Easter | Pad Patter 4.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 12, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

[​IMG]

I hope you all had a lovely day and an amazing Easter (if you celebrate)! It was a quiet one around here for sure. My DIL stopped by with the best Easter baskets for everyone... A six pack of DH's favorite beer; a roll of toilet paper, cans of wine, and a birdhouse for me; and a chocolate bunny holding a cell phone and ginger ale for DS. I took baskets to two of the grandbabies this evening. It was a different kind of Easter for sure, but still full of blessings.

If you celebrate, did you do anything different or creative because of the current situation?

Lisa B likes this.
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Instead of our normal extended family Easter dinner, we had phone calls with everyone that normally would be celebrating with us. And instead of a traditional dinner (which would be way too much food for just our family), we're ordering pick-up Chinese for supper. Looking forward to it (it should be arriving soon). Happy Easter everyone!

Lisa B likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

I did phone calls with my mom and my son who is overseas. We didn't do traditional dinner either. I did ribs and cheesy potatoes. My daughter texted me at one point and wanted to know where the deviled eggs were. I sent her the recipe :giggle. Chinese sounds really good!! Enjoy!!!

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. ButFirstCoffee

ButFirstCoffee Member

I always cook Roast Lamb on Easter Sunday for us and my Mum & Dad

Due to lockdown and my parents being in the vulnerable group as well as myself, we couldn't be together

That wasn't going to stop me though! I cooked as usual and they drove round, Tim went out to them and placed a "non contact delivery" of Easter dinner (in takeaway containers) into the boot of their car, so I still managed to cook them dinner for Easter as always x

bellbird, kimingvtx, HeatherB and 2 others like this.
  5. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Happy Easter!! It's very quiet here. We don't usually cook Easter dinner. It's been our tradition to do a potluck at a park with friends... the main part of the meal is purchased and we all supplement something easy! It's disappointing not to be together with all our peeps!

HeatherB and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

For Easter Sunday dinner, I usually do a ham, with scalloped potatoes and peas (because that's what my mother used to make for Easter, and when it comes to holiday meals, I like to go with my mother's traditions...). However, when I went to the grocery store yesterday (to get a ham, and some Gruyere cheese for the scalloped potatoes), the line outside was just too long, and I just couldn't deal. I knew I had plenty of food (if not traditional Easter food) at home, and decided to go with that. Dinner was roast chicken with stuffing and gravy; mashed potatoes; carrots; and chocolate toffee brownies for dessert. More like Thanksgiving than Easter, I guess, but still an abundance of food, for which I am very grateful.

Lots of phone calls to and from family members who normally would have been gathering together in person. Such a strange time. But: we will get through this. Happy Easter!

HeatherB, Lisa B and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

So awesome that you were still able to get dinner to your parents! Happy Easter :)

ButFirstCoffee likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

It was so quiet today. Usually all the neighbors have big crowds of family and I didn't see anyone around at all. Hopefully we will be able to make up for everything soon!

Lisa B likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

The dinner sounds amazing, even if it's not traditional. There's not much traditional at all these days, that's for sure! Yes, we will get through and with a much deeper appreciation for time together I'm sure!!

mary kate likes this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We didn't do any special food, except I did make deviled eggs. My DS and DIL dropped an Easter bag of goodies by -- just in time too as my chocolate stash was getting low. We did church online, then at 2pm did Zoom with family out of state, at 4pm we watched another Zoom (which was not interactive at all) and took a nap through it. Now the DH is doing Movie Night via Google Hangouts or something.

Three out of four of us had a mini break-down today (including me). This forced stay-at-home is hard. It has been almost a week since I have left the house, so I escaped to Cook-Out for a handmade chocolate banana peanut butter shake. I'll regret it tomorrow when I step on the scale, but man was it good.

11. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

We had a Virtual Easter Party on Marco Polo. We played games, did sidewalk chalk, and laughed a lot. It was fun and my sister said it was the best Easter ever. It was different, but certainly memorable.

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hope everybody had a nice Easter! We had a basket for our grandson and he wanted an egg hunt, so we hid eggs outside. it was SO hot today that we were hoping he might not want to hunt eggs, but he did. He's almost 9 so we figured this would be the last year he'd want to hunt eggs.

