What Would You Do With This Scrapbook?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Mar 5, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

So were they the albums with the string holding the front and back together? That's what mine were and black pages yet to boot. Mom used yellow pencil to write on the black. Photo corners to hold the pictures in. A lot of photos had information written on the back of them as well. I used that info for more detail when I transferred them to black 12x12 paper. Some pages I was able to cut the yellow writing out of the page especially if there was nothing on the other side. I used CM's silver pens on my black paper.

2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

That is awesome that you have that. My grandma also made a similar scrapbook of some of their vacations. It is priceless.

3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Sounds just like mine. Better than those nasty magnetic albums that my youngest sister and my son had in the early 70s! I still need to Larry’s photos out of his.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@Memaw2Wm

I had a whole bunch of those magnetic albums! When I first started with CM in 1999, I got the Goo Be Gone and got the photos out of them if possible. Had a few that were really stuck but most were OK. I still have 1 but it was something my mom put together for her teaching career. I just haven't decided what I'm going to do with it.

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Once you change something, even to "improve" it you can never go back. One of my absolute biggest regrets is when collaging your family photos to make a cohesive story / timeline came in fashion. I did that.
    It involved cutting the photos. ( I did not take copies first, because in my mind they were secondary photos, and I had better ones from the same occasion, or similar .
    Well a few years later we had a damp problem that we did not realize or notice ,we had until it was to late , and the unit that held all our old albums, and even all our loose photos still with the negatives in the envelopes got damaged, to the point where some were un salvageable, stuck together like glue, and the colour just one big bluish blob smelling of mould.
    We saved some, but for others all I had left was heads, half photos, and lots of torn photos from occasions that were no longer properly documented, stuck in a very pretty, but fairly useless collage .
    So yes ,I am with the save as much as you can in the original state, especially since you have your mothers hand writing too.
    Digitalize it, save it in more than one place, enjoy it.