I'm not okay - Much Better Now!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Oh my, I can't imagine what you are going through. Sending healing your way.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Big, big hugs Angela.

3. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

What wonderful thoughts and suggestions in this thread. Please know you are thought of . . . often. Praying for your husband and family.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am so sorry, Angela! You have received some very helpful suggestions, so I will just send you a virtual hug and know that I am praying for you and your family!! Much love to you!!

5. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Positive thoughts and prayers that he recovers quickly without any spread among your family. Care to you all. I certainly understand the intense fear. Certainly seek advice from his physician and don’t hesitate to seek advanced care again if he struggles to breathe. You’ve got some great tips from others for relaxation techniques and distraction which can be so helpful! Remember to breathe! We are here pulling for you too!
    :bk

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Angela, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    [​IMG]

Lisa B, AJK, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My thoughts are with you and yours.
    On a practical level, I have made up a spray bottle with diluted bleach. At regular intervals I spray l door handles ,stair railing ,and table surfaces. Separation is the key,even after your husband start feeling better.
    So glad you have a supportive church group.

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hugs and prayers Angela, for your husband that he feels better quickly and that you and your family stay safe. I know how scary this is. Sending hugs thoughts and prayers my dear. You are in my thoughts.

9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. It's a scary time and you're dealing with a lot right now. Take care of yourself and your family. We all be stronger once this nightmare is over.

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you all, and bless you

bestcee, gonewiththewind, AJK and 4 others like this.
  11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

@Angela Toucan how you holding up today? Been thinking of you and your family.

12. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

@Angela Toucan
    So sorry to read this, Angela. My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending you big hugs.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my goodness Angela, I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is sick. I can only imagine the freak out that would cause. I hope that everyone's suggestions above are helpful... even if you can't carry out any of them, just reading them to keep your mind occupied. Keeping you all in my prayers for quick healing, a sense of peace and no spreading of his fever.

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm so sorry, Angela, because it must be stressful and this is already a stressful time! I hope he's feeling better!

15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Angela. I'm so sorry for you! Please take care. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. big hug!

16. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

How are things today (Tuesday)? Praying for you all.

17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

hugs, Angela! My mind is not okay, I had panick attacks, I cry a lot....my fiance is working, his company didn't set a quarantine yet, so I freak out everyday....but I try to pray, focus on good things, scrap and watch a minimum of tv, to no get overwhelmed with information...stay safe!

Karen likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hi Angela...Hope there is some sunshine in your life today, whether it be the sun in the sky or knowing you did the right thing reaching out. As was said above, there is always someone here at the Pad...one of the best things about an online community is that it's daytime or nighttime (for you night owls) somewhere in the world. I wish I could do more than send you a virtual hug and let you know you are cared for. Avoid the news!

I use the same energy work that @keepscrappin described. Try holding each finger for 10 good, easy breaths. Our breath is our life. And hold your husband's or have one of your children do each hand at the same time. Love always adds a bit more pizazz (LOL) to this. I was in this kind of place last year when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. I numb out rather than panic but it comes down to the same thing. Something is happening that I/we can't control. Prayers for you and your family but yes, the caretaker needs to take care of herself. 1st. :beat:heartlub:beat

Electra and keepscrappin like this.
  19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm doing better today thank you. Yesterday I went into freak out and burst out crying. Got that under control now. The children don't seem to be bothered by what's happening other than they can't go out. Fortunately for them we have a big enough garden fro them to quarantine in outside. The sun has been shining.
    Daniel says he feels bit better now and got out of bed to move around about 1/2 hour ago, he's getting bed sore. Looks awful, but he wouldn't be up now if he wasn't improving, so this is good news.

bestcee, marijke, LeeAndra and 11 others like this.
  20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Angela Toucan So glad to hear that he's improving. Continuing to pray for you and yours!