***winner announced*** CLOSED - Get to Know You: Fast Five | iNSD 2020

Discussion in 'iNSD 2020 Party Pad' started by Karen, Apr 30, 2020.

1. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I like easy games!

1. When did you start scrapbooking?

I started paper scrapping when my dd was born in 1999, and I discovered digiscrapping in 2009. I am not crafty but love technology, so it is perfect for me.

2. How did you find The Lilypad?

I joined TLP in 2014 for MOC2, but I was lurking and shopping since at least 2012. I don't remember how I found TLP, but I was pretty active in the online digiscrapping community at that time.

3. Where do you scrapbook?

I work from home and scrapbook on the same computer as my work. I have an office on the second floor landing of my home. And I just got a deck outside my door!

4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking?

Lightroom for photo organization and editing. Photoshop for scrapping.

5. Mac or PC?

When I began digiscrapping, it was on a PC. It was so slow, I switched to a Mac and I won't go back!

Karen likes this.
  2. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

1. When did you start scrapbooking? early 2009
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? My first TLP designer CT - Little Butterfly Wings - way back in 2013
    3. Where do you scrapbook? In our home office
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? PSP
    5. Mac or PC? PC

Karen likes this.
  3. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

1. When did you start scrapbooking? I started straight with digital in 2008 just after my son was born.
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? I was aware of it prior but mainly followed Bella Gypsy and Fiddle-Dee-Dee when they opened their stores here
    3. Where do you scrapbook? On a laptop these days, usually on the couch. Lately a bit more often on the dining room table which has been rehomed in an make-shift office (after modifying our entire main floor for my son's special needs)
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? from the get go I've only ever used The Gimp
    5. Mac or PC? Mac (although I had a few PC years in the middle)

Karen likes this.
  4. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

I was a paper scrapper since as far back as I can remember, but switched to digital November of 2007 and never looked back.

Internet search for new digital kits.

On my laptop, most often in my recliner.

Photoshop Elements

5. Mac or PC?
    PC

Karen likes this.
  5. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

1. When did you start scrapbooking? circa 2006-ish
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? From listening to Steph, Katie, and Peppermint on The Digi Show podcast (ceased production several years ago)
    3. Where do you scrapbook? At my desk with my 3 monitors!
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? PSCC
    5. Mac or PC? PC

Thanks for the chance to win!

Karen likes this.
  6. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

So interesting to read all these answers. :)

1. When did you start scrapbooking? 2005 and made the switch to digi in 2011.

2. How did you find The Lilypad? I joined Sara Gleason's CT in 2012. She has graciously let me stay! :beat
    3. Where do you scrapbook? On my desktop / home office.

Photoshop Elements 2019

5. Mac or PC?
    PC

Karen likes this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Started again in September 2016
    I don't remember. Maybe through a freebie hunting blog?
    In my craft room
    PS
    5. Mac or PC?
    PC

Karen likes this.
  8. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

1. When did you start scrapbooking? Back in high school in the 90s. Yes, I'm old.
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? No idea. Probably searching for digital kits after the old site I used closed.
    3. Where do you scrapbook? Digitally - on my computer in the office. Paper - in my craft room/mess.
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? Photoshop CS6 sometimes InDesign and rarely Illustrator
    5. Mac or PC? PC.

Karen likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

[​IMG]
    i don't know if Bart has answered yet but he's here so i thought i'd ask him:

1. When did you start scrapbooking? As a tadpole
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? well lilypads are everywhere in my neck of the woods but THE Lilypad, i had to go ask my arachnid friend to search the interwebs until i found THE one that felt like home and the rest is history!
    3. Where do you scrapbook? Everywhere, is this a trick question?
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? GIMP, here's a screenshot of one of my pages in progress
    [​IMG]
    5. Mac or PC? PPC. (stands for Personal Pond Computer, it's a desktop, frogs don't have laps)

10. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

11. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

1. When did you start scrapbooking? Digi in about 2013-14. Dabbled in paper scrapping before that
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? Came from Scrap Orchard when it closed
    3. Where do you scrapbook? I am fortunate to have a dedicated craft room!
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? PSE 19
    5. Mac or PC? PC

Karen likes this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@Claire Grantham ...8 WEEKS AGO??????????????????????...It Took Me Years To Learn How To Do Art Journaling/Mixed Media Properly!!!!!!!!!!...Whoa!...When I Started Out...I Was A Terrible Scrapper!...I Can Attest To This...If You Look At My First Gallery Post Here At The Lilypad Ever...It's Pretty Bad!...WoW!...Go You!...

