12amEDT Recipe Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges for 24 Hour World Connectedness Event' started by bellbird, Mar 31, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there!
    Here's my shopping bag of essentials we'll be referring to for inspiration for this scrap challenge!
    I'll be explaining what each item represents in the chat, and will add details to this post as we go.

connectevent300pxwide.jpg
    (credits: Kristin Aagard | Groceries kit; Heather Joyce | The Jam font, plus TimeNewRoman)

Ok so here's the extra info...​
    *Bleach:* you're going to start with a nice clean background - solid paper only, any colour but no obvious patterns of any kind or splotches
    *Sanitizer :* give it a spritz - use mist of paint, drips and splats are ok too!
    *Pasta:* cut the corner off the bag and tip it into a labelled cannister but oops! spilt some and they scattered on the bench top! use any scatter you want
    *Toilet paper :* we found some, the fancy kind! but not much so we're rationing! use a doily OR 3 or 4 small squares of paper somewhere on your page, can be patterned or plain (oh and PSA- don't flush doilies or anything but toilet paper unless you can afford a plumber!)
    *Birdseed / Petfood:* yes it's essential in my house! Incorporate a bird (or cat or dog - any animal really) into your page (can be a photo subject, an element, print on a paper etc)
    *Canned tomatoes: *makes for awesome taco sauce, pasta sauce and if you buy 2 of the jumbo cans you can use them like dumbells! Use something red on your page
    * Frozen peas:* easy way to add green goodness to any meal and convenient ice pack for boo-boos when wrapped in a tea towel! Use something green on your page
    * Flour:* well i think i got confused trying to get in and out of the shops in record time and picked up a bunch of flowers instead - oh well, they will brighten up the kitchen in a vase! Add 2 or more flowers to your page

So pick any 5 items, use them to create your page - with any number of photos or photoless, that's up to you- and pop any extras like journalling and dates etc on that you would like and add it to the gallery and link me up here so i can come and comment. Thanks!
    (Oh & if you can tell me what items you chose like @A-M did, that would be great :giggle)
    (Oh and this is open til the end of the 24hr event)

ETA: I'm back with mine - i have bleach (grey solid backgrd); sanitizer (sprayed & splattered paint); fancy toilet paper (doily); birdseed (my photos); frozen peas (green paint); flour (sticker and 'real' flower)
    *credits in the gallery*
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    KarenB and AlyciaIN like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I chose Bleach ( red paper); pasta (scatter from kit); Birdseed ( my bird photo); Frozen Peas ( recolored feather from kit); flour - 3 flowers from the kit I used.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Bleach - plain BG
    Sanitizer - spritz, water droplets on multiply
    Toilet paper - small squares (needed more than 4, hope that still counts)
    Birdseed - dragon fly
    Frozen peas - leaves
    Flour - two flowers

DivaMom96 and bellbird like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

all the scraps & games are open until the end of the 24hr event :)

littlekiwi likes this.
  6. willimena

willimena Well-Known Member

Thanks @bellbird for a bit of fun! I used bleach, pasta, birdseed, canned tomatoes and frozen peas. I left the toilet paper for others! The way this little honeyeater stretches to get to the grevillea flower makes my heart happy.

[​IMG]

7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

[​IMG]

I used Bleach, Sanitizer, Toilet paper, Birdseed, Flour.

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

using bleach, sanitizer, pet food, canned tomatoes, frozen peas, & flour
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

[​IMG]

Using sanitizer, pasta, TP, Pet food, & canned tomatoes

bellbird and julianz like this.
  10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used bleach, pasta, TP (doily), pet food (puppy pic) and flour. I hope this isn't too much of a downer but I just realized it was day 18 for me.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine: bleach, toilet paper, birdseed, canned tomatoes, frozen peas. At the grocery store, I couldn’t resist buying some hard candy (a button), and pink salmon (another pink flower). And the check-out people put it all in a carry-out box for me (frame). I hope you don’t mind that my shopping got a bit out of control...

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  12. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My shopping included off-white bleach, black paint sanitiser, cat food instead of bird food, some leafy greens, a scatter of feathers (featheroni?), a flowery tomato and some lacy (doily) toilet paper and two flours.
    OOPS! Just realised i used both four squares of paper and a doily - I've stockpiled toilet paper!!

bonnenuit, mcurtt and bellbird like this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Loving all these, you guys have used the shopping bag well! I'll hop around the gallery to each page later today :)

14. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I used the (1) toilet paper(3 pcs paper) and (2) spritzed my sanitizer (paint). I got the (3) birdseed, but when the mouse joined the party, he ate it. After the mouse scared me, I knocked the (4) pasta on the floor and it scattered everywhere, along with the (5) peas scattered green all over (green paint and heart).

[​IMG]

RJMJ and bellbird like this.
  15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Great challenge! I used Bleach (red paper), Sanitizer (paint and spritz),Past (scattered epoxy dots), Birdseed (Violent, my friend's pig), and Something green (ribbon, date tag).
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

FINALLY! Been trying to get into the gallery since 8:30pm EDT! We must have kept this place hopping! :frog

[​IMG]
    I used sanitizer, tomatoes, birdseed

bellbird likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i got mine done as well - added it to the first post and will be back in the gallery shortly

18. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Yeah!...I'm Finally Here To Post My Completed Layout...With All The Whirlwind Chats Going On!...Took Awhile To Get This Done!...But I Loved The Chat! & The Fun Recipe!...Very Creative!...Thank You! @bellbird For Hosting...

I Don't Think I Really Have To Say A Whole Lot About This Layout...I Think It Is Quite Self-Explanatory...This Is The Topic On Everybody's Minds & The Topic Of Conversation All Around...I Personally Find Watching The News 24/7 Really Exhausting!...Hubby Watches It More Than I Do...He Fills Me In On All The Pertinent Daily Information...I Have Had My Fill Of Watching All The News Cycles!...Covid-19 Overload!...My Brain Needs To Separate From That Sometimes...Perhaps To Scrap A Page About It...So...Am I Really Getting Away From It?...I Think Not...So Here's My Covid-19 "Virus" Inspired Page...

*As Per The Rules For This Recipe Challenge-I Chose 5 Items For Layout:

#1. Bleach-Solid Paper-Red
    #2. Sanitizer-Paint/Dips & Splats-Turquoise Paints/White Paint Blobs/Black-Dips/Turquoise Splat
    #3. Pasta-Scatter-Black Confetti Scatter
    #4. Canned Tomatoes-Add Something Red To Your Layout-A Red Hearts Scatter
    #5. Flour-Two Or More Flowers-1 Red Flower & 1 Turquoise Flower

*To Create My Uncertain Times-Layout-I Used:

*In This Together-Elements-Paislee Press
    *Choose Happy-Collab-Designed By Soco & Sabrina's Creations
    *Hope Shines Bright-2/Pocket Art:Signature Kit:No.3/M3-February 2019-Whole Hearted/Follow/Life-Rachel Jefferies
    *Younicorn-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Covid-19-Add-On-Digital Scrapbook Ingredients(2)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    bellbird likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Bleach - white background
    Sanitizer - paint
    Toilet Paper - doily
    Birdseed/Pet food - a bird (photo)
    Frozen Peas - green leaf sequin

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

fun idea for a recipe challenge, thank you.
    Bleach - solid background paper.
    Sanitizer - paint splatter
    Pasta - shapes scatters
    Frozen Peas - grass leaves.
    Toilet Paper - 3 scraps of torn paper.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.