WW (Weight Watchers)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 22, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Anyone do it? Have any tips or tricks to share (not necessarily brands etc cause they might not exist). Seriously considering it while they have an awesome deal going on.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want to do the APP but I think it's really expensive for JUST an APP! I hate monthly paying for APPs!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I tried it along with 4 of my neighbors. It didn't work for me because back in the day you had to count everything and it seemed like all I did was think about food.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What attracts you to the program? I think it looks complicated to me, but I'd love a different insight!
    I followed WW years ago when it was 1 smart point plan. I haven't checked it out since.

5. littlekiwi

It is still one plan in a way but you have a choice in that plan.

For me, it’s for accountability mainly but a few things including a horrrrid photo in January that was online (permission given) spurred me into action along with just a few other things like when I fell I had to ring for an ambulance to get me on my feet and general unwellness

bestcee likes this.
  6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I have been on plan since May and I've lost 75 pounds. You are basically tracking all food that you put into your mouth. Most foods already exist in their database so you can even use a barcode scanner to track. It's simple, for me at least. You choose the plan you want to follow and track your food. I workout 5-6 times a week but it isn't necessary to lose. There are a lot of people on plan that aren't physically able to do that and still have success. The plan will work as long as the person is willing to put the time into it. :)

bestcee likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

@carrie1977 I’ve joined and will start on Saturday - Was going to be Wednesday but a friend of mine does the Saturday workshop so decided to change to that so we will see each other at the meetings once they are back (another layer of support really). It also allows me to be well. I know for me to do well I need exercise but with my current health it won’t be an option for awhile. First aim is normal level of activity once out of quarantine thanks to Carona - that hasn’t happened for over a year.

bestcee likes this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

You don't have to wait til Saturday to start. Maybe start by just figuring out the tracking part and track what you are eating this week to see what kind of small changes you can make once you do start. Get to know the app a little bit so that when you do go full force you will be a little more familiar with it. :)

bestcee likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

Oh I’m already playing around in the app, looking at healthier options etc. I’ve done WW probably 20 odd years go now so it’s not 100% foreign to me.

carrie1977 likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

Bit of an update here

Slow and steady wins the race by the looks of things, not that I’m complaining....well my wallet might now that I’ve got to go and buy some new clothes as I’ve lost enough weight in the last five months on WW to drop a size in clothes. Admittedly with lockdown and COVID I haven’t 100% been on track but I’m way more conscious of what I’m doing and my clothes are showing that progress (Because of Covid etc I’ve never weighed myself and that won’t happen for a bit). You might wonder why this is such a big deal.....a) I’ve struggled with my weight forever and b) thanks to a hormonal condition weight loss is very slow or non existent so for me an average weight loss of 1 kilogram/2 pounds a month is a celebration.

umyesh likes this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

That's great! It feels good to be successful, especially during this stressful time when we're stuck in the house, doesn't it? I joined around the same time you did and am also on the "slow and steady" plan. My weight loss has been stalled lately, but I just had a physical and found out we needed to increase my thyroid medicine dosage. I'm crossing my fingers that gets me losing again!

12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yay for progress! I've never done WW but one of my friends had a lot of success with it.I think it's great you can tell what you've lost just by the fit of your clothes because weighing yourself can be demotivating sometimes. Keep up the good work!

13. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Yay @littlekiwi Jennifer! Congratulations on your progress to date. Celebrate every victory, no matter how small it may seem. How fun that you got to buy some new clothes. So happy for you! :)

14. Lime

Lime Active Member

Hi, Jennifer, I started WW today. I was just eating waaay too much, but the real problem (besides that, LOL!) is that my husband was diagnosed with Type II diabetes 4 years ago. The problem stems from him doing great - eliminating sugar, beer and bread, but now weighing only 128 pounds! He looks like a scarecrow. So I’ve been making fattening things to beef him up a bit for the last 6 months, and eating them, too, because well, Yum!
    And now it’s time to pay the piper. :(

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Good luck @Lime ! Being the main cook and having opposite needs in the house is hard.

[​IMG]

16. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

17. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

18. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I just started Weight Watchers yesterday. Anybody on the program please check in, I would love to chat.

I have done Weight Watchers off and on for 23 years. I first started after I had my daughter and had baby weight to take off. I made goal and did my monthly lifetime check ins for several years and then stopped. But I have rejoined in recent years a few times. The most recent was Jan 2020 - March 2020. I did the meetings and loved my leader and the group. When things shut down and went virtual I didn’t do any virtuals and cancelled.

So I had some bloodwork in September which for the first time my sugar was a little high and I’ve gained about 8 pounds. I looked at the ww website this weekend and was happy to see that they are moving away from personal points to a program similar to the old Blue. I signed up for app only. We’ll see how that goes. I’m sure they’ll let me upgrade if I want the meetings.

I know it’s right before the holidays but I don’t care I’m doing this now.

19. littlekiwi

I stopped maybe 8-9 months ago for a variety of reasons - my health just became way too complex/confusing to fit in with WW as I gained a number of food intolerances after discovering I’d had undiagnosed irritable bowel syndrome. I tried to battle on with WW but in the end it just became too hard to balance it all. Even with all of the upheaval I have managed to keep most of the weight that I’d lost from being so unwell, I think I maybe gained about 5kgs back out of about 25-30kgs that I lost originally.

20. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

Oh Jennifer sorry to about the health issues but great that you pretty much maintained the weight loss.

When you were doing it were you app only? Did you do any in person or zoom meetings? I used to really like the meetings and got some great tips from the leader and other participants.