what's for dinner | pad patter 3.24.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Dang! I hate it when that happens.

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Tonight, it's Jambalaya! Tomorrow is Fake Chipotle Bowls. Friday is order out night... then I have Garlic Shrimp Pasta, Shrimp Corn Chowder, and Sheet Pan Chicken on deck.

Might have to get lettuce, and some veggies at the store. UGH. Dreading going out. It's mayhem when you go out! NJ is nuts!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

I'm dreading the going out too! I'm hoping I can keep my lettuce good until Monday but we'll see.

jk703 likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well last night he was having his choice of frozen dinners that he has been buying for himself post cancer. His taste buds are still off so there's no complaint about anything I make tasting 'not right' when he does that. Sadly, I think it's the high sodium count on what he's buying but whatcha gonna do. His choice was a swedish meatball dinner which is something he's NEVER cared for. Go figure.

I had planned to have Trader Joe's Chicken and Green Chile tamales. I didn't pay attention when I froze them that they need to be cooked from the non-thawed state. So I used up some smashed oven baked potato chunks (really good) with a fried egg and parmesan on top. Plus my finally ready to cut chives! Tamales tonight.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. cookingmylife

@jk703
    Packaged, frozen or your own jambalaya. Dick loves that! and what is Fke?????

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We use the Zatarain's prepared rice box.... either with Rotisserie chicken or low fat sausage. Yum. We have either a salad or fruit on the side. I sometimes add more rice for the kids. You can dress it up with veggies, black beans or whatever you like.

[​IMG]

Fke... is Fake. Typo! Oops!

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Tonight we are having Smoked Salmon Chowder. It always reminds me of Juneau, AK.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So, one good thing that has come with the Corona quarantine is that we have had like 10 family dinners in a row. Having everyone's activities cancelled has been great for family time. I have cooked like a fiend lately! I'm sure I'll get tired of it pretty soon but some of our meals...

tostadas & Mexican rice
    fried rice with broccoli and dumplings
    spaghetti carbonara
    beef stew
    chicken fajitas, black beans
    chicken & mango salad
    breakfast for dinner

I have also tried some fancy recipes from this cookbook I got from the library called Umami Bomb. I made individual apple galettes that were a hit and an appetizer - toasts with caramelized onions and beets which only I enjoyed!

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I cook dinner most nights so that hasn't changed but I'm used to going to the grocery twice (or thrice!) a week so I'm scrambling to plan a whole week's worth of meals at a time. I went to the local (more expensive) grocery yesterday morning (just after they'd had 'senior hour' so the place was extra-clean) to make sure we had fresh meat after having to eat frozen Walmart chicken all last week -- blergh!

Tonight we had Greek sheet pan chicken (my current favorite dish I make) from Handmade Harvest. Since quarantine started, we've had pancakes & bacon, tacos, quesadillas (for said gross frozen chicken), spaghetti with chickpea noodles (Banza is our fave brand as it tastes the most like "real" noodles), crockpot chicken, "green noodles" (just noodles, chicken, and pesto) which is my super-picky DS' fave dish, and Mexican crockpot soup (browned hamburger, onion, diced tomatoes, black beans, & corn). Next week I've planned for us to so far have meatloaf & Pioneer Woman smashed potatoes and Pioneer Woman Hamburger Soup (my DD's fave dish) with biscuits. I think I have a good beef & broccoli sheet pan recipe that I need to dig up.

We are trying to eat healthier (more healthfully?) so I don't make casseroles anymore but I might have to bust out Cheeseburger Pie (just from the Bisquick box) and/or baked mac 'n' cheese if we have too many more weeks of this!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

having all the extra curricular activities has been the best part of this... i love not having to run all over every evening!

13. keepscrappin

I usually go to the store a couple of times a week too and it's been hard having to nail down a meal plan especially with everything so picked over at the stores. I plan while I shop going by the date the meat has to be cooked and if I have all the ingredients for the dish... lol

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Last night ended up being wholemeal crusted frozen fish, herb coated potatoes, carrots and peas

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YUM!!! And yes, so many SB's are suffering. Hopefully it will be brief.

Hmmm @littlekiwi - now ya got me considering our fish!

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

WOW!!!:notworthyWe are comin' to your house!!:bwave:byay oh, wait- we can't! [​IMG] :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Thankfully I've been mostly able to find what I need at the store. I try to only go once a week which means we usually start running out of enough eggs or milk to feed us all (I only have so much room in my fridge to feed all 9 of us).

Tonight is my son's 11th birthday and he loves Asian food. So I'm making Asian drumsticks in the slow cooker, Asian noodle stir fry, and Asian salad. Oh, and we are having chocolate cake!

For some other ideas this is what we've had this past week:
    Noodle Casserole with Ground Turkey and Frozen Mixed Veggies Mixed in
    Hamburger Salad and Mac and Cheese - Ground Beef with salad basically
    Green Enchiladas, Corn, Chips and Salsa
    Spaghetti and Salad

And with most of those meals, I triple or quadruple so we have enough for lunch the next day.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

Asian noodle stir fry and drumsticks sound yummy... Tell him happy birthday!

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

We have decided to bake an army of artisan no knead breads we found on Youtube! I'm adding things to my doughs- like cheddar & jalepeños, olives & sundried tomatoes, etc. And we are going to make a batch of soft pretzels to give to DS and his family.

20. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I did a grocery run this morning and we were limited to one pkg each of chicken, beef and pork, so I'm revising the meal plan I had before I left.

Tonight will be veggie chili with fresh bread then,
    Fish with asparagus risotto
    Ribs, scalloped potatoes and asparagus
    Jambalaya
    Chicken noodle soup
    Spinach pesto fusilli with goat cheese and peppers
    Chicken and veggie orzo

keepscrappin likes this.