Plans for 2020 PL

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klee73010, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Happy That I got my Kit ready for the shop this week too, I was trying to hit as close to the beginning of January as possible and will have more Kits and add on packs soon :) @klee73010

This Friday, 10th Jan at The LilyPad I'll be bringing some Art to my shop for your pocket pages!! I'm excited to launch a new product line to help you craft gorgeous pages. It will include a 65 piece Pocket Scrapping Kit which includes eith journal cards plus a fully embellished 9x12 and 12x12 Template to give you a helping hand.

Here are two little sneak peeks of the Kit and some of the cards

rjefferies-pocketart-10jan.jpg
    rjefferies-pocketart1f-web.jpg

klee73010 and bestcee like this.
  2. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Can I get your guys' opinion on a "date title" card for my PL? I have two that I'm torn between:

OPTION 1:
    prototype 2.jpg

OPTION 2:
    prototype 4.jpg

Torn a bit on the paint too...

I'm so indecisive.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I really love them both!
    Are you at Disney every day? Or could you use the one for non-Disney days, and the other for Disney days? I love the paint!

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

@NBK-Design i May be overlooking the answer somewhere in this post but are you going to be adding all the packs to the store this weekend? I am only seeing the starter no 1 in the store. I was looking for the starter pack no. 2 also.

NBK-Design likes this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

So this is the look I'm going for in 2020 using my new line of Stories of Life Templates.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

klee73010 likes this.
  6. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Starter pack no2 will be in the shop the next Friday

Nicole | NBK-Design

gracielou likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I like option 2 because the paint makes it kinda hard to read the date (for me). I like the muted paint for just a touch of color and interest, but the actual date and info stands out! :beat

8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I realize that this is an older thread and you've probably made your decision already, but I figured I'd chime in just in case you're still on the fence. I'm also a mom of 3. In the early years I made books for each child. Their books had the pages specifically about them plus pages about multiple kids where I'd adjust the journaling and sometimes photos for each child's book. But it took so much time! There are two other reasons I finally switched to a single family book. One is that I realized I was spending a fortune printing pages 3 times and the other is that I started thinking about photos from my childhood. When I look at those albums, I don't only want to see myself. I also want to see my siblings and parents and remember what they were like back then.

I switched when my youngest was 2. In hindsight I should have done it earlier, but I felt guilty that the boys would have individual albums from their early years and my daughter wouldn't. How you work the number of pages may depend on what other scrapping you do. I've never scrapped only PL pages; I've always combined that with traditional 12x12s. So the best photos and stories got their own pages, and I forced myself to narrow down everything else so that I could fit it in a spread. (Full disclosure--when my kids were little there were plenty of weeks when I scrapped 3 or 4 PL pages in addition to a few non-PL 12x12s. Now that they're older, spend less time with me, and object to having their pictures taken I have a lot of weeks when I can do a single page or even combine 2 weeks on a page.) If you're scrapping only PL, it's okay to give yourself permission to do more than 1 spread a week if you want to. It will still be less scrapping and printing than doing 6 pages a week (assuming you're doing a spread per child right now)!

I tend not to post my PL pages online--my newer ones are more journal heavy and less pretty, plus it takes time to track credits. But I did have a few in my gallery, so here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

:attention I've started to update my Easy Peasy Templates with png files.
    https://rebrand.ly/nbk-EASYPEASY
    If you see this sticker on the preview, you can be sure there are now PNG Files also available.
    :cheer
    PNGFILES.png

klee73010 likes this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

11. nun69

nun69 Active Member

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

13. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I kissed the frog!