Are you scrapping your lockdown experience? (plus FWP gift)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by LynnG, Apr 30, 2020.

1. LynnG

LynnG Designer

This pandemic, like all the ones before it, will end eventually. In the meantime, I know those on the 'frontline" don't have time to take photos or scrap (they are too busy working or, sadly often, grieving).

But I also know that when anyone looks through your layouts or albums in the future, the pages they will find most fascinating are the ones documenting these strange times.

To help you keep a record, I have a free with purchase mini-kit

Just add to to your cart when buying anything from my store and use the code:

LOCKDOWN

You can find it 'hidden' in store here

lgrieveson_messy_lockdown_preview.jpg

Here's how I have been using it (I am officially allowed - as a news photographer - to travel about but I chose not to, but because I live downtown I was able to get plenty of shots just on our daily walks) :-)

200200430_photobooth_covid.jpg 200200430_photobooth_covid_2.jpg 200200430_photobooth_covid-3.jpg
    200200430_photobooth_covid-4.jpg

jenn mccabe, chastml, Ga_L and 4 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Your templates are the backbone to my already 50 pages done! I did daily pages for 21 days! insane, I am now doing weekly ones, but those are spilling into 3-6 pages too! Amazing how much we do, or appreciate during this going on 8 weeks long stay at home craziness!

Lisa B, LynnG and Karen like this.
  3. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

Thanks Lynn. I've been working from home week about and have during that time bought 2 fish tanks and taken a zillion photos of my two fish I can scrap them :)

LynnG likes this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Love the mini kit Lynn! Thank you!

LynnG likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

brilliant pages @LynnG and a great mini kit thank you.

LynnG likes this.
  6. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

Such an amazing mini kit!!! thank you! and I LOVE your new templates set

LynnG likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a great kit! Thanks for sharing it! I am definitely scrapping all about this crazy time. I'm keeping a daily journal and try to jot down things specific to COVID each day. I've also done some layouts already with LOTS of journaling on them. I think it's going to be really interesting to be able to look back and read about things later in life for sure! I wish I could get my kids to write about their thoughts right now too. They don't think it would be interesting at all. :giggle

LynnG likes this.
  8. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thank you for the mini-kit! I love how you've used vintage padlocks for your "lockdown" theme. Brilliant!

LynnG likes this.
  9. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

Love it! I haven't scrapped our experience yet. I realized last week I haven't really been taking many photos. I need to get to it, and record how things are going before I forget all the "nitty gritty" of the situation.

LynnG likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The kit is adorable!
    [​IMG]

LynnG and Ga_L like this.
  11. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Thank you for the mini kit! I haven't used it yet, but I will.

LynnG likes this.
  12. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Bummer, I didn't see this until just now...and I bought three templates yesterday:(

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have no idea if it would work, but have you tried checking out with just the mini kit and the coupon code?

14. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Thank you for a great kit! I'm sure I'll have *new* stories about all of this. I've "volunteered" to work at our local yarn shop (my usual occasional gigs are at the local yarn and quilt stores). Our state is "reopening," but our town is tourist destination, so we've already had a beautiful weekend with crowds of people in town, and nothing open (but take out at a few restaurants), and hyper citizens concerned about the impact the tourists will have on our health. It's a quagmire. Especially as those most vocal about the tourism concerns are folks who don't have a small business in town, or even *support* the small businesses in town. We're so rural, we're mostly isolated if we're at home anyway. Big meeting today about all of this. Sigh....

At least I have something to do besides watch the show and eat popcorn... like record the mess!

But I have done a few pages. I love digital scrapping because I actually *do* pages "in the moment" now, rather than having to wait for photos, time, etc.

LynnG likes this.
  15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thank you for the kit and your pages are gorgeous

LynnG likes this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Generous of you, LynnG! I personally have moved on from this, but I am sure that many will be blessed to have this. It is thoughtful!

Cherylndesigns and LynnG like this.
  17. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Thanks Lynn, great kit.

LynnG likes this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Your kit is wonderful, Lynn. I'm planning to make a soft cover book (30 pages) of this Pandemic. I have almost 30 pages completed.

LynnG likes this.
  19. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the kit. After seeing Anne of Alamo's pages I thought "I need to do something." And I have just randomly been making pages that include what's happening at this time. I now think I will have enough to print a magazine by the time this is over. Love the kit and will use it as part of the backbone of my magazine. Here's a layout where I used items from the kit during iNSD blindscrap.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@LynnG your photos of these crazy times are amazing. love the kit too.

i have not been taking many photos and i have done zero scrapping for a little over 2 months. but seeing your pages is truly inspiring. :beat