What's helping you through this crazy time?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by redplaid3, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I was busy taking care of my nephew. Then there was lockdown orders. I had ample of time painting, drawing... but today I choose to watch a video on social media about CHINESE Virus! I got mad, angry...sad... Now I’m just going to paint and organise my art supplies till 31st March.

I will survive this lockdown!

A-M likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have been catching up with some layouts, pretty caught up on 2020. Worrying about my boys far from home. But so thankful that phones make connecting so easy and re-assuring than back in the day.
    Watching tv, binge watching This is Us.
    Making meals from scratch and cooking enough real food to last 2 meals.
    Spending time with Rosie who is home as Varsity has been cancelled for now.
    Enjoying the relaxed pace of life.
    the sun still shines, the birds still sing, the cats still want their food.
    Focus on the good - there is always good to be found.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I kind of stepped back from online stuff for a bit, spent more time outdoors walking and have been out every day trying to get supplies b/c they are very scarce around here and it took me a week to get my hands on some ground beef and toilet paper. I went to Costco at opening this morning and there had been a lineup since 6 am. I can't stand there for 2 hrs waiting to get in and not knowing what is left to buy. The TP sells out in a few minutes so I would have been way too late for that. So now I want to scrap a bit, read a bit and binge watch some shows. I'm lucky to have some work to do during this time, my bosses are working remotely from home so will still send me some work to transcribe, probably about half of what I might normally get but I consider myself fortunate to get that. My hubs is home, he's immune compromised, so has to stay in. I'm only going for groceries and walks. I wipe everything down handles/counters every time I come in with groceries. Thank goodness, scrapping is a great therapy, I plan to do lots now.

Karen likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

And now my beach is closed. So sad.

AJK likes this.
  5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

At the moment, coffee and chocolate and lots of it. I have left the house only once in eight days, because both of my little ones have been sick back to back (unrelated to the virus), now add in the social distancing restrictions that we have here into the mix, hubby working from home for the foreseeable future and then school closing tomorrow for what is believed to be possibly up to six months life is going to be very different!
    So Yeah, just coffee and chocolate, i need a subscription somewhere he he!!
    [​IMG]

Katherine B likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So this past Monday, DD and I took a road trip (whole 30 minutes) to her school to pick up her books and water her roommates plants. On Tuesday, two of her friends started sleeping over. So far they have cooked for us twice and helped her clean her room. One went home today. Tomorrow, we are going back to college to move her out of her dorm. They don't think classes in person will resume before the end of the semester. Her online courses start on Monday.

Otherwise, it feels like spring - we are currently in the red-bud and azaleas blooming stage. And pine pollen season has started - please send rain to wash it away. Neighbors are outside big time, walking dogs and kids, but staying their distance. Little groups chatting with each other - standing 10 feet apart. Several groups have been started to exchange services with those who need them, things like shopping, etc.

mcurtt and Karen like this.
  7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

This week I've left the house only twice - both times to go to our municipal building to work early voting. We are taking all kinds of precautions to do it safely. This was to be my scrap retreat weekend but instead we're scrapping at our own homes and staying in touch via Messenger. I'm grateful to friends here and on Facebook, but I sure miss hanging out with my local friends over coffee at Starbucks. I'm not too fond of cooking supper every night either. Otherwise, I'm a natural fan of the introvert lifestyle so staying in, reading or digiscrapping works for me!

A-M, BevG and Karen like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

We've decided to introduce some of our childhood fave movies to the kids. Sunday we watched "Big," which I thought would be totally kid-friendly, especially after I Googled "80s kid films appropriate for today" (or something like that), and family blogs said it was okay. It was NOT. I forgot about the bra scene and the F word is dropped once, along with multiple uses of "barnyard words." It's PG! What the heck was wrong with the 80s?! :giggle

Karen and ashleywb like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

we’ve essentially gone into lock down here - borders are closed to anyone that’s not a citizen or permanent resident. Today the local government closed public spaces for 2 weeks at this stage, restrictions have been put on number of product and opening hours at our grocery stores

While I don’t have Covid-19, I’m unwell with shivers and a fever so i’m just laying low at home but if i’m not well on Monday I’ll make an appointment to see my doctor.

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...