Monthly Muse Challenge- April 2020- WEEK 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Hi everyone! I offered to take over for at least this week maybe th rest of the month, we;ll see how it goes!

Cynthia started us last week with a journey through memory lane. I had a bit of a struggle since I don't really remember much of my childhood other than hospitals and staying inside. I have been practicing social distancing SINCE FOREVER! So... this year I thought I would push your red wagon down memory lane too! I want you to either pick one memory from WEEK 1 or it could be a BRAND NEW memory and elaborate and tell us all you remember about it. Maybe, it's a favorite toy (that you had or that you wanted and never got) or maybe a favorite recipe... maybe a special friend or pet or place! You get it, I want you to pick ONE memory and show it to us like this is the presentation of a lifetime and you want to make sure that memories is never forgotten.

I will have a new sample soon, but I thought I would leave you this page I did a few years back.

[​IMG]

Here is a Pinterest search of vintage toys~

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My journaling tells how I came across this story.
    [​IMG]

p.s. I have since modified the layout to include a little "now" on the left photo.

Dalis likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a great Muse Challenge, Dalis! Can't wait to "think" about this one.

Dalis likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. Dalis

I can't wait to see it, Cheryl!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Sorry that MrsPeel won't be continuing to host; hope she is well.
    I created an ATC for this challenge:
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I went off on a bit of a new childhood memory from what was in my quilt in week 1. I may still go back to that quilt to isolate one of those memories.

[​IMG]

Dalis and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I had forgotten about this until working on last week's quilt. Not a toy but a fun memory.
    [​IMG]

Dalis, Cherylndesigns and AJK like this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    My muse followed on from the previous one which was my Granny's house.
    This is childhood Easter from my eyes.

Dalis, Cherylndesigns and flowersgal like this.
  11. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

So many things to choose from with this challenge. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Another childhood memory, but this one came directly from my quilt of memories from week 1. In fact, the two girls are both represented there. One is me, one is my friend Cindy & her dog Jeannie (although I'm walking the dog since Cindy had brown hair and mine was blonde. And I did hold the leash quite often) :-) Journaling is located in the gallery.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Dalis What a great muse for us. One of the memories I shared in Week 1 is one I have been wanting to create a page about for my Childhood album I hope to get printed one day. Hopefully I will find time and create a page soon for this muse challenge.

Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Thinking about childhood memories yesterday, when yesterday was the Queen's birthday led me to create this page. The page took me 3 times longer than normal to create though as I'm trialling a different software package.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

@Dalis thanks for this great prompt - I had such a lovely time going through old photos and finding these pics. Then trying to find some background on my doll (unsuccessfully).
    [​IMG]

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hard to choose just one. Might have to make a book, lol!
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  18. Dalis

YOu LADIES do NOT disapoint! I have been working non-stop this week. I promise to come back leaving some love.

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This is NOT what I had in mine at all for this week's challenge. I was going through some old pictures looking for some of my cowboy pictures and I found this one. It was taken in Grandma's front yard before a wedding I was the flower girl in. It was our babysitter's wedding and she married my now husband's brother. He was the best man. I did a layout for one of the challenges about how our lives had intersected for so many years. This is a very vivid memory though. One of the few days I wasn't a tomboy. I felt like a princess that day.

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hello There Everyone...Very Nice Layouts!...I'm Not Even Finished My Week#1 Layout Yet...I'm Not Even Sure If I Am Gonna Complete It Or Not...I'm Still Working On It...But Upon Reading The Requirements For Week#2...I Have A Layout That I Created Just A Little While Back...Sometime Towards The Beginning-Ish Of April...And Since This Challenge Said That We Could Create A Layout About A "NEW" Memory If We Chose To...So With A Bit Of Soul Searching & Encouragement From @MrsPeel ...She Gave Me The Go Ahead To Post This Layout If I Wanted To Share It With All Of You...Eventhough This Layout Was Created Exclusively For Her!...I Wasn't Sure If I Was Gonna...That's Why The Soul Searching...This Layout Is Very Personal To Me & My Friendship Towards @MrsPeel ...We Have Become Fast Friends In A Short Time...I Know You All Know Her & Love Her Too!...Probably Better Than I Do...& Certainly A Lot Longer Than Me...But I Have Admired Her From Afar For Many Years!...& I Couldn't Imagine That She Would Become Such A Great Friend To Me!...But She Has...I Have Admired Her Talent & Ability...Which Has Inspired & Does Inspire Me Each & Every Day...She Became A Mentor To Me A Short While Ago Now!...She Has Laughed With Me...Cried With Me & Send Me Hugs & Kisses Virtually Through PM's For Quite Sometime Now!...I Like Sending Her GIFS! [It's A Thing I Do For Her]...She Is One Of The Strongest Women I Know & She Is Also One Of The Kindest & Most Generous Too!...She Always Has Time To Share Stories About Life...Stories About Strength & Inspiration...She Has Helped Me In Ways I Will Never Be Able To Explain...Her Strength Has Given Me Strength In Many Ways Too!...On Some Of My Darkest Days She Has Been There For Me...She Has Coached Me & Encouraged Me Too!...And One Day I Was Thinking About Our New-ish Found Friendship & I Wanted To Create A Layout For Her...So I Asked Her If She Would Send Me A Photo Of Herself...She Chuckled & Said Yes!!!...So Off I Went To Create With Her Wonderful Photo...With What I Can Only Call The Perfect Mixed Media Collection That Was "Tailor-Made" For This Photo & The Feelings I Was Trying To Convey...She Is A Pillar & A Rock Of Strength In My Life & I Think Of Her Daily...Even When We Don't Get To Talk To Each Other Every Day...She Is Always On My Mind & She Always Has My Love/Heart/Hugs & Support!...Her & Her Daughter Sarita That Is Too!...So This Post & Layout Is A Tribute To Her & Our Wonderful New-Ish Friendship...She Is The One Who Originally Reached Out To Me & I Have Felt Blessed & Grateful For Her Friendship Ever Since...XOXO...Hearts & Hugs My Dearest Friend!!!...

@MrsPeel ...I Hope You & Sarita Are Doing Better Today!...Take Care & Be Safe Too!!!...:bk...:heartslub...:yourock...:heartslub...:heartslub...:heartslub...

*Sorry For The Long Post Everybody...But I Just Wanted To Say All That I Felt I Needed To Say...And To My Many Other Special Lilypad Friends Who Take The Time To Stop By & Read My Book-Like Manifesto Tribute!...Thanks! In Advance Everybody!!!...I Am Very Grateful & Blessed For All The Special Lilypad Friends That I Have Made Here...I Really Do Appreciate All Of You So Very Much Too!!!...:bk...*

*For My Friend MrsPeel:The Lilypad Ties That Bind Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-August 2019-Sew Inseparable Ties-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynne-Marie/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *Sew Happy-M3 Companion Add-On-Collage Bits & Bobs-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020