iphone alert

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by coco, Jun 8, 2010.

1. coco

coco coco

woohooo yesterday apple introduced the new iphone 4 :dancebun http://www.apple.com/iphone/ i really really want it... its soo cool and as my old mobile is really ooold and scratchy i hope they`ll release it soon in germany :)

there is just something i was wondering about. they said the price in US will be around 300$ and that sounds crazy because i know the 3g was something like 700€ here...:hairpol
    how did you get your iphone there... do you need to make a mobile contract with it or can you have just a free phone and plug in any SIM???

2. Oooh I know I seen it yesterday! I want it sooo bad but I still have like 2.5 years left on my contract, I wonder what it would cost to upgrade? I am in canada and it was 200.00 for the 3gs with a contract.

3. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

They said that if you are due to upgrade then you can for a nominal fee but if not, then the customer will have to pay the full $200. I think right now the data plans are creating quite a stir around here.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My hubby wants one so bad too. He doesn't have one at all yet, so he could get one for the $200-$300 depending on whether he picked the 16GB or the 32GB version. If you aren't due for a contract renewal you have to pay something crazy like $600. Crazy! He wants me to get one too, but I just can't justify the cost for two of us to have them and I don't really care that much. I mean it's cool and I know I'd use it, but I'm too cheap! LOL! :)

5. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

You know the ad kinda says everything right? They changed things AGAIN! Where does it end? LOL

6. coco

coco coco

ok so i was right... its 300$ with contract... i was really wonder how the phone can be so cheap without contract :giggle
    this is so crazy the cell phone contracts are so expensive here for the iphone but I HAVE to get myself one of these ;) but i think there is still some time to save some pennys

7. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

I'm so sad that I am going to be out of town for the launch. I want some face time like it's my job to have it!

I can't decide though... black or white...

8. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

bloody hell 2.5 years left how long was ya contract i had a 2 year contract this time and thought that was bad enough

9. LOL I Have a 3 year contract I know i have 2 years and a bit left on it. We've always done 3 year contracts but after 2 years we usually upgrade

10. karen perry

i couldnt do a 3 year id be bored of it after 1 lol i only did 2 on the iphone to bring the tariff down

11. coco

coco coco

lool karen i have the same problem... we do here 2 year contract usually and after max 1 year i`m bored and want a new phone haha

12. coco

coco coco

i just pre-ordered mine! wohooo :dancebun:dancebun:dancebun

13. karen perry

oooh you bad girl let us know how cool it is when you get it

14. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I could have upgraded in August...however, the baby spilled a juice box on my old iphone so I had to use my upgrade option to get the "old" version without having to sign up for another plan..so now I have to wait a year before I am able to upgrade again, which is fine because by then they will probably be out with version 5! If he had waited another month to dump that juice box I could have had the new version :)

Enjoy your new phone!!! I'm sure it will be awesome :wooot

15. coco

coco coco

haha i`ll do that for sure sweetie... but i hardly can`t wait till next week *sigh*

oh no thats really bad... but the old one is also cool and i just heard today that it`ll get the new software too so it`ll work with bluetooth and some other options... i was already thinking to get the 3gs because it`ll be a lot cheaper but my heart just melt with the 4g ROFL :hairpol

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You're lucky you got one on pre-order. There were so many people that swamped the pre-order site that they all crashed and then last night they said they can't take anymore orders because so many people wanted one! MAN I wish I had purchased Apple stock about 5 years ago. I'd be rich! :)

17. coco

coco coco

really?!? thats fun hehe but i`m in germany LooL maybe thats the reason and i ordered it in my mobile shop here...

18. my3hens

my3hens Is only good for one thing....

Me and my husband are getting one if we can and thats huge for us since I havent had a cell phone in a few years.. I know in this time and age its nuts not having one huh LOL! I am so excited though!! I was sold on the video chatting! To be able to "see" my husband on his lunch break really makes me all excited and mushy and happy!!

19. coco

coco coco

sarah i think those video calls are just working between 2 iphones... but i`m not sure. thats really a great feature and i love the idea of this too

btw did i say that i looooove my new mobile LooL i can`t compare if its better thatn the 3g cause i didn`t have an iphone before... but really i have to saw wow... how could i live without this baby before :)

are there any must have apps you guys can recommend???

20. karen perry

bejewelled its addictive