Karen likes this.
  13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Paper at school, but it didn't last long, Digi since 2010
    Through another member at Daisytrail, she mentioned a page in the forum, and I went to check it out, you haven't got rid of me since.
    At my desk, (currently on the landing , at the top of the stairs )
    PSE 15 and Craft Artist, sometimes Affinity if I am desperate...
    5. Mac or PC?
    PC

Karen likes this.
  14. justPattyAnne

justPattyAnne Active Member

1. When did you start scrapbooking? as a teenager - 40 years ago! Digitally since 2000
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? an outstanding LO featured on the GSO blog
    3. Where do you scrapbook? Everywhere / anywhere I can use my laptop
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? PS
    5. Mac or PC? PC

Karen likes this.
  15. ScrappyShan

ScrappyShan New Member

How fun! Thanks for posting this challenge

It's been a long journey! Started with traditional scrapbooking in the early 90's. Took a 9 year hiatus and came back in 2011. Man, had the market changed! So many new vendors and techniques. I couldn't get enough and eventually found myself more committed to buying and organizing product than actually getting my pages completed. So about 3 years ago, I had an online garage sale with my scrapping circle - sold every single thing (except my cricut) and converted to digital scrapbooking. T

When I made the conversion to digital scrapbooking, I had joined the NAODS Facebook page and asked for the best place to buy digital kits from. So many people recommended The Lilly Pad, and I've been a loyal customer ever since.

Once a month (about 8 mos out of the year) I go to a local 3-5 day weekend crop with my scrap circle. Anywhere from 12-200 people depending on the crop I choose. I try to scrap at home, but my creative mojo just isn't there. Most people at the crop are traditional scrappers, so I always get a kick out of walking in with ONLY my backpack and overnight bag - while they are lugging all their supplies back & forth from their car.

Photoshop Elements 2019. Learned on 2016 and have never tried anything else. Took a little bit to learn....and there is still so much I don't know....but it works well for me.

5. Mac or PC?
    Always been a PC kind of gal.

Karen and bellbird like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

1. When did you start scrapbooking? paper scrapping in 2004, and I swapped to digital around xmas in 2005
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? I followed Sahlin Studio over in late 2010!
    3. Where do you scrapbook? I have a desk in DH's office but most of the time that's covered in stuff, it's a dump zone for notes and 'pay this, sign this, do this later, and 'mum, i don't know where this goes' stuff. So mosty it's at the dining table or on the lounge with my laptop
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? Photoshop CS6 - it's so much better than the first version of PS i used to make 'postcards' from photos (or just photo collages or storyboards as i know they're called now) which i think was at the time an already outdated version called 3.0!
    5. Mac or PC? PC - always!

Karen likes this.
  17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

1. When did you start scrapbooking?...Not Sure Exactly...I Did Paper Scrap For Awhile...Probably Around The 2000's..But I Found This To Be Very Messy...Very Limiting...& Very Expensive!...Especially Alpha Letters!!!...If I Had A Dollar For Every Time I Ran Out Of Of The Letter "E"...I'd Be Rich Now!...It Was Exasperating!!!...So I Ditched That...& Sadly I Strated Scrapping Seriously Because My Mom Had Passed Away...I Wanted To Make Just A Few Digital Pages In Her Memory Of Some Old Photos & A Poem That I Wrote For Her...I Still Have Them...I Look At Them Every Now & Then...But They Are Light Years Away From How I Scrap Now...

2. How did you find The Lilypad?...Well...That's An Easy One To Remember...I Was On Line Trying To Find Some Free Stuff To Scrap With & Discovered That OMG! Scrapbooking Was A Huge Deal! & Lots Of People Actually Do This...And OMG!...There Are Stores Dedicated To Just This???????????...Really???...So I Was Just Looking Around On Google At Random Scrapbook Pages...And Low & Behold...I Stumbled Across One I Loved...I Clicked On It...& It Took Me Right To...[Wait For It]...Little Butterfly Wings Facebook Page!!!...My Mind Was Blown!!!!!!!!!...I Couldn't Figure Out How This Was To Be?...How Could One Make Pages Look Like This?...Anyway...LBW Was Having A Contest & She Was Giving Away A $50.00 GC To Her Store...The Lilypad!...I Can't Remember What I Said...But She Picked Me As The Winner!...So I Was Thrilled Indeed!...I Came To Her Store...& The Rest Is History!...#LilypadForever...

