Radio|Pad Patter 3.5.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 5, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you listen to the radio? No, really! Do you?

My friend is uber excited because the rental car she has right now has Bluetooth, which her regular car does not, so she has been listening to her music through that.

Me? I have Bluetooth, but I can't be bothered with it most of the time. I just browse the limited radio stations or enjoy the silence of nothing.
    However, I still listen to a morning radio show almost daily through a podcast (RFH for my Utah peeps).

I remember as a kid often listening to the radio in my room. My son just tells google to play his favorite playlist. And I realized, I think the only radio is telling Google to play the station, or through my phone. So, everyone says radio is dying, but we still use it here. I wondered who else still uses radio.

2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I do in my car and studio. KLove plays consistently. Positive & Encouraging!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm a mix.
    I start with a radio - in NYC area I listed to Z100, Nash94.7, New102.7, Thunder106.3 or Boss107.1
    If there are too many commercials when I skip through, then I opt for Spotify, and my playlists.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm not sure I even have a radio in my house anymore. At one time I had an under the counter radio mom had put there in the 80's but I got rid of it when I remodeled the kitchen. There might be a portable radio in the basement on a shelf. Don't remember if I kept it in the basement clean out. I only ever turned the radio on for 2 reasons: closings due to heavy snow or the local HS football games during their seasons when they went through state tournament.

In the car I listen to Sirius XM. I've got 4 or 5 stations I like listening to. It does have bluetooth so I could listen to my own music if I wanted. The vehicle before this one, I would have the radio on for running around town. For long trips, I used the CD player.

Just remembered I do have a radio in my house... a clock radio in the bedroom that doesn't pull in many stations. I don't like the ones it does so it never gets used. I just like the huge numbers that I can see without my glasses in the middle of the night.

I much prefer listening to my itunes music on the computer if I don't have the TV on for noise.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I do listen to the radio when I'm taking Daniel to school or picking him up because it's less than 2 miles round trip. Often I don't have it on at all. If I've been playing music while getting ready for the day, though, I'll often leave it playing on my phone and it automatically connects when we get in the car. I did that today, but I knew I was going to be in the car for a while since I had to go to my pain management appointment.

We don't have a radio in the house anymore, but we do have an emergency weather radio that plays the weather information for hurricanes and such, and is also a radio.

Usually when I'm at home, I'm listening to records on my phonograph Jay gave me for our anniversary this past year, or I'm streaming Spotify from my computer to the bluetooth speakers he put in the antique phonograph. I usually play big band, 40s, but I will also play a lot of current pop and/or 80s music as well.

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I can’t remember the last time I listened to the radio - I used to on my previous phone before I changed to an iphone, now I just listen to Spotify which reminds me I need to split up my huge “Favourite Music” playlist - think there’s 50+ hours on there.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I listen to the radio pretty often! I love to crank it up with the windows down and sing my heart out. But what I enjoy is listening to a mix...I go back and forth between the classic rock stations and the current hits stations. I love it when I hear a song I had forgotten about. I love the variety rather than just listening to the same songs, and I just never take the time to load up Spotify playlists or anything. I even stream the local radio stations online sometimes. I like to be surprised and find new music.
    My car does have Bluetooth and DS and I take turns listening to whatever we want. We alternate days, and sometimes on my day we do a Podcast instead of music. We tend to listen to music through Bluetooth more when we are on long road trips and can't find good stations.

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Not at all. I listen to podcasts when I drive somewhere outside of Annapolis. In town, almost all my 'go to' places are 1 or 2 miles!
    Actually I only listen to one boring radio station if I'm driving somewhere around the DC beltway to catch Traffic at 8, every hour on the 8 past I think.

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

All the time! If we leave George home alone, the radio stays on to keep him company; we're surprised he hasn't learnt to say 'Hurry in!' or 'Big brands Sale! ' or something with the frequency of the same sponsors ad's; I like knowing traffic & weather updates without checking apps & the mix of music is generally OK with various Throwback & Old School hours etc

10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I listen to the radio as a last resort. I have all my CDs converted to MP3 files and on a tiny thumb drive that goes into a USB inside the center console of my car. So it's all the music I want to hear and no advertisements. I have another thumb drive with Christmas music as well.

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have XM Satellite Radio in my car and Amazon Prime Music on my laptop and phone and Xfinity music channels on the tv's so yes, I listen to the radio. :lol:lol I might add that I despise commercials when I'm listening to music, so regular FM drives me nuts. If I didn't have anything else, I'd have my old CD's out or my loaded up thumb drives full of music.

12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

We recently got Sirius XM. I probably have like a 15 year gap between when I last listened to the radio to when we had radio. I literally just learned a Post Malone song, lol.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The only time I listen to the radio is in the car. I had XM for awhile and I loved that because of no commercials, but I didn't subscribe when my free trial ran out, so I'm back to the radio. We really only have 2 good radio stations and they seem to play the same songs every time I get in the car for my 5 minute drive. That drives me crazy!

14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I decided the Sirius XM is a must for me. When I did travel to retreats in other states, driving and trying to find a radio station was a big hassle. That's why I usually had CD's with me (2001 vehicle with CD player and AM/FM radio). Changing CD's could be a problem while driving though...

With XM I don't have those types of problems. I've got my favorites programmed in and if I want to change channels, I can. So in other words, I budget for XM because I'm not giving it up! :)

Cherylndesigns and Karen like this.
  15. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I listen to the radio in the car. It's pretty much always tuned to NPR.

Karen likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is what we have in our car. We just stick in our thumb drive. I sometimes will listen to podcasts with bluetooth.

bonnenuit likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I totally agree with you on Sirius! I tried to give it up for awhile and it drove me nuts! I love my XM radio!