers hand washing everything. And places the wet plates/glasses/containers etc. above the dry ones in the dish rack and everything is wet again. And ready to fall. And the kitchen looks like a mess ALL.THE.TIME. And then brags about the electricity bill that was 10 euros less than the previous month, because we now use the dishwasher every other day. Give me a break! He didn't even compare the consumption with the previous month, nor did he see the #stayhome discounts on the bill. Men...

p.s. He returns at work next Monday. I'm so happy about it! The last two months have been exhausting.

Donitab, LynnG, Lisa B and 3 others like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This probably sounds weird, but I hate it when my fingernails snag on my clothes or anything else. I have to sit down immediately and use my file!

Lisa B, bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

yep, we have dirty knives being left laying around at our house too!

Lisa B and bellbird like this.
  17. keepscrappin

We have the opposite problem. The dogs never stop barking and the owners do nothing. Seriously people, if you have a pet you need to train it and be considerate of others.

Lisa B likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

All of these especially leaving garbage in my car or leaving my car dirty at all. I'm always getting after my hubby for leaving my car dirty or the gas tank next to empty. It's to point that I cringe every time he wants to take my car.

Youngest DD leaves her towels, yes I said towels plural, clumped up on the carpet in her room. First, I hate that she dirties so many towels and then leaving them on the carpet... EWW!

I hate it when I make an appointment with a professional and they are late or a no show without explanation. My time is just as valuable as theirs.

Yes to all of these! Reverse on #3 though, hubby used to leave the lid up, but now he's recently started closing it. I get up in the night and try to not wake him so I leave the lights off and sit on the lid. At least I don't fall in anymore. :giggle

All of these too! I've said the same thing about a cleaning/laundry fairy at our house. I wonder how long it'd take them to notice if I stopped doing all these things for them?

Lisa B, jk703 and 3BluEyedBabies like this.
  19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have a few :giggle but I let things go more than I used to haha
    Repetitive noises drive me nuts - pens, bouncing balls, tapping...
    Crooked mini blinds. DH will intentionally mess with them to drive me crazy.
    Wet towels left on the floor.
    Some one standing over me, reading over my shoulder, like DS is doing right now!
    DH leaving hair in the sink after he shaves.

LynnG, Lisa B and keepscrappin like this.
  20. keepscrappin

I sent DH into the office today because he was driving me crazy! He had been working from home everyday for the last month and we're getting on each other's nerves. I think he was secretly happy to go back to the office. Plus, I like my alone time during the day and he wants me to fix lunch and we interrupt each other's schedules. Yes, my DD (14) is home all the time now too, but she and I just do a modified summer schedule with her online schoolwork so we can each have some me-time.