March 2020 Book Club - What the Wind Knows

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Woo-hoo!!! We have a new batch of books to read together! :circles

You will soon see four new threads in this forum for the next few months (March - June 2020). This will allow everyone to start getting these books on hold at your libraries.

The book for March is What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon. Feel free to read them in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers or even type them in white like I just did right here(highlight that blank space) so that a person has to highlight it to read it.

[​IMG]
    Just a note, anyone can read these books at any time and join in the discussion at any time too! The more the merrier! :agree

A-M likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have bought this one for my kindle as it was a good price. Looking at the next couple of months books they will need to wait as they are more expensive and my budget will not stretch to them at the moment. Well, I cannot use up my digi budget on books can I ??? :no2

Karen likes this.
  3. Karen

That has long been a conundrum for me too. Books or scrapping stuff. Thankfully I have a great library that always seems to get the books I want. I hate that books are so limited for people outside the US. :(

4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Sweet, but please don't think all people from all countries are book deprived. Because we definitely aren't! :)

I searched for some data on that and this is one the prettiest and quite thorough. It's not from this year, but I think 2016 is still recent enough for this kind of info.

[​IMG]

5. Karen

Oh I LOVE all those graphics!!! So cool to see the differences. Also, for the record, I don't think other countries are book deprived... I meant that it seems some libraries don't have as many books for other countries for free! :) And then it seems like I've read comments about books costing more outside the US too.

bellbird likes this.
  6. Karen

I just finished this book about 3 hours after I was supposed to be asleep, but I loved it and I couldn't put it down until I knew how everything worked out. I will also say that this book was exactly what I needed to provide me some much needed escapism from real life right now! It was a sweet story and even though I haven't read the series, sounds like it was similar to Outlander, but in Ireland. I found the history of Ireland that was mixed throughout the story very interesting and something I didn't really know that much about. spoilers>>> I love how intermixed everything was that they actually cleared up several mysteries near the end of the book. I didn't really see it coming that Liam was the one who had killed 1921 Anne even if it was by accident. Also, it goes without saying that I loved that Thomas made it back to Anne in 2001 after Eoin left for Medical School. I love that it implied that they talked about where Anne was and that he was going to try to get back to her. I loved that the house was still there for Anne when she got back to her time and that it was where she was when Joseph rowed across the lough. It was all just really sweet and I loved it all. It also made me think about how Eoin never talked about Thomas because he wasn't there with him after he was 18 or 19 and that he actually died not knowing if Thomas ever made it back to Anne or not. All in all this was great love story mixed with time traveling. <<<end spoilers Forgive my rambling, I'm so tired this morning. :giggle

7. A-M

I still have not read this one... must start it soon.

Karen likes this.
  8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I just noticed that this book is free on Amazon Prime this month.

Karen likes this.
  9. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Awesome! Thanks! It's been on hold at my library, but the library is closed now.

djp332 likes this.
  10. djp332

I have 2 library cards, and neither one has the book. I was happy to see it.

11. A-M

I am up to chapter 7 in the book and I am hooked in a sense. I did not want to put it down this afternoon but I did. Not sure when I will get back to it... not today anyway.

Karen likes this.
  12. A-M

I finished the book on Wednesday and enjoyed it to the end.

Karen likes this.
  13. djp332

I loved this book! I had a hard time putting it down.>>>>I really thought Anne was dreaming at first, and I never thought of time travel. So weird and so interesting at the same time. I was surprised that Thomas ended up believing her story. I was kind of sad when she went back to 2001, and that she was still pregnant. I never saw the ending coming but was happy that Thomas showed up in Anne's world.<<<<

A-M and Karen like this.
  14. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I finished this one this week. >>I didn't read any info about the book before I started, so the time travel thing totally took me by surprise! I did enjoy it, and I was pleased with the ending and learning about some of Ireland's history. It felt like a super slow read to me though. Maybe that was from the back and forth between the two voices. I enjoyed the story even if it wasn't what I expected!<<

Karen likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This is still free on Amazon Prime which is good as my library doesn't have it. btw, my library IS open but the new building a few blocks away from me won't be dedicated until mid July. Still grateful for the branch 15 minutes away.

Karen likes this.
  16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I just finished this one and I really enjoyed it. I would give it a 4 1/2 out of 5. It was free on Kindle Unlimited this week. I enjoyed learning more about the history of Ireland and after the first few chapters it was easier to follow along. Is there more in this series? Do you find them as good as this one?

17. Karen

I'm glad you liked this one! It's not part of a series, just a stand alone book, although I would love another book to know what happens next! I picked this book because I had read another by the same author called Making Faces and I also really like that one. Maybe you could try that one and see if you like it too?

18. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Thanks, I will check it out!

Karen likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

I did read this one last month I think...you know blurs day kind of time. I didn't hold out much hope for it as the cover somehow made me think it was going to be a ditzy romance. But I know Irish history pretty well including everything from pre famine to post peace talks. << By the time people started to recognize Anne I had an idea she was a re-incarnation or something and yet with more and more of the book 'feeling' so real, it was easy to accept the time travel aspect of the book. I think by providing so much factual info re the 1916 era, it made it easy to take 'fantasy' as fact. The ending was good ...and they lived happily ever after! I think I too needed a book like this right now. Dark things happened but love prevailed. >>

Karen likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

Anyone notice how similar (copied?) this cover is??
    48887104._SY475_.jpg