2017 is in the books! and I have a plan! woo hoo

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 9, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a freaking out!
    I just ordered my 9/10/11 of 2017 book (DYD 2017 already done and ordered and on my bookcase)! The year is done!
    DONE!!
    2017-covers-and-spines.jpg
    I am so excited! I did soft covers (about 30-40 pages each book). I am not a real fan of the soft cover, but it was an experiment. I will go back to hard cover for 2018.
    *stay tuned on spine layouts in upcoming blog!

I already have 2018 layed out up until SEPt. Got tired...lol 2018 DYD is already blocked, photos in, just have to add journaling! woot!
    Goal-finish 2018 by summer. 2019 by Thanksgiving
    and then dyd 2020. and start 2021 for project life/or something completely different!

Cherylndesigns and Karen like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

yay!!!! I wanted to print with the Shutterfly sale but I have been crazy busy or sleeping because I am so tired. LOL!!!

Karen likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

I got hit with something Saturday night, seriously slept from 9pm Saturday, got up a few hours, back to bed for 5 hours, then in bed again by 8pm-to sleep thru the night.
    I woke up this morning, house clean and a coupon extended and needed to use from Shutterfly!

Dalis likes this.
  4. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Anne! I love that feeling of accomplishment when you finish a whole year! I'm working on the second half of 2018 right now. I'm hoping to finish by June so I can start 2019.

5. Dalis

You lucky girl!!!!!!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's great Anne! You'll be caught up and bookshelf filled in no time! :agree

@Dalis I can SO relate. This time change is killing me! oy!

Dalis likes this.
  7. Dalis

It usually doesn't bother me this much, but this year is kicking my butt! I had a kid offer to go get me coffee from the office today because I was interrupting the class with all my yawns! LOL!!!

Karen likes this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Why do you only do 30-40 pages per book? Just curious. It would actually cost more to do separate volumes vs. putting in more pages per book with the unlimited pages sale.

I actually do all my albums as softcovers but I shove the maximum number of pages in each one: most years are 2 volumes of around 100 pages each but a few years (2010, 2014) have been three. My three 2010 softcover albums are on their way to me as we speak from the unlimited pages sale.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well done, we can all celebrate your accomplishment.
    Looking forward to seeing you do project life/ something new. I know you will rock at it and be totally inspiring.

10. AnneofAlamo

I started before I knew about the unlimited page sales...lol I am doing full amount for 2018 now. lol
    can you upload your books, especially the spine, cause that is my focus right now, and 30 pages looks bad! lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@AnneofAlamo what’s your plan? Are the pages coordinated or just all the random layouts in the book? I haven’t finished my sons mission book and my daughter is halfway through her mission. I don’t even like the pages I have done for my son. I need to rethink and get a plan so I can do both quickly.

12. AnneofAlamo

my actual year books are chronological and I have a very crazy process:
    I hit print screen and highlight just the LIST view of the folders (dates) and then I print it, and cut out and put in my bullet journal
    IMG_0729.JPG Then I draw rectangles and arrange my memories or photos I want to scrap
    I will add notes-need journaling from or get more info for on here also
    the countdown on top is to PRINT! lol, it helps me!
    Green is completed pages. Purple reminds me more than one photo memory going on page.
    IMG_0730.JPG I am working on making it nice, and here is a fancy one you can save. Print it or open in program and paste your files. I like to take it with me, to ponder the pages while away from computer.
    This is just 49 page and cover planning page, but you can make more for bigger book.
    planning page open.jpg

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

I'm working on a blog post about this, so will be adding more then! lol

keepscrappin likes this.