3. Where do you scrapbook?...Always In Our Spare Bedroom...Sitting In A Chair At A Desk...I Don't Have A Laptop...Only A Desktop...I Am Surrounded By Clutter...A Dresser...A Hamper Behind Me...See-Through Boxes On Wheels Filled With All My Crafting Things...I Am A Hybrid Card Maker Too!...It Was How I Started Creating With Paper Stuff...Now I'm Doing Mostly Digital Cards...But Occasionally...I Dabble With A Combo Of Both!...I'm Still Totally Obsessed With Scrapbook Paper!...I Make My Own Envelopes To Match Each Card I Create...So I Need Lots Of Options For Paper!...[This Is Something I Tell Myself...But I Haven't Bought Any Paper...Scrapbook Packs Since Before Christmas 2019...]...And I Still Have Mountains Of Paper Here!...

4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking?...That's A Funny One...I Started Out Using A Few Different Scrapbooking Software Kits...But Settled Into Using "Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Platinum"...I Have Been Using This Program For Years & Years!...Why Fix What's Not Broke Right?...I Never Felt The Need To Change...It Works Really Well & Has A Lot Of The Same Features As PSE...But As Time Went By...I Realized That There Were Things That I Wanted To Do Digitally...That My Program Couldn't Do...But I Couldn't Afford PSE Or Anything Else For That Matter...So I Kept On Going As I Was...Until One Christmas Not Too Long Ago...Some Of Santa's Special "Family" Elves Visited Me & Brought Me Photoshop Elements 19!!!...I Was So Shocked Upon Opening Up The Box That I Just Stopped & Stared!...Stunned!...I Couldn't Believe It Was Real...It Felt Like A Dream...I Actually Cried A Little!...I Was So Happy!!!!...It Was By Brother-In-Law Who Is Very Crafty Himself...Heard Me Talking About Photoshop One Day To My Dad! & The Idea Was Hatched...So My B-In-Law,My Sister...AKA [His Wife]...& My Brother...All Went In On It Together & Bought It For Me!...About 2 Christmases Ago...I Hardly Touched It For A Year...But Eventually I Started Learning How Yo Use It...It Took Me A Long Time Though...It has only Been In The Last Say...6-8 Months That I Had Become More Comfortable With It...But More Recently...I Had Only Scrapped My First 3 Layouts Completely Created In PSE 19...Within The Last Couple Of Weeks!...True Story!...And Completed My First 2 Pages Completely Using Templates Properly!...Also A True Story!...

5. Mac or PC?...PC...[I Can't Afford Anything Mac...]

Karen likes this.
  18. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

1. When did you start scrapbooking? Sometime in 2013 - I went straight to digital. Paper scrapping didn't really appeal, but when I found out I could scrap without making a mess . . . !
    2. How did you find The Lilypad? Followed Tangie and Rebecca
    3. Where do you scrapbook? In my basement studio on a laptop that's not on my lap and really isn't portable.
    4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? Photoshop Elements 2018 (but looking at an upgrade. PSE 2020 or PS CC? Decisions, decisions.)
    5. Mac or PC? Windows 10. I suspect a Mac would be better but I'm a former Microsoft Professional, so not going there!

Karen likes this.
  19. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Saw wonderful pages on Gallery Standouts, and happily followed Nicole (NBK) here.

At my desk, overlooking my beautiful back yard.

PSCC2020 and PS for iPad when traveling

5. Mac or PC?
    Mac

Karen likes this.
  20. G.T.

G.T. Active Member

1. When did you start scrapbooking? About 2003 - found DD's wedding photos (800 of them) still in a box 18 mths later so I was going to 'put' them into an album for her much to my friend's disgust! You can't JUST put them into an album and she showed me her scrap books! Didn't feel that I could start with the wedding photos to do them justice, so just played with everything else. Here I am 17 years later now scrapping them during this time of ISO - and 'putting' them into an album!!!

2. How did you find The Lilypad? can't remember

3. Where do you scrapbook? Now have a whole craft room (aka Grandma's Play Room) in our new place - and on my computer, laptop and iPad!!

4. What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? PSE 2020 & PS on the iPad Pro

5. Mac or PC? MAC now that I have pensioned off my old PC

Loved reading everyone's stories!

Karen likes this.