High, high, high | Pad patter 3.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 1, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have started a protein powder in the morning to up my protein and it really does help!!

I do like eggs and eat them boiled every day for breakfast. Why did I not think about making some egg salad, duh, I love it! I could even have it in a lettuce wrap instead of the bread. That's what I'm doing with the tuna salad :) I do really like beans, so I have been incorporating more of those! Thanks, Courtney!!

bestcee likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

3. IntenseMagic

I am so bad at meal prep, but I am trying to do better! I did buy some almonds and Greek yogurt for snacks. I also bought a protein powder and it's really helping up that number every day. I need to get good at making smoothies!
    Thanks, Rae!!

4. IntenseMagic

This is why I've been so bad all this time. I need to get better at prepping!!

5. IntenseMagic

This is what I need to do better...plan and prep. I just wing it tooo much! I'm working really hard on cutting out the "whites" and doing ok so far. I really do love me some rice and pasta, though hahaha, giving up sugar really isn't as difficult for me. I am trying to walk a lot more. A friend and I are walking every morning for 15 or 20 minutes before the bell rings, upstairs and down. We are having fun with it because the program work is using lets us create challenges and compete for steps. My habits are getting a little better every day :) Thank you, Maureen!!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'll admit - I sucked at making smoothies. Then I bought a Vitamix. And it makes it so easy to make smoothies, that I do it much more often. Not saying you need an expensive blender, but if yours is old, it could be the equipment that makes it harder for you, even just mentally.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

About 7 years ago my hubby had crazy high cholesterol. It runs in his family as well as heart issues. I refused to go on medication and got it under control with a little exercise and diet. He actually ended up losing about 50 pounds.

I sometimes eat oatmeal for breakfast. Have you ever tried overnight oats?
    I get the xtreme wellness wraps and make sandwiches out of them.
    I also use them to make bean burritos or quesadillas.
    Eggs are a big go-to for me too.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

One of my favorite lunches is tuna salad on disks of cucumber, but if you're wanting to get away from tuna . . . I love to get spinach salad greens, grilled chicken (frozen that I re-heat), and then add sliced strawberries and parmesan cheese. I use a poppyseed dressing that's low sugar. It's filling and feels decadent!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

If you want a yummy smoothie recipe try this one....

3 tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp peanut butter (I use peanut butter powder), 1-2 tsp sweetener, splash vanilla, 2 tbsp cream and about 1-1.5 c of almond milk. Blend it up. Yum!

IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

My problem is more not wanting to drag the blender out all the time. I have such limited counter space it drives me nuts. Maybe I need to find something smaller.

11. IntenseMagic

Oooh thanks for the heads up on the wraps! I will definitely check those out. I have not tried overnight oats. I have had oatmeal a few days with some fruit in it.

12. IntenseMagic

It's just a good thing I like tuna haha. I just bought some cucumbers, so I'm going to try that :). I need to work on making things ahead and having them ready like the chicken. That sound super good with the strawberries and parmesan! Thanks, Cheryl!!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

Ooooh thanks so much for this!! I'm going to try it really soon!!