March Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'March 2020 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Feb 28, 2020.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello!!!!!!
    I am delighted to be able to be a lot more around and then having gone back to hosting the Slow Scrap Chat and having such a good time -as always- plus seeing your wonderful pages and also having a great time with so much talent & amazing creativity, here I am for a fun Inspiration Challenge!!! (well, at least hope you will like it!!!)
    I have been looking into graphic design trends, as I am trying to get my daughter her own site, my feelings looking at this year trends kept telling me "but we scrappers already do that!"
    Knowing how so many of us love fonts, typography and alphas, I decided to get inspired by the Typography Craze trends for 2020...well, a few of them at least!!!

MarchINspiration1.jpg

Another huge trend in Typography this year would be the drawing shapes with it. What do we mean? Twirls, circles, or simply curves following the curves of other elements in the design. The shapes can be 2-dimensional and even 3-dimensional. A big hit is creating 3d objects with words such as cubes, stairs, and more. Some examples:
    MarchInspiration2.jpg

Here is one I LOVE with all my heart: Semi-transparency in typography is also quite trendy. In 2020, we will be seeing it in different forms. Sections of words overlapping one another, “double typography” with the second copy being transparent, or simply semi-transparent typography over photos and other elements of the design composition.

MarchInspiration3.jpg

I made a couple of pages, the first seemed too artsy so I went on to make a simpler, more minimalist...but my obsessive element hoarder heart won.... LOL

MARCH_InspChallnge72.jpg

AsAparenciasEnganam72.jpg

So, in conclusion: For the March Inspiration Challenge,

• Make a page inspired by the Artistic Typography images shown above.
    • Cover a minimum of 1/3 of the layout with Artistic Typography.
    • You should have other TLP products on the page, not just the text/typography (fonts).

Remember the general challenge rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery, to your March Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for playing with us!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    SeattleSheri, KarenB, Lisa B and 4 others like this.
  2. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Looking forward to this challenge!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

hi, good to see you around the pad again...thanks for this wonderful challenge.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hi! @MrsPeel ...So Nice To See You Hosting!!!...

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Very cool! I wish I knew how to do the lettering in circles or other crazy shapes! I do have an idea though :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My Sister - your examples are fantastic!!! My page looks pretty humble compared to yours. But I had fun creating it and have worked on several different versions today. I hope you like my final version, Lovie! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

[​IMG]

flowersgal and MrsPeel like this.
  7. MrsPeel

and I'm so looking forward to see your page!!!! you know I love you!!!!!

oh my dear friend, feels great indeed!!!!! Thank you so so much, I owe you a proper gallery visit, I'm slower than ever, but I will get there!!!!

so nice to be able to again indeed!!! and I am almost done with your drawing!!! couple of days maximum!!!

Terri, which program do you use?
    I can try find out , my program has a choice in the menu for text paths, when I click it opens a little window with all shapes you can use, but I'm on Craft Artist Professional , the first version, I know some of us here use it but I don't think is your case, but if you let me know which program, I can find out for you!!!
    :) @meterr

my dear sister.... NOTHING you do "humbles".... you are excellent, we just have different ways to go about the pages, but the beauty, the feeling, the passion is in both of us for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love you!!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Wow, this will be fun. I gotta think about this. I'm back @MrsPeel I hope I did this right
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    MrsPeel likes this.
  9. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

10. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Such an awesome challenge - need to get my thinking cap on for this one! But I love it!

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. meterr

@MrsPeel I use Paint shop Pro 9. I can do some Googling. I do see how to make the letters run downwards instead of across. I usually just do one letter at a time and arrange them.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. MrsPeel

Terri, I ll see if any of my friends know tutorials for PSP...I know there was a site, I think was called something like Scrapbook Campus, one of the DST ladies run it, but not sure if it is still going, all her tutorials were PSP, I ll try tomorrow morning!!! @meterr

meterr likes this.
  13. meterr

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

:bk:bk:bk:bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. MrsPeel

...and I know that, whatever comes out of your creative thinking and marvellously talent heart will be AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!
    [​IMG]

and here again, same as I said to Trish.... I'm so looking forward to see what you come up with!!! another very special lady, you are Carinna...
    [​IMG]

I was saying yesterday I think I should post a whole thread as to how many people are so important to me here...in different ways, I hope you know (my memory fails and deteriorates by the minute, but I think I have mentioned it) you are an inspiration with your pages and I love the way you have always interacted, these few years that I got to know so many of you through the pages, you are one of those special people I talk about, even us not talking one 2 one....
    Left a message to qa couple of friends of mine last night, waiting for their call, I ll let you know asap.... plus...I do the letter by letter when I use alphas...I create a shape, (circle, wave, any shape really, and do same as you do, letter by letter, but I am SURE there is an easier way Terri!!!! lets find out!!!!
    [​IMG]

@michele hillam I'm off to your gallery ...wOw!!!!!!!!!!!
    and you also fall in my "very special people list, I'm sure you know that!!!}
    [​IMG]

@Cherylndesigns what can I say?
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!

[​IMG]

cinna likes this.
  16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

LOVE you my beautiful friend!

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Fun pages and a wonderful challenge, I am not sure I am happy with my take on it, might revisit if I have a better idea
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and MrsPeel like this.
  18. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

This was fun and will make a great book cover!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and katell like this.
  19. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Awesome challenge, right up my alley! Here's my LO:
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

mine:
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.