Waiting | Pad Patter 3.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 15, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We just got home a little while ago from visiting our favorite frozen custard place! It's only open March-October, and today was opening day! I've been waiting months for one of their amazing hot dogs and a chocolate/peanut butter shake! It was soooo good!!

Is there anything that you have to wait for seasonally or at other times? Anything you are currently looking forward to?

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think the seasonal waiting makes things like your frozen custard more special - i'm annoyed that hot cross buns (that used to be an easter only food not so many years back) are basically sold year round here now and they start to ramp up production as soon as they start discounting xmas decorations :thumbsdowns

IntenseMagic and A-M like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

When we lived in Michigan, it was such a huge deal when The Dairy Queen opened! It was only seasonal and everybody waited for it each spring! It was always packed when it was open.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

STRAWBERRIES!!!!
    [​IMG]
    The local farms should have them ready in the next two weeks!

IntenseMagic and BevG like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Yes! When we only had one Dairy Queen in town with only outside seating, it was only seasonal. We sooo looked forward to their opening every year! Now we have 2 and both have indoor seating and are open year round.

6. IntenseMagic

Oh yeah!!! Next on my list of anxiously waiting for is the the Farmer's Market!! I noticed one of the great little produce stands in town opened last week!! Love, love, love!!

AJK likes this.
  7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Something definitely not food related.... my husband especially and me to a certain extent look forward to the the AFL season starting this week. This is Australian Football League. We still barrack for a team back in the state we moved from in 2013 - Brisbane Lions.
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We have a local cheeseburger joint that is closed Nov-Mar, so March 1st is always eagerly awaited when they re-open again. They have the best yummy burgers!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We are down the shore a lot, so there are a bunch of things that are seasonal that I always look forward to opening. A fantastic taco joint. The Kohr's ice cream places, or basically the whole boardwalk, lol! Some arcades and restaurants are open year round, but there are certain ones that I can't wait for them to open!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I am happy that many of the local restaurants in town are embracing the take out option available to them during this time of not knowing. From what I am hearing, even though it just started today, they are still seeing great numbers of lunch time business.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've been waiting for Spring weather...I always do every winter. It seems to finally be here. Yay!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Peaches! not a spring fruit but my favorite. Rita's Ice is about the only thing seasonal round here and while dh likes ices I don't so... When it gets warm, hot, I'll switch to homemade iced coffee. :agree

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Cedar Point Amusement Park. . . if it is allow to open.

BevG and IntenseMagic like this.
  14. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to our annual trip to Ocean City, MD ... Trasher's French Fries, Grotto Pizza, Dolle's salt water taffy, funnel cake, riding the carousel at Trimper's Rides (my mom LOVED the carousel), and just walking on the boardwalk enjoying the sights and sounds.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

DS and I had plans for opening day at Carowinds Amusement Park next week and have season passes *fingers crossed*

16. IntenseMagic

That sounds so lovely!!

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

OHhhh!!!! How I wish we could go! We honeymooned there ages ago!!

18. LynnZant

My family got a Gold Pass to commemorate their 150th year. Opening day isn't until May plus my daughter has physics day there with school. Not sure if it will open in May or even if school will resume for this year. :( Good luck to you with Carowinds.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. LynnZant

How fun and romantic! We might just have to take our vacation only there this year if it opens.

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Cedar Point was an annual event for me as a kid. Grandfather built a cottage at Marblehead. I still love the smell of the lake while crossing the bridge.