I'm not okay - Much Better Now!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

My husband's fever has broken.
    I've got an annoying cough, but am otherwise okay.
    Emotional health has improved considerably.

2. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that! Hugs!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Thank you for being brave enough to say you are not okay. And I am glad it's better.

It's such a rollercoaster to be on right now. Today I am not okay. I was okay yesterday, not as much the day before. I'm super emotional and frustrated with even the simplest things. I'll probably be okay again tomorrow or maybe Monday. My husband is working 2 days a week at the office and the rest is at home. I am used to him being here a few hours in the evening and one or two days a week not 5. My sanity is hard to hold on to.

mary kate likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

bless you.

cookingmylife likes this.
  5. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

So glad to hear your husband is on the mend and you are feeling better too!

cookingmylife and Angela Toucan like this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Thinking good thoughts for you and your family! Big hugs!

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Angela Toucan I am so sorry, I totally missed this. I am so happy that his fever has broken. How is his asthma? Is he doing his preventative meds? Is he doing his inhaler? It's important to try to stay ahead of the asthma. I know this oh too well.

8. Angela Toucan

Getting him to use his imhalers isn't easy. He normally only uses his blue one when exersicing, and doesn't seem to understand what the brown one is for. Only got diagnosed during the summer, so all very new.

cookingmylife and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I understand re the inhalers Angela.. I have exercise induced Asthma as well and needed to get a renewed inhaler as the ones I had were expired and also because this pandemic, I think more people will have issues and need them in the future and I needed a current inhaler. I have been wheezing more too due to weather so I am so glad my dr was able to do an over the phone appt. Tuesday and I was able to get the inhalers :) Glad your hubby is feeling better. Stay safe!

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, that is what is important right now, he needs to be doing his preventative AND his regular inhaler. I know it NOT a great feeling to do the inhalers. They seriously make you so antsy, but it needs to be done! How is his cough doing? Remind him that the asthma inhaler is really helping his bronchioles inflammation go down, which would help with the cough tremendously.

11. Angela Toucan

DH's fever got bad again last night, and his breathing sounded hard work. My cough has improved.
    The clocks changed yesterday, and that messed up diabetes control as usual. Not much sleep last night due to tha unfortunately. Putting a shopping list together today for a church volunteer to try and get food for us.

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I am so glad the church can help you guys right now and I'll keep you all in my thoughts!

13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm sorry I just saw this thread, thankful for the updates. Praying for your husband's health and for your family as you walk through this time of uncertainty.

14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I feel so bad I missed this! Glad his fever broke!
    I had a bad day yesterday and ended up listening to a couple church sermons and that helped me...
    Praying for your family!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

How's your husband doing today @Angela Toucan

Sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday @Sokee I am LOVING that there are so many church services being shared on Facebook. Our church hosts/trains a new vicar every year, so we've had a ton of them pass through in the time I've been a member there and so many of them are SO good. We've been doing a FB tour of past vicars these last two weeks. Otherwise we'd never get to see them do sermons in all of their own churches now that they are pastors. I love it!

Angela Toucan and Sokee like this.
  16. Angela Toucan

No improvement, so the Dr has prescribed some thing he hopes will help. Our minister in training has collected the meds for me from the pharmacy.

bellbird, Tree City and Karen like this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I hope the medications help!

18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Kat I know the feeling! One of my dearest friends said how she missed that time alone in her home (one of my too frequent complaints) saying she bet a lot of women needed that time now. And @Sokee I know. I finally started listening to more spiritual connections each day in addition to my Jin Shin Jyutsu work in the morning. The group I went to Newfoundland with also meditates/prays for the world together on Wednesday mornings.

Jin Shin Jyutsu self healing daily at 2pm EDT <-- that is yesterday's replay. over 2k people were doing it at the same time (@keepscrappin)

Shalem Prayer for the World 30 min short talk and then 20 min meditation

Sokee likes this.
  20. Angela Toucan

He woke me with a cup of tea this morning having already assisted the children with breakfast, and wanting to discuss what food is left for planning the rest of the day's meals. He is feeling so much better. Happy days!

bellbird, Kat, KimJ and 3 others like this.