We Facetimed with some of the family and had our usual "group texts" with the rest of the family.

We ordered Easter dinner to be delivered - Outback Steak House - first time we had done take-out since the lock down. It was a welcomed treat and we all 4 (DH, DD, GS and I) enjoyed it very much.

HeatherB likes this.
  13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Today, was bad.... no Easter nothing.... no fancy dinner like most of the people in my Facebook walls, no Easter egg coloring. I can't be using the last eggs to boil for no reason other than dying eggs... No Easter basket, because I just don't have the face to order non-essentials for drive-up at Target. So, there, this was the least Eastery Easter EVER... we did play two hands of SEQUENCE and one hand of CLASH of HANDS.

14. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Quiet day. DH bought a new pressure washer and edger so he tried those out. i moped alot! Had my breakdown last night. I have severe pancreatitis and trying to get Insurance to pay for meds that work has been a struggle. Then I got a letter from my Gastro doctor discharging me from his care. Really? But he wants a goodbye appointment? For real??? So I went and got a bag of the mini powdered doughnuts and ate almost the whole bag! No Easter dinner, didn't talk to family. Just texted DD

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love that @Dalis Least Eastery Easter ever.
    We watched the church service online and hubby did a bbq for us.
    There was a little chocolate but my heart wasn't in it.
    I can identify.

16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Our Easter Services were online, and we didn't do our usual "Last Supper" together on Thursday evening. I missed that. No Easter Art Exhibition, but I created my art anyway, and a photo of it was used as part of the Sunday Morning Service.
    DSC02069 (Small).JPG
    My painting from last year is still hanging on the Sanctuary wall. After lock down ends I will swap them over.

Karen likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our Easter definitely felt weird. We did church online at about noon after I drug our two teenage boys out of bed. I did put together Easter baskets for them, but they were sparse because the little grocery store I've been going to did have a lot of selection for goodies and I wasn't about to go to anymore stores just for candy. I did joke that it was nice to not have to wear my once-a-year dress for Easter though. :giggle

Normally Easter is a busy and exhausting day because I'm in the choir choir and we usually sing for 3 services that morning, 6:30, 8:00 and 10:30 am. Then we go to my MIL's house where she feeds us a yummy ham lunch. I missed all of that yesterday.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  18. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Normally we drive in to Chicago on Saturday to visit with my brother. We walk over to the church to get the Easter basket blessed (a Polish tradition, the basket is filled with meat, salt, pepper, a butter lamb, bread, horseradish, hard-boiled eggs & some of the chocolate variety as well). We spend the weekend visiting along with several nice restaurant meals.

This year was none of the above. I never even got out of my jammies. DH did, he put some work clothes on & went outdoors to work on the property for a couple of hours, spring clean-up stuff. I baked grain-free blueberry muffins for breakfast, washed dishes, worked on an AJ challenge hosted by dear Cynthia, relaxed & drank a wine cooler while we watched TV in the afternoon, hard-boiled some eggs & made a traditional Polish Easter soup for dinner. I also emailed a few of my friends and my family. That was it, that was my day.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  19. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to do much this year as I usually don't host Easter, but I changed my mind after the lock down. Everyone has given up so much that I wanted to have as close to normal as possible. I made overstuffed baskets for my girls with lots of candy and snacks, colored just as many eggs as we would eat, had my 16 and 17 year olds do a small egg hunt with cash filled eggs (they were good sports to not grumble about it), and I had the four of us dress in nicer clothes and took some family photos with the tripod. I made a beef tenderloin, Greek beans, rice, and rolls. I topped it all of with a bunny shaped cake. I pretended it was Thanksgiving and told my family how much I was thankful for them. This pandemic has shown me that you never know when it will be the last of something, so I made the most of it.

20. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

We had sunrise service on FB live. My daughter's church doesn't have wifi in the sanctuary so her church and mine have combined services for the time being! My daughter gave an awesome sermon (I may be biased). For dinner, my husband cooked steaks and potatoes and mushrooms. We had dinner with our kids and dear friends using Zoom! So definitely more of a technology use Easter than normal, but still got to see everyone. My neighbor brought over a card and we got to visit for a little bit....social distancing of course.