PSE Question

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Janisn, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I occasionally have a problem with text - all the text shows as all capitals and no matter what I try I cannot get lower case to show. Does anyone else ever have this happen? I am using PSE 2018.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I had this problem the other day. The only way I was able to correct it was to open a FDD template that had a text box and copy that text box to my layout and change the font and size there. Hope that helps.

cfile likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Janisn Jan, I just did a google search and will copy and paste something I found that I hope might help you:

Getting Text Back From All Caps In Photoshop Elements (Not CAPS LOCK!)

After getting rather confused as to why my text layer in Photoshop Elements 6 would not budge from being in all caps (no not because of CAPS LOCK!) I discovered that to get it back to normal you need to do :

Mac :

Command ('Apple Key') + Shift + Y

Windows :

Ctrl + Shift + Y
    This will put the text back to sentence case or lower case (whatever it should be before it was being forced into all caps)

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  4. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

In Photoshop there is a setting to turn text all caps in the Character panel. There should be a similar setting in PSE too. Look if that's on.
    caps.jpg

keepscrappin, cfile and Karen like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I was going to tell you exactly what Kayla @keepscrappin said.. occaisionally PSE will get stuck. If you open up a template it will fix it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

This has happened to me SO MANY TIMES. And each time I momentarily freak out. But what they stated above works like a charm and always fixes it.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

You are all the best. Will try next time this happens - secretly glad that this happens to others and its not just my ineptitude.

bestcee likes this.
  8. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

This used to happen a lot in PSE for me so I have sticky note on my monitor with that keyboard combination written on it! LOL!

tw1717 likes this.